#1 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,712 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:19 PM

Edit this setlist | More Jack White setlists

Killer show with tremendous energy.  Jack came out jumping on the monitors and pumping his fist at the crowd to get us riled up, then wore himself out!  He actually said at one point in the second set that his body had given out 10 songs ago, but he was still fighting.  Then at the end of the next song, he set his guitar down on the risers, then sat himself down on the step and leaned his head and torso over like he was totally wiped out. I was glad to see him showing a little exhaustion, because it was ridiculously hot that day and the pace he kept through most of the show about killed me. 

The day before this show, the Warstic Woodmen had played a sandlot game against a local team to benefit Native American youth baseball. The game opened with Native American singers, and a few ceremonies between innings that included many gifts to Jack. So Battle Cry was a given at this show, and they changed up the visuals accompanying the song by including scenes from the Warcry video that the song was written for.  Made for a very cool effect.  And at the end of 7NA, he dedicated the show to the Shoshone, Creek, and Choctaw nations (I think those are the tribes he named, the sound and my memory are/were both slightly fuzzy).

Oh, and he played a new guitar for a couple of songs!  Unpainted wooden body with a leather strap with "Cain's" embossed into it. I wondered if he'd bought it that day, or if it'd been another gift he'd received while in town.

Edited by Kali Durga, 18 September 2018 - 03:38 PM.

#2 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:45 PM

Cool cool cool.

#3 NoRightOpinion

NoRightOpinion

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:54 PM

Thanks for the review, as always. Were you at the game? It pretty much made my life to walk up to Jack after the game, look him in the face, and say thank you in person.

#4 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,712 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:57 AM

I did go to the game. Loved watching him in another element, doing something that he enjoys so much.

#5 Murphy99

Murphy99

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 12:46 PM

Amazing show! My Doorbell was one I hadn't seen him do in my 4 shows, and it's one of my favs. The Cain's guitar was made from pieces of the original maple floor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users