Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:50 AM

https://thirdmanreco...ult-package-29/

Vault29-webmockup-1000.jpg

On June 9th, 2016, Third Man Records was humbled to welcome Pearl Jam for a performance in our Nashville Blue Room live venue. Kept secret until the absolute last moment, the crowd of only 250 included lucky Ten Club members, mayors, NBA superstars, country music royalty, and possibly even a few stowaways. To call it a "warm-up” for their headlining set at Bonnaroo two nights later would be to vastly undervalue the evening. The band tore through a clutch collection of songs that spanned both deep cuts and fan favorites. A classic like “Deep” from Ten sits comfortably next to “Life Wasted” from their self-titled album Pearl Jam, and set-closer “Let Me Sleep” was originally recorded in 1990 (and was the band’s first-ever Ten Club release). The highlight of the performance came when Pearl Jam invited Jack White and his guitar to the stage to join on a song that clocked in at over seven minutes and featured wild dueling solos between White and Mike McCready, this epic performance left every mouth in the audience agape and every face on stage all smiles. Those seven minutes were truly some of the most memorable and historic in seven years since the Blue Room opened its doors.

Listen to a 30-second "sneak peek" clip below:  (follow link above ^^ )

All this said, it should come as no surprise that this performance is the centerpiece of Third Man’s 29th Vault package: a black-and-gold, split-colored vinyl version of Pearl Jam’s set, recorded live direct-to-acetate and packaged in a stunning custom jacket, all soft touch coating and gilded gold metallic ink. While split-colors are normally only made available to attendees of the show, the opportunity to share this once-in-a-lifetime performance with the wide-reaching TMR and PJ world’s was too good to pass up

The following afternoon Eddie Vedder entered Third Man Records’ Voice-o-Graph recording booth and performed an arresting, solo acoustic song. Housed in a custom TMR Record Booth sleeve and pressed on clear transparent vinyl (just like the original) this disc captures a poignant moment for Vedder, and marks the event of yet another musical legend making exceptional use of the Third Man Recording Booth.

Third Man’s accomplished in-house photographer Jamie Goodsell documented the entirety of the evening’s events on his trusty SLR camera. These images have been compiled into a timeless photo book. This embossed, fabric-wrapped, 9” x 6” hardcover photo collection gives the viewer the ability to look behind the curtain, both into Pearl Jam and Third Man's worlds on a special night for both parties.

Rounding out Vault Package #29 are a 1” round metal lapel pin utilizing the custom Pearl Jam/Third Man mashup logo (printed onto silk-screened posters and complimentary beer koozies used that fateful night) in addition to a 3” circular patch of the same design, featuring gold thread and just begging to be sewn onto your motorcycle leather, denim vest, varsity jacket, backpack, wedding gown, pillowcase, coffin lining, underwear, etc, etc...

ALL of these items will ONLY be available as part of Third Man’s Platinum Vault Subscription service. For this Vault Package #29 ONLY, all members of Pearl Jam’s Ten Club will receive a SINGLE-USE coupon code entitling them to $15 off the cost of the package. Ten Club members active as of 6/30/16 have been sent their unique code as well as instructions to subscribe. Platinum Vault Subscriptions using this Ten Club coupon code WILL NOT RENEW for the next Vault cycle.

Subscribe early, subscribe often — Just make sure you subscribe by July 31st, the official deadline. It is our hope that Ten Club members will enjoy the experience of the Third Man Vault and Third Man Vault members will be incentivized to further explore Pearl Jam’s incredibly rewarding fan club.

Non-Ten Club members can sign up for a Platinum Vault Subscription through the usual process here.

Subscribe now by July 31st: thirdmanrecords.com/vault

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but that night had to have been fantastic and I'm sure looking forward to hearing it.

#2 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:58 AM

Interesting, but not surprising I guess, that the Ten Club will be getting a $15 voucher. That's a great deal for them. Now the question is, what are the chances of there being scratches or whatever if URP is pressing this (which I assume they will be). I hope that won't be the case as there'll most likely be a much larger number of people subscribing to this.

#3 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:37 AM

I like that TMR is using their resources to gets this out so quickly!

This one's for you, El Presidenté!

#4 fintano

fintano

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:45 PM

I have always disliked Pearl Jam, so have had to cancel subscription. My love of TMR will survive another 3 months, until this monstrosity passes. Looking forward to #30.

F

#5 Twist of Denial

Twist of Denial

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 03:53 PM

I don't love Pearl Jam, but I like them enough to probably hang onto the vault subscription for this.  Is there a setlist?  I feel like these shows tend to be on the shorter side.

#6 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:20 PM

They're timed to fit on a record. There's even a break in the shows to allow for a new reel of tape and acetate for side two. And I believe the setlist was posted in whichever thread folks talked about this show in, can't remember now which one it was.

#7 bigbayblue

bigbayblue

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:26 PM

Here's the setlist: http://www.setlist.f...n-13fe11a1.html

#8 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,187 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:28 PM

Jack did this for our dear Kingsnake. If I remember correctly, Brian is a huge Pearl Jam fan.

#9 billdore

billdore

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:56 PM

yeah, how as Brian not commented in this thread with multiple !!!

#10 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,440 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:36 AM

Great memory!

I want this damn thing more than I have ever wanted anything!  I have never joined the vault, and still find it a little steep for what you get in this package, but I know this recording is epic.  I mean, Pearl Jam IN Jack's house?!

Anyone else in on this?

#11 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:51 PM

I've bern in since day one, and I'm still in for this!

#12 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:22 PM

hahaha, oh wait - they're serious?  sweet!  that so saves me some much needed denero.  I have hated PJ since before time began - so outtie on this one haha

#13 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:13 AM

Never really listened to PJ and I was going to cancel for this one but didn't do it in time.

Could be a good start to trying to get into them, if not a friend said she knows a big fan of the band so I could shift it on and recoup my money.

#14 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:20 PM

spastic.jerk -

You've got so much hate in you.  You can't just be indifferent to something, you must hate it.  Hate, hate, diddly hate.

I do believe you are what kids today refer to as a "hater". :lol:

;)

(I am not a Pearl Jam fan, BTW.)

Edited by J.C., 27 July 2016 - 04:24 PM.

#15 jamos

jamos

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 05:16 AM

Received vault 29 in Germany yesterday - beautiful package, the LP artwork is cool and the photo book is high quality. I like how they send us a little paper slip with the description of the vault package (even though last time round the description was somewhat wrong - or did anyone find "I asked for water" on their Acoustic in Idaho LP?). The pin and badge are nice even though I wonder what I should do with them. The 7'' is fun, I like the song and it's cool that you can read the lyrics in one of the photos in the book. Might just be me, but I think this must be the best-sounding song recorded in the TMR recording booth so far. The LP has a nice tight sound to it and even though I'm not much of a PJ fan, I like what I'm hearing. The one song that Jack plays on (Of the Earth) naturally sticks out and it's probably the one I will go back to the most. Last bit of info: since this is a regular package and not a boxset like the last time around, there is no pizza-box this time. Still, my LP arrived in perfect condition which was a nice surprise considering the long way this thing had to travel to get to me...

Edited by jamos, 04 September 2016 - 05:18 AM.

#16 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:30 AM

I still wonder what I should do with some of the extras in this Vault package or that Vault package. I've given some stuff away and might do the same with the patch in this one. Definitely agree with you, though, this package is beautiful.  Fan or not, I can't understand anyone not grasping Pearl Jam's place in music history. I love what Blackwell wrote about them in the photo book. I think this is my favorite of the non-Jack-related Vault packages.

#17 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 01:18 PM

I would like to say that this showed up a week ago Friday, two days after the shipping notice, and one day before I left for vacation, so I only had time to bring it home. Good job TMR. Good job FedEx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users