106 replies to this topic

#101 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:46 PM

We got a partial Bound to Pack It Up in Columbus back in 2012. I think I have a video from that show.

#102 xman

xman

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:52 AM

I have a lot of static in various spots of the black/blue vinyl edition.  I notice it more on the beginning of sides (Love Is The Truth and Blunderbuss are particularly noisy)  

#103 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 11:29 AM

I would like the opinion of someone in the retail record biz concerning how my issue with my noisy side 2 was resolved.

First, let me make clear, that the representative from TMR was extremely friendly, courteous, and responded very quickly to my emails.

As I stated earlier, side 2 of my albums was abundantly noisy. I sent TMR an audio rip of White Moon. They told me the manufacturer didn't consider this a defect, thatbit was common for an acoustic album to have audible surface noise (particularly in the right channel). All I wanted was a replacement disc, not a whole new replacement package. They said I would not be happy with another disc, since this is common. I sent them a rip of White Moon (same song) from last year's GBMS (same manufacturer) which was way quieter and quite enjoyable. Nope. The only thing I was offered was a full refund, including all shipping charges.

I'll probably buy the record again when I see it discounted.

So here's what i don't understand. Wouldn't it have been easier to send out a replacement LP? They've done so in the past. I don't see the benefit for anyone with the way this turned out. TMR has paid two shipping charges, has a disappointed customer, and a returned, used (noisy) album. and one less sale. I don't get it. I just wanted a listenable album.

#104 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,790 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 11:39 AM

I'm trying to remember, have they replaced lps for mass-produced releases in the past or only for Vault releases?

#105 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:54 PM

Records seem like they're more trouble than they're worth these days, with the limited number of pressing plants and whatnot.

(I, of course, realize that you've now sent a hitman after me, and I'm generally OK with that.  We've all gotta go one day. ;))

Edited by J.C., 07 October 2016 - 05:20 PM.

#106 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 02:06 AM

I'm trying to remember, have they replaced lps for mass-produced releases in the past or only for Vault releases?

It seems more difficult as the company has grown. I had an issue with Skipping Salteens on my Blunderbump LPs, and a certain beloved character at TMR went above and beyond to take care of it, even when it was determined that the fault lied not in the LP, but in my setup. so, yes!

#107 YDKWLI

YDKWLI

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 03:51 AM

Used to be only a radio show, but I believe it's now broadcast live on the internet with video.  I sure as hell hope so, because I want to seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it.  I'm going to be visiting family that weekend, need to warn them that I will be disappearing while it's on.

And, ooooooh, Forever For Her would be fantastic. Whatever he does, it's bloody fantastic that he's going to be on that show. It's such a perfect fit. Chris Thile's off to a great start as the new host with this coup.

There will be video:

"Tune in on your local public radio station or watch live(Saturday, 5pm - 7pm Central Time) at prairiehome.org."
https://www.prairieh...org/shows/52949

Looking forward to this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users