Anyone from the LR going tonight?

#2 NoRightOpinion

NoRightOpinion

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:16 AM

Amazing show. Carla slays so hard. Jack did a verse from Heartbreak Hotel in the middle of Hotel Yorba, not sure if thats something hes been doing lately. Overall felt very Blunderbuss heavy. I was wishing for Black Math or GITMS, got neither but killer setlist regardless. Great, fun show.

#3 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,713 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:58 AM

He's done the Heartbreak Hotel thing a couple of times, it's great.  Very cool that you got Hardest Button!  Any interesting moments?

Edit this setlist | More Jack White setlists

#4 talltyson

talltyson

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:18 PM

He didn't talk much last night in Colorado, no stories.  And not really any that interesting or unusual, just played really well!  The whole band blew the roof off!!!  They have come together very well as a band, and like the "new" sound, and different twists he puts on some of my favorite live songs.  Saw him in Omaha, was not too impressed, but that was in April and beginning of the tour, plus the crowd was dead.  Jack even joked and tried playing Fell in Love with a Girl, and the crowd still didn't really respond.

Crowd last night was into the show!  6,500 seat small arena/turned into a mostly live venue, if not sold out very close, and the sound was great on the floor by the booth.  The last two times i've seen Jack was at Red Rocks solo, and those shows were great!  But loved the stage set up, lights and videos inside.  Think this was number 18 for me, and this show is easily in my top 5.  Mostly due to Jack's intensity, his band, and songs they played!  Some of my favorite, My Doorbell, which he started out on his drum pads playing (that might be interesting?!?!?!) , Steady, Hardest Button, Little Bird, Cannon and i could go on, really was a set in which most all songs were ones i'd want to hear live, which is always great!

Edited by talltyson, 10 August 2018 - 11:39 AM.

#5 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,713 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:00 AM

Were you at the Utah show or the Colorado show?

#6 hardertobe

hardertobe

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:42 AM

GREAT SHOW.

Tons of energy and amazing performance from everyone. Loved it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users