21 replies to this topic

#21 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,393 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:28 PM

I could not resist Jack White's face brooding at me from the "new books" shelf at the library, but "Citizen Jack" was garbage. It's full of annoying errors (incorrect song titles, dates), it's UK-centric (temperatures in Celsius, changing quotes to "arsehole"), the author awkwardly inserted himself into the narrative a few times, many other irritants. The author didn't even bother go to Wikipedia and make sure basic information like song titles were correct, then an editor okayed it, plus somebody else must have proofread it. I bet there are people on this website who could have written a more accurate book from memory. They should call that book "Citizen Jerk."

Edited by mittensonfire, 02 January 2017 - 05:31 PM.

#22 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,788 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:04 AM

I thought about buying it just from a "completist" standpoint and in case it might contain anything interesting that I hadn't already read/heard elsewhere, but then I skimmed through the excerpt on Google Preview and decided there was no way in hell I'd reward Nick Hasted with my money. Thanks for confirming that decision, Tim. Sorry you suffered for the benefit of the rest of us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users