Photo

November 14, 2014 - FRANKFURT, GERMANY (Alte Oper)

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,285 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:43 PM

Please post all reviews, setlists, photos, etc. in this thread only, please. Thanks and enjoy the show!

The setlist.fm widget for this show is in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

#2 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:18 PM

Whoa. Suzy Lee to start it off, and then Baby Blue, Instinct Blues, I Asked For Water (She Gave Me Gasoline)! I hope there's a recording of this!!

#3 goodmorningspider

goodmorningspider

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:42 PM

Damn, that's a bit of an epic setlist.

#4 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:51 PM

Ahh, Suzy Lee was replaced with Icky Thump, so I guess he didn't start off with it... But still, like you said, that is an epic setlist.

#5 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,697 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:51 PM

Baby Blue and I Asked For Water blow my mind, but what happened to Instinct Blues?

#6 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:20 PM

Just realized that was taken out. No sure what happened. Though if he did play it, there HAS to be a recording of it...

Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground: 

#7 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:33 PM

Three Women

Two things: One the story in the beginning... And two. His hair.

#8 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:35 PM

You'd like to run your hands through it, wouldn't you, Matt? ;)

#9 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,697 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:45 PM

I'm downloading so many things at the moment that I can't get that video to load. Someone remind me to check it out later 'cause I want to hear this story and see what's up with Jack's hair.

#10 stripes42

stripes42

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,863 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:57 PM

he's growing it out?!

#11 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:03 PM

^ I hope not! haha

He also played Entitlement

#12 Bierteufel

Bierteufel

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:03 AM

I was terrified yesterday, didn't expect jack to be such a moron. What was wrong with him?

#13 alistron1

alistron1

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:06 AM

In what way?

#14 Bierteufel

Bierteufel

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:52 AM

I'll write some details when i am back home but jack was aggressive,offensive, rude and bored. Lots of negative vibrations :-(

#15 alistron1

alistron1

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:10 AM

It's well known that he has his off days. He's only human and he's touring under really difficult circumstances.

#16 character

character

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:43 AM

in Frankfurt there are a lot of criminal people - and my biggest "enemy", so I didn't chose to go there even if I'm in Germany and even if it was jack White playing..for concert goers its always better to go to other countries than Germany.

was it all seates?

#17 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,697 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:53 AM

It's always interesting to hear that fans have had a negative experience, and then go to Jack's site and see photos of members of the band smiling like they're having the time of their lives.  Weird incongruity in how these things can be experienced.

#18 outlaw

outlaw

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 329 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:39 AM

He sang verses of Instinct Blues over the Ball and Biscuit/I asked for Water- Blues Jam.

Bierteufel is right, Jack was in a very bad mood and I almost expected him to walk out on us after three Songs. Like 2012 in Cologne it seems the audience was to quiet for Jack's taste and like that infamous 2012 New York show he let us know that.

In the silent break before the second riff during Lazareto an audience member screamed "Take your time Jack" and that set him off. He went to the mic, asked if somebody said "take your time" and just stood there like a stubborn child with arms folded and not doing anything, just stating "this is my Show motherfucker, not yours". Then to break the awkward situation in a comical way, the audience member said "take your time is over Jack" which didn't exactly go down well with him. He screamed "suck my dick motherfucker" and started to play in a fury.

For the rest of the Show he seemed bored and was kinda making fun of the audience (like this thing with his Hand at the mouth during his intro speech to Three Women), cutting the show short to just about 90 minutes (waiting for the encore included).

In the end he just thanked the first few rows and mumbled something about the rest I didn't quite get acoustically.

We got a few nice songs - especially Baby Blue and Sugar... - but the overall experience left a bad taste in my mouth. Only upside was meeting Scarlet Siren and another Little Roomer (I think, I didn't ask for her nickname) at the Show and the early entry worked just fine. 

It was in the end - as I feared before the show - also a matter with the venue. Half of the audience was seated and they - with a few exceptions - remained that way the whole show. But thats something Jack and his management could and should expect, and it's something you get for choosing the looks of a venue over it's ability to hold a Rock-Show.

#19 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,697 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:59 AM

Holy shit, I would've liked to have been there for that.  I understand how frustrating such experiences are for people who may only have the opportunity to see him once on a tour, even more so for international fans who wait years to see him, and I feel badly for you all.  That's not the sort of experience you went there for and it had to have put an awful damper on your enthusiasm. But shows like this can also be very, very interesting. Not pleasant, certainly, but fascinating, especially in the way he attacks the music in that sort of mood.  

Edited by Kali Durga, 15 November 2014 - 10:01 AM.

#20 character

character

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:44 AM

haha mr white is the greatest man in the world. and "suck my dick motherfucker" the best answer.

maybe he could shout that to my frankfurt enemy one day.

nice videos! entitlement so lovely  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users