Photo

September 14, 2014 - COLUMBIA, MD (Merriweather Post Pavilion)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,285 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:01 PM

Please post all reviews, setlists, photos, etc. in this thread only, please. Thanks and enjoy the show!

The setlist.fm widget for this show is in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

#2 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,303 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:05 AM

Is there a broadcast tonight?

Have a wonderful show everyone !!!!!! :) :) :)

#3 ariabee

ariabee

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:08 PM

^ ditto! I wish every show was broadcast, but then I'd probably never leave the house on show nights! :D have a great time everybody!

#4 Renfield

Renfield

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:07 PM

FUCK THIS SHOW WAS AMAZING. I'M BOUND TO PACK IT UP TEASE > BLUNDERBUSS = ME ALMOST DEAD. I FOUGHT PIRANHAS ALMOST FINISHED THE JOB. FUCK.

Everything I love about music happened on that stage tonight & everything I love about people happened in the queue. Wonderful people. Wonderful show. Everything is just wonderful. Goddamn. GODDAMN.

#5 Jettkoral

Jettkoral

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 371 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:12 PM

How was Olivia Jean?

#6 Renfield

Renfield

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:26 PM

Doubt she won anyone over tonight but I thought she was good, if a little stilted & nervous. Didn't recognize anyone in her backing band but they were good too, seemed to enjoy playing he stuff. If she tours & loosens up she'll be a lot of fun to watch.

#7 shoebobs

shoebobs

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:41 PM

FUCK THIS SHOW WAS AMAZING. I'M BOUND TO PACK IT UP TEASE > BLUNDERBUSS = ME ALMOST DEAD. I FOUGHT PIRANHAS ALMOST FINISHED THE JOB. FUCK.

Everything I love about music happened on that stage tonight & everything I love about people happened in the queue. Wonderful people. Wonderful show. Everything is just wonderful. Goddamn. GODDAMN.

Love this.  I remember this feeling  :) Nothing like the post Jack White high.

Glad it was a good one

Edited by shoebobs, 14 September 2014 - 10:42 PM.

#8 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:08 AM

Yes, the Bound to Pack It Up tease had me clutching my heart!

The setlist does not do this show justice - most of the first set from Canon through Top Yourself was like the Kraken of music - all the tentacles of this massive beast swirling, twisting, creeping and slithering all around you in a seductive dance to the death - at least that's the way it felt to me! :D. So yeah, it was pretty fantastic.

There were definitely some equipment problems and at times the sound was a bit muddy (the trade off for being up front) but nothing to fuss about. The crowd was great & full of energy - lots of LR and Swirl folks representing. Daniel (getbehindmejack) was on the rail to my right and he was so exuberant and expressive with his arms it looked like he was providing the rock and roll ASL translation!

Did anyone else see Jack seriously striking a pose and mugging for the video camera? He was right in front of us and he held a pose for a good 15 seconds.

Did anyone catch what Jack said at the end? I only caught a few random words ( the crowd was truly deafening around me).

#9 Renfield

Renfield

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:13 AM

All I remember is that he said the effort we went to to see them wasn't lost on them, and that they love us. It was really sweet & heartfelt. Jack seemed to be in a very good mood last night, he was grinning quite a lot. Haven't seen him smile like that since Webster Hall in 2012.

Goddamn, I want a time machine so I can relive this show forever, it was so fantastic.

#10 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,716 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:09 AM

DC/Baltimore loves the hell out of Jack and does not refrain from showing it.  I knew when the crowd roared loud enough to shake the rafters just for Lalo's announcement that we were in for a good show and Jack kept grinning from ear-to-ear so he definitely felt it. I was so gratified by my hometown crowd, their response didn't surprise me but it still felt so good.  Like Renfield and jeejet mentioned, there were some notable moments (the extended Another Way To Die tease had me just as excited as the Bound To Pack It Up tease), but what was overwhelmingly memorable about this show was the EN-ER-GY between Jack and the crowd.  

#11 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:11 PM

I'll have to look at the setlist on the setlist.fm website, to see if any of those snippets/teases you guys mentioned are accounted for.

I'm glad Jack is in good spirits.  So, any comments about the ankle?  Was he bouncing around, treating it gingerly?  Do you think it's mostly recovered?

And Kali, you need to create a sign on a piece of paper asking him what that song he played in Paris ("exhaust in my mouth for days") was! :lol:

The photos section for this show has the wrong date (today) listed.

Edited by J.C., 15 September 2014 - 03:12 PM.

#12 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:47 PM

Washington Post review:

http://www.washingto...b762_story.html

(macwacky, fair warning.  There's a Meg diss in there.)

Edited by J.C., 15 September 2014 - 04:49 PM.

#13 Candeechild

Candeechild

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:21 PM

I saw the dis about Meg. How can they even have the nerve to compare Meg to Daru. Completely two different styles.

#14 Action Boy!

Action Boy!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:40 PM

reading that meg quote, that dude has no idea what the fuck he's talking about.

#15 avard

avard

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:54 PM

That aside, He ends saying 7NA was plucked out on a primitive acoustic guitar. I wasn't there, but Im a betting man that is pretty sure he didmtuse the salvation army acoustic but the mighty Kay. Geeez.

#16 Melly

Melly

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:56 PM

"a very replaceable cog"

Proof that the guy doesn't know his ass from his elbow.  

#17 bluesy

bluesy

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 389 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:05 PM

replaceable cog? lol. he obviously meant a replaceable android  <_<

#18 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:50 AM

Earthly events keep happening in the wake of a JW show. First the earthquake after the show in SF and then a meteor just a few minutes after the show at MPP!

I was standing in the parking lot and I looked up and saw what I thought was a single firework but it was actually a meteor!

#19 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:50 AM

Earthly/heavenly events keep happening in the wake of a JW show. First the earthquake after the show in SF and then a meteor just a few minutes after the show at MPP!

I was standing in the parking lot and I looked up and saw what I thought was a single firework but it was actually a meteor!

Edited by jeejet, 16 September 2014 - 08:51 AM.

#20 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,716 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:15 AM

In answer to J.C., Jack's ankle seems just fine. If I didn't know about the sprain, I wouldn't have a clue there'd ever been a problem with it.  And I'm pretty sure that the song in Paris was improvisational.  I have it on good authority that the unknown song the first night in Seattle, the one that blew us all away, was improvised on the spot. So Paris probably was, too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users