29 replies to this topic

#1 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,285 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:09 PM

Please post all reviews, setlists, photos, etc. in this thread only, please. Thanks and enjoy the show!

#2 Renfield

Renfield

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:08 AM

Set list was posted on SLFM: http://www.setlist.f...x-33c0d40d.html
Interesting sounding show if that's accurate.

#3 stay gold

stay gold

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:47 AM

She belongs to me.. Would be cool if it was played in its entirety, but probably just a snippet of the lyrics.

#4 Angelina79

Angelina79

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:38 AM

Oh shit! You Don't Know What Love Is! :wub:

#5 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,303 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:43 AM

If that's just an example of what he's playing this year, I'm gonna be a happy girl in Pittsburgh. Oh my ;)

#6 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,045 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:58 AM

Holy shit. I'm freaking out more over I'm Waiting For the Man. If he actually played it.

#7 DeathLetter

DeathLetter

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:26 AM

You Don't Know What Love Is!

That was another one on my full-band wishlist.

Now come on Jack, try Forever For Her...

#8 Katz

Katz

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:27 AM

Good God these setlists!! :wub: Where are the folks that went to this show? Details!  WAKE UP! WAKE UP!

#9 hardertobe

hardertobe

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:59 AM

Thank you, Jack White!

Such an amazing show.
He was happy, energetic, and put on a hell of a performance.

Cover medley was fun and included some of his thoughts on music and history.

So many songs and snippets with a lot of alternate lyrics.

Most thankful for a ripping Icky Thump.
Personally, most surprised by Pretty Good Looking.

Can't write m
More later.

Co

#10 hardertobe

hardertobe

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:00 AM

Setlist .fm is semi accurate but doesn't really capture everything or how it went down.

#11 Jettkoral

Jettkoral

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 371 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

VU COVER? :o

#12 Okudzhava

Okudzhava

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:50 AM

Whoa, She belongs to me...

eric-cartman.jpg

- way kewl you guyz.

Edited by Okudzhava, 31 May 2014 - 09:53 AM.

#13 Then_It_Rained

Then_It_Rained

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 243 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:08 AM

Hi all,

Cole Miner's Daughter, She Belongs to Me and I'm Waiting for My Man were done as medley after he talked about the shared history of all music in America and all around the world. "Isn't great to pay respect your mothers and fathers who came before you... whether it be 10 feet or 100 yrs". I actually can't remember if he began this speech before or after Cole Miner's daughter, I'm leaning toward after because he brought it back at the end of the medley and then lead into a full version of "We're Going To Be Friends"... the transition was fantastic. I'm Waiting for My Man was done with a country feel.

He started the show in a weird mood. He came out smoking with his head down; he seemed a little pissed off for the first two songs, a short "Hey Lubbock" before Just Two Drinks but I think by the 3rd song the crowd's energy was so high he was won over and the smiles started coming. Except for the new songs that people don't know, the crowd sang every song back to him. Lazaretto is SO fucking great live!!

Everyone knows the song and the energy is just insane! Everyone knows High Ball Stepper, too, by the way.. both at Cain's and Wild West, the crowd joined in the "Oooo OO OO... Oh Ooos", haha.

I looooove Alone in My Home... it's been going through my head since I got up. Adored it Cain's, adored it even more last night.

All the White Stripes songs he's been playing are killing me and totally destroy when he rips into them. Icky Thump is everything, holy shit... one of my favorite moments of both nights.

I didn't think he played Got Her in Your Pocket last night?? I see it on the set list but I only remember that at Cain's. Am I just not remembering that?? And if so, do I have a head injury??

The new arrangement for Top Yourself works really well live; that funky riff is hypnotic. For some reason he didn't do the "how are you gonna get that deep when you're daddy ain't around here to do it you" line last night!! He left us hangin' there, lol.

He gave some really gorgeous solos last night (& at Cains's!), including a long slow burner in between songs (eyes closed, expression alternating between smiles and pain) sometime during the main set.

Speaking of burning, he also lit up another cigarillo during (I believe) the encore; I kept smelling his cloves :).

So far the first two shows of the tour have been incredible but there was just something a little more extraordinary happening at Cain's.

I also just had a shitty crowd experience last night that with some lunatic trying to break through the front row to (I shit you not!) get Jack to sign something for her. She was fighting with the girl behind me and throwing herself full force into us at the front and ended up pounding me in my back and hitting me in the back of the head which just made me totally paranoid (she was still behind me for the rest of the show!) and ruined the entire end because that's when she got me in the head and I was turned around dealing with her and missed him throw the pick and take the bow. What the hell was that?!?!

Anyway, every one that can, go see him this tour. He is ON and doing powerful, interesting new things and the White Stripes songs he's bringing back are just more exciting than I can describe. Floor board, rattling good.

These were my two Jack shows and I'm ruined totally now for regular day-to-day life :).

I'm still recovering from 3 days with almost no sleep so I'll post more memories as they come.

Ok, back to bed!!

Edited by Then_It_Rained, 31 May 2014 - 10:37 AM.

#14 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

I have my doubts about Icky Thump, but would LOVE to hear a recording of it with this band.

#15 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,045 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:50 AM

Icky Thump was excellent live.

#16 Renfield

Renfield

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

Full band is the only way I could see that song working live, though it was fun to watch Jack bounce from synth to guitar frantically back in the Stripes days. Hope they play it in Pittsburgh, I bet it'd bring the house down.

#17 Then_It_Rained

Then_It_Rained

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 243 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:50 AM

A note about the venue - it really was like a country western bar with stage. It had two floors; the downstairs was pretty small and people were watching from the stair cases and at the second floor railing overlooking the downstairs from all four sides.

The stage was so tiny they couldn't keep Dominic's upright base on it; they had to bring it up when needed. Jack explained that to the crowd and then said and "and Dominic if I ever get a call at 3am in my hotel room telling me a thing like that.... (long pause)... you'll get a weekly raise in salary". :)

Edited by Then_It_Rained, 31 May 2014 - 11:52 AM.

#18 Renfield

Renfield

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:15 PM

Y'all got a gorgeous poster, ooooh: http://vidaamarelo.t...ost/87407893094

#19 Action Boy!

Action Boy!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:34 PM

dude....i wanna hear him doing Waiting For My Man so bad.

#20 kaputnik

kaputnik

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:19 PM

Great pics of Fats in the tour photo section.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users