12 replies to this topic

#1 elephant71

elephant71

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:12 PM

I've got an extra ticket for this show. PM me if interested.

#2 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,713 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:06 PM

May as well consider this the official thread for this show, since it's coming up this Friday  :)

#3 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,713 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:03 AM

Edit this setlist | More Jack White setlists

Hey, it worked!  Thanks again, J.C.

And, Trash Tongue Talker!!!!!  I had my fingers crossed that one would make it back into the set.

#4 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,713 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:24 AM

Images are up at Jack's site-- http://jackwhiteiii.com/live-photos/

IMG_2669.jpg

#5 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,713 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 09:38 AM

This is an awesome shot, too--

IMG_2914-800x533.jpg

#6 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,713 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:14 PM

https://www.jsonline...-him/538413002/

"Jack White had been rocking the Rave's Eagles Ballroom for 95 minutes, encore included, when he smiled, lined up with his bandmates at the end of the stage and took a bow.

Then the house lights came on, roadies started stripping the stage and the sound of Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" filled the ballroom.

Sorry, Louis. The world was not wonderful. Because there was one huge problem: White hadn't played the White Stripes' "Seven Nation Army," arguably the most beloved song he's ever made.

You've been to enough concerts to know once cords are unplugged, lights are on and the music plays, there's no going back.

But the thousands of fans on the ballroom floor would not stand down.

Back in January, they fought to get tickets before the show quickly sold out, and no doubt many of them ended up getting tickets for marked-up prices on sites like StubHub.

They obliged White's controlling request to seal their phones in pouches at the door, the first musician with that requirement for a full tour. And they came even after White released the most polarizing album of his career last month, "Boarding House Reach," a bizarre genre-jumper complete with some ill-advised rapping from White.

So the fans stayed put, screaming for "Army," uniting to sing the immortal, introductory guitar line: "Bummm Bum Bum Bum Bum Bummmmm Bum."

And, against all odds, democracy won. Every flurry of a roadie's scramble elicited hopeful cheers — and when several guitars were brought back onto the stage, the place erupted with high-fives and leaps and hugs and screams. One of the roadies exuberantly pumped his fist in the air, and a moment later, White was back on the stage.

"Well damn Milwaukee," White said. "Are all the bars closed tonight or something?"

For a second, there was stunning silence, like the air had been sucked out of the room. Then came those familiar guitar lines, and White and the band attacked "Army," the crowd screaming along like blood-thirsty warriors
. "

#7 elephant71

elephant71

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:25 PM

It was a great set, maybe my favorite of the times ive seen him solo. The second encore was great, dont think he planned on it but the crowd demanded it.

#8 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,713 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:43 PM

I heard there were a couple of unrecognized songs. Did you catch either of those?

#9 elephant71

elephant71

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:30 PM

There was one that he played on the piano during the first encore that I didnt know. Not sure about another one

#10 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,713 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:02 PM

Very cool. Any other highlight or favorite moments?

#11 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:01 PM

I wish some critics would STFU with this "ill-advised rapping" bullshit.  I'm sorry he's not regularly dropping the n-world, "bitches" and "hoes" in his lyrics like half the supposedly-credible rappers out there, and that ISZ doesn't have an aggressive or negative tone to it, but Jack's far more in the Beck-circa-Odelay than Fresh Prince range on the song.

Now to something much more important:  I'm glad that setlist thing finally worked for you, Tam.  You were probably just not quite highlighting all of the URL codes in the past, when it didn't work for you.

Edited by J.C., 21 April 2018 - 08:02 PM.

#12 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,713 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:20 PM

This is an excellent review. The guy's attitude is annoying in spots, but it's great in the end (Warning: I had my speakers muted, but it looks like the site auto-plays music) -- https://radiomilwauk...view-milwuakee/

And, haha, could I ever relate to this-- "Look at me complaining about hearing songs that I love. What am I, some kind of monster? Do I hate fun?"

#13 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:12 PM

You know, one could cherrypick this or that song from pretty much any artist in existence and cite "thin lyrics".  Most of us are in agreement that CBL contains some of Jack's lesser wordplay, but overall, I think he writes very clever and distinctive lyrics, and freakin' Love Interruption has terrific lyrics.  I hate when people make flippant generalizations like that, considering all the dull and repetitive lyrics that you hear from most mainstream artists.  It's particularly annoying when people complain about a lyric not making literal sense, as though being completely straightforward and logical is somehow the peak of artistry.  Sometimes it's about using a strange combination of words to paint an abstract picture.

That aside, yeah, that's a reasonably entertaining review, and I'm glad he had a good time.

Edited by J.C., 24 April 2018 - 07:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users