Photo

Just won a signed Acoustic Recordings LP!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 camyorke

camyorke

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 05:28 AM

I've been slowly building up a modest collection of Jack White and TMR related vinyl ever since I got into his music several years back. Today, I reached a milestone! I won an online competition in Australia for a signed copy of the Acoustic Recordings album, and to say I'm happy is a monumental understatement! Thought I'd share it with this community that's definitely contributed to my appreciation of the music over the years.

My only question is - how should I preserve or frame it? I don't want to cut the sticker that's keeping it sealed ...

gS7aABq.jpg

#2 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:28 PM

I've been slowly building up a modest collection of Jack White and TMR related vinyl ever since I got into his music several years back. Today, I reached a milestone! I won an online competition in Australia for a signed copy of the Acoustic Recordings album, and to say I'm happy is a monumental understatement! Thought I'd share it with this community that's definitely contributed to my appreciation of the music over the years.

My only question is - how should I preserve or frame it? I don't want to cut the sticker that's keeping it sealed ...

I just put my BB signed Lapalco LP in a record metal and glass frame I bought at somewhere like Walmart. You could go to an arts and crafts shop and have them professionally frame it, or just buy a decent frame off of Amazon. I think that would preserve it just fine. Some people are more particular than others.

Oh, and congrats! 

Edited by Ak1nney, 11 October 2016 - 10:28 PM.

#3 angelos

angelos

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,009 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:16 AM

congrats. Please give it to me :)

#4 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:15 AM

I just put my BB signed Lapalco LP in a record metal and glass frame I bought at somewhere like Walmart. You could go to an arts and crafts shop and have them professionally frame it, or just buy a decent frame off of Amazon. I think that would preserve it just fine. Some people are more particular than others.

Oh, and congrats! 

If you're experienced with framing, you could probably do this yourself. But if you really want to keep it special, I'd find a good framer who can mount it in such a way that both sleeves of the gatefold are supported equally, otherwise the gravity might end up pulling the front sleeve down over time and it would end up lopsided. Also, as Bikedo suggested over at Swirl, it's good to have some space between the signature and the glass. If you lived in Maryland, I'd send you to the guy who's done framing for me. He did a terrific job of mounting a record for me so that it overlapped the sleeve, but did it in a way that didn't damage the sleeve, in case I ever want to take it out of the frame.

#5 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:51 AM

congratulations!

#6 camyorke

camyorke

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 03:57 AM

Thanks for all the tips. I think I'll pay the extra cash to have it framed properly, to maintain the shape of the sleeves and ensure the signature isn't touching the glass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users