Photo

May 22, 2012, NEW YORK, NY (Roseland Ballroom)

• Please log in to reply
301 replies to this topic

#1 Angelina79

Angelina79

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

Got in line at 715, & am 2nd in line. I was hoping to save a spot for Maya, who is 4' 11" and is teeny tiny, but there's someone in line that had a bad experience yesterday with someone getting in front of him so he won't let anyone in line save a spot for even 1 person. It's too bad because she's way too small to be able to see anything otherwise. :( The vibe of the line seems more tense and awkward to me than other lines I've waited in.

Anyone know of someone getting early entry for this show?

#2 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,796 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

I agree, especially as Mr Grumpy is totally exaggerating the bad experience he allegedly had. . ..

No, no word about anyone with early entry.

#3 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,796 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

Yes! Atrevino and friend have early entry, yay them!

#4 lunggwai

lunggwai

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

Not "letting" you save a spot for a friend? That's complete b.s.

Got in line at 715, & am 2nd in line. I was hoping to save a spot for Maya, who is 4' 11" and is teeny tiny, but there's someone in line that had a bad experience yesterday with someone getting in front of him so he won't let anyone in line save a spot for even 1 person. It's too bad because she's way too small to be able to see anything otherwise. :( The vibe of the line seems more tense and awkward to me than other lines I've waited in.

Anyone know of someone getting early entry for this show?

#5 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

Yeah, who made him King of the Line? Let her come up and stand your ground. She's so teeny she won't take up any space!

#6 blindboygrunt

blindboygrunt

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

I imagine it might be frowned upon for people to be looking for tickets on this forum, but if anyone does in fact have any extras for this evening (tuesday) at roseland, I would really appreciate it. PM me if so.
Thanks little roomers,
Alex P

#7 Angelina79

Angelina79

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

I know. We're going to try when she gets here, but if he raises a big stink and gets everyone in line riled up about a "line jumper" then I get to the front with 50+ pissed off people at my back. Ugh.

#8 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

Start fashioning a shiv now!

#9 Blindwillie

Blindwillie

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

Any word on doors?

#10 Angelina79

Angelina79

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:45 PM

7 pm is what I heard.

#11 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

The Alabama Shakes posted on Twitter that they go on at 8pm tonight. So 9:30 for Jack sounds about right. Must rush after final....I hope it's easy.....

#12 DougieZero

DougieZero

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

Honestly... "line jumpers" suck regardless if it's a great friend. I've waited in harsh conditions for long hours to get a good spot. If you want to wait until the last second and attempt to be third in line... well... you should be tarred and feathered.

#13 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

tarred and feathered... oh please ... wasnt you that went on about scalping tickets expensively?? you create problems

Edited by thee radical eclectic, 22 May 2012 - 05:02 PM.

#14 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,796 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

It's standard practice to hold one spot for a friend. That's happened at every show I've been at.

#15 Blindwillie

Blindwillie

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

Roxanne. Hope you make it. I think we met on line back at Irving Plaza. Have fun

#16 whatsername

whatsername

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

It's standard practice to hold one spot for a friend. That's happened at every show I've been at.

yeah, i always thought it was fine.i mean some people would be there but can't get off work or something. i never have a problem with one or two people showing up with someone already in line. just don't think a whole gaggle of your buddies are gonna suddenly step in front of me. not happening.

#17 itrainmonkeys

itrainmonkeys

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

This seems fair to me. There's nothing more annoying than a person holding a spot for 4 of their friends though. I hate being close to the front of a concert and having someone look back and wave a bunch of friends up to their "spot" even though they weren't there for the previous hour or two.

#18 DougieZero

DougieZero

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

There are a lot of unofficial concert rules. I usually let short people stand in front of me and I even let people behind swap the rail with me, so they can have a chance...

A centered rail spot is a prized possession... gaaahhh... you can walk up that little lip and rest against the rail with a complete unobstruced view. Your feet don't hurt at all. I've been through horrible festivals (any MI Fest veterans remember Ronnie Dunn?) to be up front... and it's worth it.

#19 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

I imagine it might be frowned upon for people to be looking for tickets on this forum, but if anyone does in fact have any extras for this evening (tuesday) at roseland, I would really appreciate it. PM me if so.
Thanks little roomers,
Alex P

There were tons of scalpelrs outside Roseland last night.

Jack is going on at 9:30 according to the Irving Plaza info line. I'm probably going to wait and go around 9.

#20 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,796 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

SOMEBODY IS MAKING ME HER EARLY ENTRY PLUS ONE!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users