#21 laurelei

laurelei

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

Fascinating! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazaretto

JW really needs to play the Lazaretto Ballroom in Pennsylvania! http://www.lazarettoballroom.com/

That is one thing I admire about Jack- all his references are so thought out and if you dig deep enough, applicable.. love it.

#22 bbug

bbug

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

woot woot!

#23 sunhouse

sunhouse

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,991 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

trying to imagine high ball stepper live.  that would be worth all this wait.  i love that video!  it's so, so moist! 

#24 outlaw

outlaw

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 325 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:23 PM

really excited for the album.

but the song reminds me very much of "i got mine" by the black keys. 

so maybe now they can accuse jack of ripping of in return.

#25 sunhouse

sunhouse

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,991 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

but but they're doing totally jack riffs.

#26 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

really excited for the album.

but the song reminds me very much of "i got mine" by the black keys. 

so maybe now they can accuse jack of ripping of in return.

I thought this but didn't dare mention it.

#27 outlaw

outlaw

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 325 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

thats what im sayin. its the next level of ripping of - ripping of a song that has yet to be written.

(answer to sunhouse)

if you dont see me postin here the next days, call my parents.

then i possibly got what i deserve for mentioning it.

Edited by outlaw, 01 April 2014 - 03:34 PM.

#28 sunhouse

sunhouse

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,991 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:32 PM

gosh, i hope there's no fisticuffs at the next pta meeting.

#29 getbehindmejack

getbehindmejack

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

That new "Fever" single is the worst excuse for a "bluesy" rock band I've ever heard. "High Ball Stepper" kicks the shit out of it. Fuck the 2014 version of the Black Keys. 

#30 carsoni4

carsoni4

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:00 PM

Moving on from the inevitable but still very quick diversion into Jack vs Black, I will say that I'm glad Ruby is on this record! Hope a lot of the Blunderbuss musicians stuck around, because by the end of the tour, both bands were sounding fucking fantastic.

#31 sunhouse

sunhouse

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,991 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

i like jack white mostly solo with maybe a simple primal drum backing.  i think excellent musicians detract from him.  and distract me.  he can fit in anywhere with anybody but i love the way he soars alone.  like elvis and scotty and bill. or the jimmy hendricks experience. or cream.  he does things with time and leaps of faith that make me gush like an idiot.  

#32 ymagirl

ymagirl

Icky Thump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

love this introductory tune- very 'Blues on Two Trees'. finally home & able to watch this video on a larger screen and HOLY COW- way to go Swank. obviously excited about all this, really glad to see next Vault is JW and only limited release that we'll see- very cool.

#33 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

Moving on from the inevitable but still very quick diversion into Jack vs Black, I will say that I'm glad Ruby is on this record! Hope a lot of the Blunderbuss musicians stuck around, because by the end of the tour, both bands were sounding fucking fantastic.

Brooke is on it I think. Sure I saw a tweet from her saying she was on it.

#34 Elixir_Sue

Elixir_Sue

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

Thixotropic fluids and chladni's figures are two of my favorite things, so I like the video.  The music is a little bit lean, so it might take me a while to get into. Still, glad to hear something is in the offing.

#35 DerSchubert

DerSchubert

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

Let's just hope it's not some sort of turned in April fools joke, because I really enjoy this new song after a few listenings  :D

#36 Action Boy!

Action Boy!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

everything about this looks and sounds awesome.  

high ball stepper has some seriously dirty guitar tones, which is greatly welcome.  i hope there is a lot of that on the album.

#37 goodmorningspider

goodmorningspider

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

well this is all a bit exciting.

#38 Maschine Man

Maschine Man

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,161 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:55 PM

It's nice to see an instrumental being released as a single. 

#39 whitestripesman

whitestripesman

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

My last name being Peleo-Lazar, i dig dig the new album title and most importantly the song!

#40 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

^^ I also love that our first taste is an instrumental.  I can't believe this thread is only two pages.  I just posted my saga over at the Vault, gonna be lazy and paste it here, too, while I go catch up on other threads and Facebook and everywhere else. (Oh, and fuck you, Verizon. Fuck you up one side and down the other)--

Around 11:30 this morning the internet connection where I work evaporated into the ether. About 2:00 or so, I must've had a premonition because I jokingly texted a friend and said “So, I have no interwebs today. Has Jack announced his record yet?” Her reply made my heart stop for a moment. I texted back “April Fool's joke?” She said nope, it was legit and my hands began shaking. Under normal circumstances, I hate the hell out of texting, but I spent the next three hours texting friends for information about the announcement. Only Jack could turn me into a texting fool, how funny is that. Finally left work at 5:30 and got in the car for the hour-plus commute home with Blunderbuss cranked at full volume. Sitting in traffic along the way, I watched three bright red cardinals flitting from one tree to another and thought “Silly birds, you're the wrong color now.” They should've been blue jays, family corvidae just like crows and magpies. Now I'm home and have High Ball Stepper playing over and over again, cranked high enough to cause my neighbors to do some high loud stepping on the floor above. Pardon my language but holy fucking hell, Jack, darlin'... That song and this announcement are the drug I've been waiting for ever since you said waaaaaaay back during the Blunderbuss tour that you couldn't wait to get back in the studio with the Buzzards and the Peacocks. Cemetery statuary and sternum-scraping guitar riffs, a book of lyrics and musical notation, a slick blue suit, and the knowledge that this is just the beginning. Thank you so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users