Photo

June 27, 2012 - COLOGNE, GERMANY (E-Werk)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,285 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

Please post all reviews, setlists, photos, etc. in this thread only, please. Thanks and enjoy the show!

#2 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,685 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

Awright, someone from the LR has got to be going to this show tonight. C'mon, we're gonna need the lowdown, the scoop, all the news that's fit to print and certainly any that's not ;)

#3 outlaw

outlaw

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 329 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

well, that was short. have to admit I'm a bit disappointed. just about 70 minutes. probably even less. main set lasted for about an hour, then a three-song encore.
you could tell, Jack wasn't pleased with the crowd and he even told us so.
apparently, for Jack, the applause and scremin for an encore were to quiet so that he came out again and first said in an ironical way "well, that sounded like you really wanted us to come out again." followed by "don'make us nickname you quiet-cologne after the gig. don't make us nickname you quiet-cologne."
right then I knew, it would be a short encore - and hopings for 7na (which I don't nedd to hear, I was longing for carolina drama) didn't even come up, as there was no kay in sight.
here's the setlist, first songs and last songs + encore are in order. rest could be a little mixed up. got lots of blunderbuss tonight.

edit: we got the girls

sixteen saltines
missing pieces
cannon (intro) -> dead leaves (first and last verse on piano)
love interruption
top yourself
i guess i should go to sleep
hypocratical kiss
weep themselves to sleep
hotel yorba
two against one
we're going to be friends
screwdriver (first verse sung) -> blue blood blues
ball and biscuit (alternative bluesy picked version) -> cannon (first verse sung) -> little room -> ball and biscuit

freedom at 21
steady as she goes
take me with you when you go

some nice surprises (little room), but all in all just too short in my opinion. so my mission to convert my springsteen-loving father into a jack-fan failed.instead he told me that jack was a wimp to end a show at a point where the boss still just is warmin up.

got two posters (european tour posters by rob jones (anyone wanna trade?)) and two tour-singles. hoped there would be a freedom at 21 tour-single, but there wasn't.

that's it from me.
good night

Edited by outlaw, 27 June 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#4 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,685 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

Ah, that's a shame. Looks like you got some treats, though, with those sung verses of Screwdriver and Cannon.

#5 2crazikids

2crazikids

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 384 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:04 AM

IDK... you got some real gems there. Little Room, sung verses of Screwdriver... Lucky.

#6 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,685 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

IDK... you got some real gems there. Little Room...

Whoa, stop the train!! How the heck did I not see that up there?? Was it the whole thing?? Was it just him singing and Carla pounding the drums??

Holey crap, I dunno what I would do if he launched into Little Room in the middle of another song. Lose my mind, piss my pants... anything could happen!

#7 TheHen0

TheHen0

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

I'm sorry, but 'Lil Room, Cannon (twice!) and Screwdriver?
I wouldn't be disappointed!

#8 Keeley

Keeley

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

well, that was short. have to admit I'm a bit disappointed. just about 70 minutes. probably even less. main set lasted for about an hour, then a three-song encore.
you could tell, Jack wasn't pleased with the crowd and he even told us so.
apparently, for Jack, the applause and scremin for an encore were to quiet so that he came out again and first said in an ironical way "well, that sounded like you really wanted us to come out again." followed by "don'make us nickname you quiet-cologne after the gig. don't make us nickname you quiet-cologne."
right then I knew, it would be a short encore - and hopings for 7na (which I don't nedd to hear, I was longing for carolina drama) didn't even come up, as there was no kay in sight.
here's the setlist, first songs and last songs + encore are in order. rest could be a little mixed up. got lots of blunderbuss tonight.

edit: we got the girls

sixteen saltines
missing pieces
cannon (intro) -> dead leaves (first and last verse on piano)
love interruption
top yourself
i guess i should go to sleep
hypocratical kiss
weep themselves to sleep
hotel yorba
two against one
we're going to be friends
screwdriver (first verse sung) -> blue blood blues
ball and biscuit (alternative bluesy picked version) -> cannon (first verse sung) -> little room -> ball and biscuit

freedom at 21
steady as she goes
take me with you when you go

some nice surprises (little room), but all in all just too short in my opinion. so my mission to convert my springsteen-loving father into a jack-fan failed.instead he told me that jack was a wimp to end a show at a point where the boss still just is warmin up.

got two posters (european tour posters by rob jones (anyone wanna trade?)) and two tour-singles. hoped there would be a freedom at 21 tour-single, but there wasn't.

that's it from me.
good night

"so my mission to convert my springsteen-loving father into a jack-fan failed.instead he told me that jack was a wimp to end a show at a point where the boss still just is warmin up."

HAHA- this is hilarious! I've seen the Boss a few times, and those shows are sooooo long, it's overkill. I read that he played a show in Madrid for 3h 48 mins! I'd take 70 mins of Jack, with that setlist, any day of the week over the Boss. (And I mean no disrespect to ole' Brucey though, love him!)

#9 outlaw

outlaw

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 329 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:12 AM

Whoa, stop the train!! How the heck did I not see that up there?? Was it the whole thing?? Was it just him singing and Carla pounding the drums??

Holey crap, I dunno what I would do if he launched into Little Room in the middle of another song. Lose my mind, piss my pants... anything could happen!

it was after cannon, jack strummin the strings faster and faster to get carla into the right speed and then he continued strummin while singin the whole song

#10 ugwnl

ugwnl

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

What number is your poster?

#11 Lenny0406

Lenny0406

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

Worst concert i've ever been to! Jack was in form, yes he was!!!, but the crowd was horrible. They did nothing! What did Jack asked us when he came back to the encore: "Hey, you don't want to get your new nickname quiet cologne?"

#12 2crazikids

2crazikids

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 384 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

it was after cannon, jack strummin the strings faster and faster to get carla into the right speed and then he continued strummin while singin the whole song

I wasn't even there and you got me to piss my pants... Are u freaking happy now??? Hmmmm?

#13 outlaw

outlaw

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 329 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:22 AM

What number is your poster?

175 and 176 from 221

#14 mongrel cat

mongrel cat

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:07 AM

Worst concert i've ever been to! Jack was in form, yes he was!!!, but the crowd was horrible. They did nothing! What did Jack asked us when he came back to the encore: "Hey, you don't want to get your new nickname quiet cologne?"

what a shame. :( i was very close getting on a train to attend cologne after the berlin show (which was fantastic).

#15 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,685 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

^^ You should have. If more folks like you and Lenny had been there, perhaps Cologne wouldn't have been so quiet, after all ;)

#16 mongrel cat

mongrel cat

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

i'm trying to go to hamburg! i need another show!!!

i was suppose to follow radiohead around in italy this and next week, that's why i didn't got tickets for jack's shows in cologne or hamburg in first place. but radiohead has postpoened the italian shows, so i hope i can see jack one more time!

Edited by mongrel cat, 29 June 2012 - 09:34 AM.

#17 Jelena

Jelena

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

I have to agree, the crowd was lame, but still a great concert. Seeing Jack play live was an experience I wont forget and would go to a concert again!!!
I also thought the show was very short.
Somewhere at the beginning he said something like "I have been to Cologne enough times to be able to call you my friends" and like only very little people responded to that, I dont know if they didnt understand him or what? But I can see why he was calling the audience quiet Cologne!

#18 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

Jo's photos are up at www.jackwhiteiii.com and there are some new items to purchase as well... have fun!!!

#19 outlaw

outlaw

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 329 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

nice video with screwdriver and little room:

#20 2crazikids

2crazikids

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 384 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

nice video with screwdriver and little room:

Um. I don't know what to say. I just saw this. Um. Um. Screwdriver to LR to B&B. How did you all come out alive?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users