32 replies to this topic

#1 Jack White Mini me!

Jack White Mini me!

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:20 AM

"After many years of performing in a multitude of configurations, Jack White is announcing that he will be taking a break from performing live for a long period of time. To cap off the Lazaretto world tour, and following his pair of headlining performances at Coachella, Jack will embark on a short acoustic tour of the only five states left in the U.S. that he has yet to play. The shows will be entirely acoustic and amplified only with ribbon microphones to the audience as well. Each special acoustic performance will be announced day of show at 8am local time. Tickets for these engagements are priced at $3 per ticket and will be limited to one ticket per person. All tickets will be sold at the venue door starting at 12pm local time on the day of the show – first come, first served and cash only. Stay tuned here and to @ThirdManRecords on Twitter for more information and show announcements."

How long is long Jack?  :unsure: 

Whoever gets to see the acoustic shows is lucky as f.... 

EDIT: also wasn't sure whether this belonged in the tour section or general section, so apologies if it's in the wrong place 

Edited by Jack White Mini me!, 14 April 2015 - 10:20 AM.

#2 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:29 AM

I posted it over in the General section a few moments ago. 

How long is long Jack?  :unsure: 

Might be selfish of me, but that was one of my first thoughts, too.  He's chosen a wonderful way to bring closure to his performing career, but I can't help but feel like I need to throw up.  Please, whatever gods are above, let him go off and explore some other creative endeavors and then come back and give us more shows.

#3 Action Boy!

Action Boy!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:33 AM

Good for jack. he's been touring his ass off consistently for a damn long time. he deserves the break, and i'm sure this wasn't a decision easy for him to come to. it'd be easy for me to get selfish about this, but i can't rightly do that.

#4 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:43 AM

I'm trying my damnedest not to be, but it's freaking hard. He's been saying recently that he wanted to explore other creative avenues like film, so this really shouldn't surprise us. But it's still a shock.

#5 camyorke

camyorke

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:45 AM

God damn it ... but, so glad I made the effort to see him twice recently in Brazil :)

#6 mylittlecreamsoda

mylittlecreamsoda

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:50 AM

Wow.  Especially on my salary I was wondering if I overdid it seeing him 3 times this year.  Really glad that I did though, as there was something special about each one.  Good for Jack, even if it's sad for us.

#7 elephant71

elephant71

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:53 AM

So what are the five states? i'm in Iowa and i know he hasn't played here.

#8 mongrel cat

mongrel cat

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:55 AM

although i know it's definitely a good idea to take a break - this announcement makes me very sad: i wasn't able to see him at all during the lazaretto-tour. he skipped berlin and even though i was up to travel to other european venues i couldn't make it. :(  i hoped, after all those fotos with the dead weather popped up, that they would re-united. oh well....   

massive envy to all those who are able to attend those last few shows!  ^_^

#9 Day Tripper

Day Tripper

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,729 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:59 AM

well I'm glad I don't get my life force from watching Jack perform, though I would LOVE to see one of those acoustic shows.  Indiana?  Perhaps?  Boyfriend is in Bloomington :) 

#10 kluczmen

kluczmen

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:03 AM

it may indicate that TDW album shall be postponed aswell, they were suposed to do a tour after kills album but it takes longer to make than last metallica record  

#11 Action Boy!

Action Boy!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:06 AM

its a little bit of a bummer knowing for certain that these shows wont happen in Detroit, ha.

#12 laurelei

laurelei

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:07 AM

I'm trying my damnedest not to be, but it's freaking hard. He's been saying recently that he wanted to explore other creative avenues like film, so this really shouldn't surprise us. But it's still a shock.

Jeez, if he did some films  the fangirl in me would squee with delight- but nothing close to seeing him right there, up close and personal.. I can't imagine the endurance this man has- looking back over his tour schedule makes me think of him as somewhat superhuman..

#13 bluesy

bluesy

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:11 AM

hmmm, now i'm thinking maybe he meant states he hasn't played in ever, not just solo. anyone know?

Edited by bluesy, 14 April 2015 - 11:50 AM.

#14 mongrel cat

mongrel cat

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:18 AM

it may indicate that TDW album shall be postponed aswell, they were suposed to do a tour after kills album but it takes longer to make than last metallica record  

hmmm, the statement says he's taking a break from performing - a third album could happen during the hiatus.  

Edited by mongrel cat, 14 April 2015 - 11:18 AM.

#15 Nogard

Nogard

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:24 AM

I think I smell a future Vault package

#16 Candeechild

Candeechild

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:14 PM

He needs this break desperately so I'm happy about that. He's been overly stressed out for a long time now, it shows in his face and eyes...Hopefully he will get the rest he deserves. :)

Edited by Candeechild, 14 April 2015 - 12:15 PM.

#17 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:22 PM

Really crap news but the man deserves a break. I reckon he'll be back with The Racs in a few years.

#18 laurelei

laurelei

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:29 PM

I betchya he wants to do some serious traveling with his wee ones....

#19 Twist of Denial

Twist of Denial

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:06 PM

I know taking a break from touring doesn't mean taking a break from music…. 

but I've got a bad feeling about this when it comes to new music coming out for a while (aside from the Dead Weather album already on tap).  

#20 Jack White Mini me!

Jack White Mini me!

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:21 PM

I posted it over in the General section a few moments ago. 

Might be selfish of me, but that was one of my first thoughts, too.  He's chosen a wonderful way to bring closure to his performing career, but I can't help but feel like I need to throw up.  Please, whatever gods are above, let him go off and explore some other creative endeavors and then come back and give us more shows.

I feel quite selfish saying it too, he does massively deserve a very long break. I just hope that's what it'll be and he doesn't stop touring completely 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users