54 replies to this topic

#41 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:32 PM

well, this video was fun. can't wait for all the animated GIFs that it will breed. Jack playing air violin is my favorite part. I was watching the main video and hit 3 when they said violin and I howled.

#42 steadyasshegoes

steadyasshegoes

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:28 PM

I'm gonna hassle my local alternative rock radio station (The Peak) to play TBBL.  They didn't play WYFFML, and it'd be nice if they played at least two songs off the current album (this and Lazaretto, which was in fairly heavy rotation a while back).  I mean, heck, they did a "Check This Out" for High Ball Stepper (which was probably a little too raw for their format) and Just One Drink (probably too retro-sounding), so I don't know why they can't do one for TBBL.  This is a song that deserves to be out there, for all to hear.

ETA:  The Zone, out of Victoria, BC, already has it in rotation.

I would LOVE to see Black Bat get heavy rotation. It's got enough hip hop blood in it to be able to stand aside a lot of the other popular stuff out there, and Jack deserves it. Sometimes its very weird to think that to the general public who only listens to top 40, Jack White hasn't even made his debut yet

#43 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:53 PM

Maybe it's just me, but at the end of the video (Jack's version) where he is laying flat by the window reminds me of the intro to Citizen Kane...

Also if you want to watch all three videos simultaneously here is a link to that.

http://media.smecde....at_mp4_1500.mp4 (link works better with Safari)

Edited by matthewvh, 18 February 2015 - 07:54 PM.

#44 Jamilia

Jamilia

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:30 PM

^^Thanks, Matthew!

#45 Melly

Melly

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:08 PM

Oh man, I really need to believe that it's Jack dancing around in the mask.  It would, just, make my world a better place.

What a cool idea for a video.  Tripped out seeing Swank.  He looks soooooooooo much different than I remember him the last time I saw him.

And air violin?  Jack looked like he was just having SO much fun, which was great.

#46 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:19 PM

Maybe it's just me, but at the end of the video (Jack's version) where he is laying flat by the window reminds me of the intro to Citizen Kane...

Also if you want to watch all three videos simultaneously here is a link to that.

http://media.smecde....at_mp4_1500.mp4 (link works better with Safari)

Not gonna lie, watching them that way ^^ is more my cup of tea than hitting buttons to create my own video. Just give it all to me at once and let me choose where to point my eyes.

You made me pull up Citizen Kane on YouTube to watch the intro again. Bit of a similarity, but only a bit.

And, damn, Angelina's got great hair for headbanging.

#47 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:08 AM

thankhew, matthew!

Sometimes its very weird to think that to the general public who only listens to top 40, Jack White hasn't even made his debut yet

very true

#48 ariabee

ariabee

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:15 AM

Thank you for that link Matthew, was good to see all three at one time. The air violin also cracked me up!

#49 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:08 AM

I watched each video individually, then messed around. I need to mess around with it more tomorrow haha.

#50 candy*andylusian

candy*andylusian

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:59 AM

Loved watching all three videos at the same time! Thanks for that! Love this so much. TBBL is my favorite track off Lazaretto, and I hoped it would get a worthy video. The air violin made it for me! haha And yes, the gifs are all over Tumblr. Bless. 

tumblr_nk14dh3vJc1s0jjy6o3_400.gif

#51 angelos

angelos

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,009 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 04:08 AM

Loved watching all three videos at the same time! Thanks for that! Love this so much. TBBL is my favorite track off Lazaretto, and I hoped it would get a worthy video. The air violin made it for me! haha And yes, the gifs are all over Tumblr. Bless. 

tumblr_nk14dh3vJc1s0jjy6o3_400.gif

Let us remember the air violin!

#52 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:25 AM

I like you, angelos :)    That ^^ and the hand-swipe tongue move from Freedom at 21 are definitely two of Jack's most brilliant video moments.  Let's enjoy both together, shall we?

tumblr_m79bw7m0lK1rtxen9o1_500.gif

#53 angelos

angelos

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,009 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:30 AM

I like you, angelos :)    That ^^ and the hand-swipe tongue move from Freedom at 21 are definitely two of Jack's most brilliant video moments.  Let's enjoy both together, shall we?

:) Sex Pistols Jack 

#54 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:35 AM

I never thought of it that way. Huh.

Think I'm just gonna leave this page up on my computer all day today.

#55 angelos

angelos

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,009 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:39 AM

I never thought of it that way. Huh.

Think I'm just gonna leave this page up on my computer all day today.

I prefer the Freedom at 21 to the Black Cat videos. Muscle cars, police, girl on the trunk of the car. Jack is a lucky fellow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users