Photo

June 5, 2014 - CHARLOTTE, NC (The Fillmore)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,285 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

Please post all reviews, setlists, photos, etc. in this thread only, please. Thanks and enjoy the show!

#2 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:39 PM

why on setlist FM does it say he played Dead Leaves then the rest was an encore?

http://www.setlist.f...c-5bc027ec.html

#3 Sea Frog

Sea Frog

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:47 PM

Show was unbelievable.  My brother and I had early entry through TMR.  We had the best seats in the house.  At one point during the show he got up on the monitors and his guitar was about 3 feet from our faces (which were already melted).  Lots of experimentation in this show with (even some spy hunter thrown in during icky thump).  At the end of 7NA the drummer threw his sticks into the front row and both my brother and I came away with sticks and the memory of a lifetime!!!!!!

#4 Sea Frog

Sea Frog

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

Also, the setlist is missing "Sugar Never Tasted So Good"  It was played as well.

#5 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,697 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

Whoa, would be interesting to hear how that one's been updated.

#6 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,045 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

I got a recording of Sugar Never Tasted So Good from the Shreveport show. 

#7 Sea Frog

Sea Frog

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:26 PM

Here is the review.  It also mentions Sugar Never Tasted so Good in the article but left it off the set list.

http://clclt.com/the...llmore-6-5-2014

#8 mmshuster

mmshuster

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 489 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:08 PM

Show was incredible, the crowd energy was amazing. Beers were 24 dollars haha, I thought the guy serving it was joking but no it was real life. He asked y'all ever heard a fiddle in north carolina? Then Lilley hit a solo. He later said he had gone to see a baseball game (I forgot the Charlotte team name) he paused and said yeah they're pretty good. The guy next to me said they lost by 12 yesterday I thought it was funny. I forgot the song but Ikey was playing the piano backwards with his back to it getting a huge laugh and smile from Daru. Icky thump was insane. I had got kind of bored of Steady As She Goes and Sixteen Saltines but the two rocked harder than I've ever heard them. Dead Leaves delivered and to this day it might be my favorite Jack song. Just One Drink was incredible live I loved it. Temporary Ground was so well done as well. The only song I didn't know too well was rose with a broken neck but I had heard it a few times before it was a nice change of speeds throughout the show. The band just had such a full sound in person it was incredible. The band sounded very tight but the band seemed to be having a ton of fun perfoming. I had never seen Jack in person it was strange for the first few songs, I almost couldn't believe he was there he's always been someone I have admired musically and artistically so much a hero of sorts. 

#9 mmshuster

mmshuster

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 489 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:12 PM

I forgot about high ball stepper it was amazing, the crowd was way into making "the sound." Daru kills this live.I also met Daru he got a big kick out of me mentioning the Ruff Pack, he said Oh Woorrrrrrddd.

#10 mmshuster

mmshuster

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 489 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:19 PM

He dedicated goodnight irene to a girl from his childhood whose name was charlotte who was from NC

#11 suttree

suttree

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 349 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:39 PM

He dedicated goodnight irene to a girl from his childhood whose name was charlotte who was from NC

Ahh, now I get it. I only got about half of that so I was wondering what he was babbling about lol. I did get the last part, something like "so in a way I'm dedicating this song to you (the audience)"

Did anyone else notice the crazy eyes Daru gives Jack?

#12 Sea Frog

Sea Frog

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:34 PM

One last review

http://www.charlotte...ml#.U5ZgZF66TwI

#13 Sea Frog

Sea Frog

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:20 PM

Does anyone remember about two minutes of a solo where he covered Peter Gunn by Emerson Lake and Palmer? For some reason this is percolating in my memory bank.

#14 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,285 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

Don't Peter Gunn and Jack The Ripper sound pretty similar?

#15 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

Oh my gosh, yeah. Really similar

#16 Sea Frog

Sea Frog

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:18 PM

very similar indeed, and I'm almost 100% sure that tune was in the show.

#17 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:03 PM

Whoa, would be interesting to hear how that one's been updated.

I know this is almost two months since your post of this but I just found a video of Sugar Never Tasted So Good from this show:

#18 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,697 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:53 PM

Ah, very cool!  I swear, the way his voice sounded in the beginning of that, I kept expecting the camera to swing over and show Meg behind the drums.

#19 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:15 PM

I know, me too :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users