Photo

May 21, 2012 - NEW YORK, NY (Roseland Ballroom)

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#41 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

it that true? did he sing hold on? .. just curious

No, but that is one of the funniest non-reviews I've ever read. :D

#42 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

wow.. i do love how these musicians are organically pulling their style into the sound and jack gets to further explore all the characters within his storytelling due to their willingness to go back and play old White Stripes numbers

Also jack is lookin fine in his new wardrobe and if i could do one thing it would be to add some epaulet straps to his jackets to hold that guitar strap in place... its an easy fix for the issue and they would actually fit the style of the jackets he has been wearing perfectly and will keep him from grabbing at the slipping strap repeatedly

What a shmohawk.

thats takin it to a whole new level...

#43 TheImportance

TheImportance

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

Anyone know why the show was delayed? Just curious.

#44 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

Was it delayed? I got there at about 9:15 and the Alabama Shakes were playing...Since doors were at 8 I would have expected them to go on around 9. I hope nothing is earlier tonight since I have a final exam and won't get there until probably 9:15 or so again tonight....eep.

#45 TheImportance

TheImportance

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

Tickets said doors at 8, but they let us in around 7:15. If you called the Roseland (or Irving Plaza? not sure), the set-times were originally going to be doors at 7, Alabama Shakes at 8-845 with Jack on around 9. You should give them a call to make sure!

Edited by TheImportance, 22 May 2012 - 01:38 PM.

#46 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

The printed tickets that I have from last night said doors were at 8....Not sure when it changed from 7 to 8 if you said they originally said it was 7, but it was at least before they printed the tickets. Livenation shows 8 for doors for tonight too.

#47 TheImportance

TheImportance

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

Well, the Sirius stream starts at 9, not sure if they streaming Alabama Shakes or going straight to Jack. Despite what the tickets said, doors opened at 715 last night. The guy handing out the 21+ wristbands said doors were going to open at 7.

Live Nation says they open at 7 too, but not sure if that means if they moved the set times up too.

#48 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

I believe you that the doors opened earlier. I'm just saying that they didn't shift the times of the bands at all. That was kept to 9/10:30 as it would have been if doors had opened at 8. So they didn't push anything back. Maybe they let people in early because of the weather or something. Who knows.

The Sirius thing is at 9:30 now according to the JW facebook.

#49 TheImportance

TheImportance

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

Eh, well whatever the case is, I find it odd that the set times for tonight are different and I'm pretty sure I heard some staff talking about a delay, but it could of been a case of them not knowing the actual set times (I wouldn't expect the bartenders to know anyway).

Irving Plaza says Shakes on from 815-9, Jack on from 930-1130

Edited by TheImportance, 22 May 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#50 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

Yeah, I'd say Jack will be on at 9:30 since that's when Sirius is broadcasting. I will rush through my final tonight!

#51 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

I spy Angelina. http://www.brooklynv...ite_play_3.html

#52 Conquest85

Conquest85

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

Is it just me or does Jack look a lot like Dexter Romweber from the early Flat Duo jets days in those pictures?

That CBS "review" was fucking hilarious. The writer was either really drunk/high or wasn't even there. How can you know the song "Hold On" and mistake the pale Jack for a black women?

#53 TheImportance

TheImportance

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

Yeah, I'd say Jack will be on at 9:30 since that's when Sirius is broadcasting. I will rush through my final tonight!

Best of luck! Hope it worked out. :)

#54 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

post moved to may 22 thread :)

Edited by macwacky, 23 May 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#55 rileyf

rileyf

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

Awesome show. I was so fortunate as to have been at both, and I had an amazing time each night. Here's a video I took of "Seven Nation Army"

#56 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

Posted Image

The power trio (with Fats looking on). From Michael Jurick-- https://www.facebook...00893181&type=3 I chatted with him from across the barrier between Alabama Shakes and Jack's set and told him to watch for the interaction between Jack and Daru. He was like a kid in a candy store over the color scheme and details of everything on the stage, it was very cool to see a pro photog having so much fun.

#57 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

Posted Image

i must say it is quite the professional image... i dont think i have mentioned how much i like the draping applied to the back drop yet

as for the image of jack and daru and dominic... its quintessential to understanding how closely those guys are even breathing in time

whew... ok... thats just intense and if i see a close up of that exact show i might start to sweat along with them

i brought this link over to share from the good people at whiteswirl so you folks wouldnt miss it http://www.whiteswir...=117909#p117909

#58 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

Jo's photos from Monday are up. Helen, you and I have been caught on the rail yet again (along from someone else from the LR, I do believe).

The very last shot also captured Monya's 9 yr old grandson, Liam, who is a huge Jack fan and was there for his very first concert ever. If anyone deserved early entry that day, it was him :)

Edited by Kali Durga, 23 May 2012 - 08:55 PM.

#59 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

Dang, my iPad won't let me download the pics, I'll just have to imagine (till I get home) how moronic I looked this time . . .

#60 avard

avard

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:50 PM

if that look is MORONIC sign me THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! ask Tam sometime about the rusty steaknife and its ominously close disappearance into BARBAR'S LEG!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users