16 replies to this topic

#1 Datch

Datch

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 12:44 AM

Linking this on a phone just doesn't work.
Will update ones I'm back home on a computer.
Unless a mod can fix it?

Edit this setlist | More Jack White setlists

Edited by Kali Durga, 28 June 2018 - 06:20 PM.

#2 little nicky

little nicky

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:39 AM

Don't know if this sort of thing is allowed on here, but I have two tickets and can't make it to the gig. Happy to send them via next day delivery if someone wants them - just make me an offer. 

Alternatively, if anyone has any tips for selling tickets short notice like this, let me know! 

This is a last ditch attempt, I'd hate for them to end up in the bin! 

Edited by little nicky, 26 June 2018 - 06:44 AM.

#3 Nutteronabus

Nutteronabus

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 258 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:30 AM

I have a spare standing ticket for tonight. £60 (face value + fees), ONO.

I'm still going, so can meet outside. PM me if you want it.

#4 goodmorningspider

goodmorningspider

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:51 AM

You could try scarletmist.com for selling last minute tickets?

#5 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:05 PM

He was about 10x better tonight than last night. And he played more of my faves last night.

#6 Datch

Datch

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:19 PM

Oh man today was soooo good I'm on cloud heaven.

#7 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,716 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:21 PM

Aw, c'mon, you gotta tell us more than that!!

Fixed the setlist widget. The list must not be complete yet.

#8 Jack White Mini me!

Jack White Mini me!

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:26 PM

Tonight was the only night I managed to get to, it was great!! The first half of the set was plagued by technical problems, nearly all of his guitars had a problem at some point it seemed... and his left mic that has all his effects on didnt work for quite a long time. At one point during over and over he kicked the guitar stand in frustration, the tech caught it one handed... smooth! He left the stage quite early on, he seemed frustrated at the problems, the techs rushed on and spent a good 5-10 minutes fiddling around, after he came back on things were a lot smoother and he seemed happier, the crowd started to enjoy it more as well, the second half was definitely a lot tighter than the first. Highlights would be my doorbell, wyffml, catch hell blues and cut like a buffalo! PLUS him dancing with Carla on stage for were going to be friends... overall a very good gig... roll on Birmingham!!

Edited by Jack White Mini me!, 28 June 2018 - 06:27 PM.

#9 Datch

Datch

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:42 PM

Yep, right at the start he seemed pissed off.
I was at the rail so when he picked up the first guitar he already kicked away the guitar stand. Then when he got problems with his other guitar too. He picked up another one, and the roadie was already coming in to fix things, so he had to quickly catch the second guitar stand which was coming right at him.

He played Dead Leaves on the piano because of all those problems. He finally has nice easy guitars huh?

At wasn't till were going to be friends that he eased up. Backing Carla over to sit next to him on the stairs. Singing with her, although she didn't sing. It was great.

My doorbell on the drums again.

Finally played more than a acoustic snippet of Cannon ❤️

And catch hell blues!
Yesterday he went to play some first chords too , but the crowd clapped right over in the rhythm of seven nation army, so he went with that. Now today I was soooo ecstatic that he did play it! I could barely contain myself hoping that this time he would go on with the song and play it.

Because he did play it, a roadie came out telling him he had to stop probably, but still he finished with 7NA.

Edited by Datch, 28 June 2018 - 06:43 PM.

#10 Datch

Datch

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:56 AM

Second next favourite part. When Carla was next to Jack, Dominic moved to the drums and played bass guitar and kick drum at the same time.
180628_JW_London-47.jpg

#11 Nutteronabus

Nutteronabus

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 258 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 03:42 AM

So, are we all just glossing over the fact he played Do (solo electric, no band) for the first time since 2006?

Really good set last night. It was a little bit all over the place for the first half an hour or so, but in a good way. I know it was mostly down to technical problems, but it felt a bit like a streaming flow of consciousness, which made it interesting (especially for someone like me, this being my 28th show). Surprisingly less Boarding House Reach-heavy than I'd expected, but we got a lot of White Stripes material.

We're Going to be Friends was lovely. Carla seemed surprised when Jack summoned her to stop playing and come and sit beside him as he sang, followed by a little on stage dance. It captured the sprit of how Meg used to sit on the front of her kit as he played it.

My jaw dropped when we got You're Pretty Good Looking (For a Girl), which was such a surprise that even Carla looked like she had no idea what he was playing as he repeatedly hit that first chord. If it's one the band haven't even played together before, they absolutely pulled it off.

--EDIT--

Also, he signed off at the final bow with "My band thanks you, and I thank you." I don't know if he's been saying that every night of the tour, but it also reminded me of the old Stripes days.

Edited by Nutteronabus, 29 June 2018 - 03:49 AM.

#12 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:30 AM

Man we got Do and Pretty good looking. That was awesome. Cat like agility from the roadie to catch that guitar stand. I was also laughing to myself about his guitar problems. All those years with that Airline and now he bought some fancy kit and it failed on him 2 nights running.

#13 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,716 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:01 AM

And now I see that you got John the Revelator, too??  He was definitely giving London the love last night!

#14 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:12 AM

And now I see that you got John the Revelator, too??  He was definitely giving London the love last night!

I didn't realise that was what he was doing. It didn't really translate well, just sounded like him messing around to me.

#15 Jack White Mini me!

Jack White Mini me!

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:09 PM

I didn't realise that was what he was doing. It didn't really translate well, just sounded like him messing around to me.

I think the mix was a little off last night, it was sometimes hard to pick out intricacies of songs... and I think his guitar shouldve been much louder. Every time Ive seen him before his guitar has been ear blastingly loud but last night it sat in the mix more... maybe something to do with the fact that this band has a much more up front sound compared to his other solo bands

#16 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:17 PM

I think the mix was a little off last night, it was sometimes hard to pick out intricacies of songs... and I think his guitar shouldve been much louder. Every time Ive seen him before his guitar has been ear blastingly loud but last night it sat in the mix more... maybe something to do with the fact that this band has a much more up front sound compared to his other solo bands

The night before the mic mix was off. Maybe they went the other way with it on Thurs.

#17 Jack White Mini me!

Jack White Mini me!

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:18 PM

The night before the mic mix was off. Maybe they went the other way with it on Thurs.

Quite probably! I still really enjoyed the show, I think he sounded better with the peacocks which was the last time I saw him at the Hammersmith, but it was still great! And I think this setlist was better than that one, I also loved seeing him improvising more due to technical difficulties, it seemed to spur him into a more sporadic show which reminded me of him in his white stripes era, and with so many white stripes songs last night I think that may be the closest Ill ever get to seeing the white stripes live!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users