Photo

September 17, 2014 - BOSTON, MA (The Bleacher Theater at Fenway Park)

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,285 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:50 PM

Please post all reviews, setlists, photos, etc. in this thread only, please. Thanks and enjoy the show!

The setlist.fm widget for this show is in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

#2 3brokenbricks3

3brokenbricks3

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:48 PM

Really good show tonight.  Jack seemed to be in a good mood and happy with the crowd.  Really fun to see him at Fenway.  Highlights for me: Ballad of Hollis Brown (Dylan), Ramblin Man (Hank), Black Bat Licorice, Blunderbuss.

#3 Blindwillie

Blindwillie

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:36 PM

Always great to see Jack and agreed, he was in a great mood tonight in a special place. The more I see Jack post whitestripes the more I miss those days.

#4 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:49 PM

Wow. So this looks cool.

#5 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:50 PM

Did something happen to Lillie Mae's eye?

#6 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:25 AM

Review: http://bostonherald...._at_fenway_park

#7 avard

avard

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:08 AM

How much fun was this????? It started off with each band member being introduced "baseball style". Batting third........etc etc. And they each exited through the door of the scoreboard of the GREEN MONSTER and strutted across the empty center to right field to the stage. jack. Of course was last, The Designated hitter, TheCaptain of third man records........it was a hoot.

Some people are going to be up in arms over his rant, Aka. The foo fighters....... The Dylan cover was LONG, coming out of Blunderbuss. I didn't know what it was until 3brokenbricks3 pointed it out above. Top yourself and steady as she goes we're also LONG and JAMMY.

We were on Ikey's side. Where jack visited and played ALOT of piano!!!!!!!! One point Ikey's glasses FLUNG off his head out a few feet on the stage, Such a frenzy he was whipping up.

Jack seemed a bit tired and road weary to me. Not to much FRANTIC jumping all over the place, and less of the Band leader mode verses BAND MEMBER mode, which was pretty cool. Bat black was loud and fun, I don't know all the words, And I think Jack took lots of liberties with the words as well. Bat black gibberish I think he sang a few times.

Thanks for the fun in Boston, Mr. White!!!!!

#8 avard

avard

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:11 AM

Some people around us were smoking some SERIOUSLY potent smelling Marijuana.

#9 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,796 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:19 AM

Aww, Ballad of Hollis Brown, wow!  Has he done that before?  That's one Dylan cover I don't remember hearing him do.  Hoping for audio!!

Yup, Lillie Mae has a patch over her eye.  Looks rather dashing, but hope she's OK.

Edited by Aquamarine, 18 September 2014 - 01:53 AM.

#10 mattman53

mattman53

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 306 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:57 AM

Great concert tonight, crowd was really into it. Jack was happy. Highlights for me: Cannon/Astro/John the Revelator on piano, absolutely killing Ball and Biscuit (as always), Steady as She Goes, Hello Operator. Beautiful night and a good Rolling Stone rant. So glad he didn't play sweet caroline.

#11 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,796 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:09 AM

Oh shit, he finally plays John the Revelator and I'm not there.   :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

#12 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:08 AM

More about this foo fighters rant please...

Edit: http://m.pitchfork.c...est-esque-rant/

Edited by Ak1nney, 18 September 2014 - 09:11 AM.

#13 candy*andylusian

candy*andylusian

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:51 AM

More about this foo fighters rant please...

Edit: http://m.pitchfork.c...est-esque-rant/

I listened to it. :( Maybe he should cut back on the champagne. 

#14 Day Tripper

Day Tripper

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,729 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:57 AM

Edited by Day Tripper, 12 February 2019 - 04:04 PM.

#15 dg36571

dg36571

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:36 AM

I usually agree with Jack on most things but not on his rant of the Foos. The was really unfair as Dave and the the band are extremely talented and care just as much about music as he does. If you haven;t check out the Sound City documentary you should and also the upcoming Sonic Highway's on HBO. I really don't think he was trashing them per se as he was just goofing around. I was always hoping for a Dave and Jack collab but I guess that will never happen now.

#16 stripes42

stripes42

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,863 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:58 AM

gawd i love him but why must he call out other musicians this way???  i don't understand.  

edit to add:  i really enjoyed that dan rather interview last night and was all jack-cited  (get it?) and then i wake up to this.  harrumph.  

(and that shout out to cleveland was a joke, right? :wacko: ) 

Edited by stripes42, 18 September 2014 - 11:59 AM.

#17 kluczmen

kluczmen

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:01 AM

I just looked up some recent Foos videos, and they actually hired next guitarist (so there's basically three of them, and one bass player), so I think this is what Jack reffered to, since they were a quartet

edit : just checked some of their 2012 shows they still played like that (I mean without any additions to the lineup)

Edited by kluczmen, 18 September 2014 - 11:04 AM.

#18 dg36571

dg36571

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:05 AM

They have always been a five member band. Pat smear left the band for a little while but now he is back. Pat was in Nirvana with Dave so they go way, way back. Hell Dave wrote and tracked all the instruments for the first Foo record and still writes all of the music. He is one of the good guys in rock and cares deeply about his fans and gives back all the time with free and secret shows. He is very much a lover of the old way of making music with analog tape and recording in garages. It's just really strange he would call them out of all groups.

I also don't care for the way he calls out other musicians. Let your music stand on its own there really isn't a need to call anyone else out.

Edited by dg36571, 18 September 2014 - 11:12 AM.

#19 Melly

Melly

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:15 AM

Wow. So this looks cool.

Watching that video has completely elevated Daru to ROCK GOD status for me.

#20 candy*andylusian

candy*andylusian

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:24 PM

They have always been a five member band. Pat smear left the band for a little while but now he is back. Pat was in Nirvana with Dave so they go way, way back. Hell Dave wrote and tracked all the instruments for the first Foo record and still writes all of the music. He is one of the good guys in rock and cares deeply about his fans and gives back all the time with free and secret shows. He is very much a lover of the old way of making music with analog tape and recording in garages. It's just really strange he would call them out of all groups.

I also don't care for the way he calls out other musicians. Let your music stand on its own there really isn't a need to call anyone else out.

Right. Dave Grohl is one of the single coolest people in the music industry. He's one of rock's biggest ambassadors. And passionate about music, and he's old school, which I would think Jack would appreciate. I'm really hoping his comment is an inside joke we don't get. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users