72 replies to this topic

#41 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,439 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:46 AM

The Mike ep was fantastic. He had more dialogue in this episode than all his BrBa/Saul appearances combined!

#42 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,439 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:57 AM

Couple more episodes left... loving this show!  It's really holding it's own.  I wonder who the next Breaking Bad cameo will be.  There has to be one at least, in the remaining couple of episodes this season, I would think.

#43 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:35 AM

that would be cool. I keep wondering how far down the line they might introduce Gus Fring.

Jimmy has such a conscience. returning stolen money, not ripping off the elderly. waiting for him to break bad. patiently, no rush, keep the good stuff coming.

#44 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,439 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:03 AM

I agree! It's kind of nice seeing him have these morals!  We know it doesn't last but, I really like "Jimmy McGill".  But it sure is a fun ride watching him slowly transform into the bright colored suit wearing, Saul Goodman.

I think we took a step closer to Gus during the last episode when Mike visited the Vet asking for "work"...

#45 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,042 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:29 PM

That episode was so sad and Bob Odenkirk acted the hell out of it. It was almost painful to watch the betrayal and hurt wash over him. Fuck Chuck. 

#46 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,439 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:36 PM

Yeah, I had a feeling Chuck made the call to Hamlin.  Damn!  Maybe this is what starts Jimmie on the fast track to Saul Goodman?

#47 stripes42

stripes42

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:59 AM

he passed the bar exam-his brother should have recognized that achievement.  that's the real test, not what school you went to.   <_<

#48 mylittlecreamsoda

mylittlecreamsoda

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:05 PM

Fuck Chuck.

I also love what they've been doing with Mike in this show.  He was probably my favorite character in Breaking Bad; somehow I like him even more now.

#49 Action Boy!

Action Boy!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:32 PM

i've been enjoying this show and look forward to it. but theres always part of me wondering how much i'd enjoy it if breaking bad never existed, like if this were its own show standing on its own?

#50 xman

xman

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:12 PM

Chuck was so worried about what his brother would do with a law degree that he shut him out of a legitimate career opportunity at a completely legitimate firm when Jimmy was following all the rules.  So what Chuck probably did is drive Jimmy closer to the thing that he feared in the first place...Chuckles deserves to have three days of ice left.  If only Jimmy had taken the space blanket with him!

I like the show so far but I have to admit that I think I like it a bit more since it is peeling back the onion on the backstory of characters I already know.  But I'm fine with that.

#51 Maschine Man

Maschine Man

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,161 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:26 PM

i've been enjoying this show and look forward to it. but theres always part of me wondering how much i'd enjoy it if breaking bad never existed, like if this were its own show standing on its own?

Me too. I would like to think so. The stand alone show would have to have a flash forward episode (it kinda did) explaining the end of his story a bit better. From there I think it would hold my attention. 

Fuck Chuuuck. 

#52 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:56 AM

really happy with how this show is evolving, both in story and characters. and the actors all deliver.

#53 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,439 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:03 AM

Ah, I missed the finale last night and have it DVR'ed.  I sure hope it was amazing as the other 9 episodes!

#54 Lily

Lily

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:50 AM

I really enjoyed the finale.  

Spoiler

#55 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:59 AM

^ very observant!

Spoiler

#56 Action Boy!

Action Boy!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:17 AM

The show has been good but they really need to start upping the stakes. Breaking bad got so intense because it was constantly life or death. The stakes so far in this show has pretty much been....employment. Ha. And they've done fine with that. But now it's time to up the ante.

#57 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,439 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:58 AM

The finale didn't blow me away, but overall I loved season 1.  I was waiting for some real dark shit to kick in, as it did in Breaking Bad.  But I just don't think we are there yet.  I am really interested in seeing why Jimmy becomes Saul and what happens with his relationship with Kim.  She obviously is no where to be seen in Breaking Bad.

#58 Maschine Man

Maschine Man

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,161 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:08 AM

To be fair, I think there is a lot they can do and show when they hit the BrBa timeline. I wouldn't be surprised if Walt and Jesse are just a small fraction of what Saul is looking after (at least until the very end). 

I think this was a good first season. I expect it to get a bit more crazy next season, like some others in here are hoping. 

Ps. I asked a friend who hasn't seen BrBa, but is watching BCS, if she likes it. She loves it, even if some things need a little explaining. 

#59 stripes42

stripes42

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:32 AM

I'm curious about that relationship with Kim.  

I thought this season was pretty good, with terrific bits here and there.  although it really was all set-up for the real thing yet to come.  

Edited by stripes42, 09 April 2015 - 10:32 AM.

#60 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:23 PM

^better watch Saul

I'd say the new season is off to a bracing start!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users