549 replies to this topic

#41 mylittlecreamsoda

mylittlecreamsoda

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:51 PM

Anyone know much about Lubbock?  It's only about a 6 hour drive from me.  It's on a day that actually will probably work for me and there's just enough time that it's actually conceivable that I might be able to get a car by then and have enough money for a ticket and such.  I feel due for a proper road trip.

*Edit: Oh dear lord.  Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.  The venue's a bar.  This is happening.

Edited by mylittlecreamsoda, 07 April 2014 - 10:00 PM.

#42 carsoni4

carsoni4

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:05 PM

Man I am damn torn on which Detroit show to hit. The first show/second show dilemma rearing it's ugly head once again. I'm leaning towards the Fox show, because that will give me some rest before the Toronto show. But shows at the Masonic Temple are always fuckin' magic. Choices, choices. Anyone care to sway me? 

#43 Candyandylusian

Candyandylusian

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:33 PM

yes! the fox!  such a great bizarre jack white venue. there's one like it in atlanta and i think detroit.  i saw a great stripes show there.  once for a week i worked inside that ball hanging from the blue ceiling doing art glass repair. it's cast aluminum.  it can fit 11 people and it swings but at the time it was anchored to the balcony.  i can't wait.  i want to hear his guitar do what only his guitar can do! 

Holy crap. I am a huge fan of old movie palaces, and I haven't been to the Fox yet for some reason. I'm DROOLING. This is going to be amazing! Thanks for showing the video. That must've been quite a hair-raising job working on that chandelier!

#44 Conquest85

Conquest85

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:44 PM

Damn, couldn't squeeze a Minneapolis date in on July 22nd or before St. Louis? Looks like the Twin Cities is getting skipped again. I'm not really in a position to travel to Milwaukee.

#45 whyvaughn

whyvaughn

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

Man I am damn torn on which Detroit show to hit. The first show/second show dilemma rearing it's ugly head once again. I'm leaning towards the Fox show, because that will give me some rest before the Toronto show. But shows at the Masonic Temple are always fuckin' magic. Choices, choices. Anyone care to sway me? 

Dare I say....do both?! :-)

Carson! It's Yvonne - the Toronto "Reflektor". :-)

Very psyched for Jack's shows.

I'm contemplating Pittsburgh - Stage AE is an all right outdoor venue. we'll see. :-)

#46 mattmbh

mattmbh

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:49 AM

Damn, couldn't squeeze a Minneapolis date in on July 22nd or before St. Louis? Looks like the Twin Cities is getting skipped again. I'm not really in a position to travel to Milwaukee.

I'm with you in that sentiment, Minneapolis needs Jack to stop through!

Edited by mattmbh, 08 April 2014 - 12:52 AM.

#47 Siciro

Siciro

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:58 AM

So, just booked flights to London from Sweden.  And hotel. So Pre-sale better work.....not going to London to see Buckingham, thats for sure. No offense, dear Queen, but the King's in town.

#48 Scarlet Siren

Scarlet Siren

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:10 AM

Here we go again! :D 

#49 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:23 AM

So, just booked flights to London from Sweden.  And hotel. So Pre-sale better work.....not going to London to see Buckingham, thats for sure. No offense, dear Queen, but the King's in town.

Haha what a great post.

Edited by wsjack3, 08 April 2014 - 06:23 AM.

#50 7nationsoldier3

7nationsoldier3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,997 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:29 AM

I knew the rebuilt Saenger here in New Orleans would come in handy. Such a beautiful theater. Hope this Vault pre-sale goes well, been nervous about it since the announcement.
Refresh me on the issues with it last time around...site overload? I vaguely remember.

Edited by 7nationsoldier3, 08 April 2014 - 06:31 AM.

#51 Katz

Katz

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:49 AM

Thank you Jack for coming back to NOLA, and the Saenger at that! Gorgeous venue. Please let the ticket Gods shine down on me tomorrow. SO. EXCITED.

#52 carsoni4

carsoni4

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 459 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:33 AM

Hmmmm I'm wondering what seating setup the Fox is going to use. I know they sometimes remove those seats in the Orchestra Pit. Would be miiiiighty rockin' if they did that... Called the venue but they didn't have any idea and said they likely won't until just before tickets go on sale. I imagine the show at the Masonic Temple will be the same. Knowing Jack, I'm hopeful that the GA PIT setup will be in effect at both shows!

Edited by carsoni4, 08 April 2014 - 11:35 AM.

#53 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

^^ I've been debating about the Detroit shows because I assumed they'd be seated. So there's a chance they could be GA?

#54 carsoni4

carsoni4

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 459 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

Both theatres have "orchestra pits" right in front of the stage with a few hundred removable seats. So presumably those seats would be removed, a rockin GA pit would be put in its place, and the other thousand seats would stay the same. Jack has done this at numerous other theatres where I didn't even think removing seats was an option, so I'm cautiously optimistic! Love me a GA pit at at a theatre. The best of both worlds! People in seats can have a great spot that no one can interfere with, and people who wanna get up close and rock can do that too!

#55 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

I'm going to be trying for Pittsburgh tickets at the same time the Detroit shows go on sale (Michigan couldn't be central time, could it?), and I promised Frances I'd get one for her, too.  If the Fox turns out to have a general admission option, would any kind-hearted soul mind snagging an extra ticket GA for me? 

I think this might be the first time I've ever asked for that.  Feels weird.

#56 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,042 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

I'm so worried about this. For the first time ever there are 2 shows close to me, but I'm afraid I'll only be able to buy a ticket to 1 tomorrow. If I wait and buy a ticket for the other one during the general sale I'm afraid they will sell out before I get a chance. 

Edited by CaseOfThePunks, 08 April 2014 - 01:10 PM.

#57 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

Shaylee, if your choice is between Tulsa and something else, you gotta go for Tulsa.  I'm so upset that I can't make it to that show, please go so that you and Angie can experience it together again.

#58 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,042 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

That's the ticket I'm buying tomorrow. The other is Shreveport, which is 40min away from where my entire family lives so everything will be covered as far as room and food goes. I also haven't seen my family in a while. If I can make it to both shows it will be my first time to see more than 1 Jack show during the same tour. 

Edited by CaseOfThePunks, 08 April 2014 - 01:41 PM.

#59 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

I'll cross my fingers for you!

#60 laurelei

laurelei

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:21 PM

Amen!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users