Photo

May 21, 2012 - NEW YORK, NY (Roseland Ballroom)

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#1 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,284 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

Please post all reviews, setlists, photos, etc. in this thread only, please. Thanks and enjoy the show!

#2 surfny1

surfny1

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

Anyone have a guess on what time Jack will start his set?

#3 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

definitely read that the show was delayed by one hour from a moderator at the White Swirl... probably 150 lined up by now and people are getting some rain on their heads from what i understand... early entry was announced as well but thats about all i know right now

#4 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

Not sure how true that is. I was just texting Angie and she said everyone is inside....Now I don't know if I should wait to go to the venue or not....

#5 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

Not sure how true that is. I was just texting Angie and she said everyone is inside....Now I don't know if I should wait to go to the venue or not....

i would wait no longer... get thee to the venue

#6 Renfield

Renfield

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

Boys tonight, we're in the encore break now. Blunderbuss followed by Ball & Biscuit almost killed me, SO DAMN GOOD.

#7 rachelise

rachelise

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:06 PM

I asked the music gods for THREE things:
1. The boys
2. Ball & Biscuit
3. Catch Hell Blues

Apparently they were listening to me!!

Very happy camper making her way home.

#8 Conquest85

Conquest85

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:18 PM

How did Catch Hell sound with the band? If hes playing that Death Letter can't be far away. (hopefully)

#9 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:24 PM

Killer show, and he looked like he was going for the acoustic at the end--but changed his mind, and no Irene. There goes that theory!

I just LOVE the interplay between Jack and Daru!!

I'm now nursing my cold while everyone swings from the chandeliers somewhere in honor of Avard's birthday.

#10 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:37 PM

He's just proving me wrong! :P

Fantabulous show!

#11 rachelise

rachelise

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

Catch Hell was still mostly about Jack and the guitar. It's one I never got to hear live, so I was pretty happy to have the opportunity.

I can't really remember the exact set list, but here is a list of songs that were played:

Dead Leaves
Missing Pieces
Sixteen Saltines
Trash Tongue Talker
Black Math
Two Against one
Hypocritical Kiss
I know That You Know
Top Yourself
Buffalo
Hello Operator
Weep Themselves to Sleep
Blunderbuss
Ball and Biscuit

Freedom at 21
Steady As She Goes
Take me with you
Catch Hell
7NA

I appreciated that it was a substantially different set list than Webster. I got to hear a bunch of things I hadn't heard yet. lots of fun. way past my bed time.

#12 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:54 PM

If hes playing that Death Letter can't be far away. (hopefully)

let us pray to the music god's since they seem to be granting wishes tonight :lol:

#13 jsteinb

jsteinb

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

Heres the poster for anyone interested:
Posted Image

Was nice meeting some of y'all. Hope to see some of you once again tomorrow!

#14 WhiteMoonTears

WhiteMoonTears

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:48 AM

let us pray to the music god's since they seem to be granting wishes tonight :lol:

I'll third that since "Death Letter" is number one on my all-time wish list. And we all know three is the magic number...

#15 avard

avard

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

Killer show, and he looked like he was going for the acoustic at the end--but changed his mind, and no Irene. There goes that theory!

I just LOVE the interplay between Jack and Daru!!

I'm now nursing my cold while everyone swings from the chandeliers somewhere in honor of Avard's birthday.

Avard stopped cold mid set. Catch hell birthday blues. Great show. Way to overcrowded. No chandelier swinging for moi. Love those wacky noodleings in between songs that come out of nowhere but end you up face first into the thick of the song. Go jack.

#16 noman

noman

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

That was possibly the best Jack White related concert I've ever been to. (The only White Stripes concert I ever attended was at Madison Square Garden which wasn't indicative of The White Stripes at their best). The Alabama Shakes were phenomenal. Seriously got my groove on to You Ain't Alone.

Jack's set started out strong but there were too many distractions going on in the midsection during Hypocritical Kiss. Apparently a fight broke out and everyone wanted to get a guy kicked out. Took me out of the concert for a while. But then Black Math came on and sweet Jesus I love that song and the new arrangement was pretty awesome (Hope the Sirius broadcast turns up somewhere). He then followed that with Hello Operator which is where the Buzzards shine, they own that song. Other highlights were of course Ball and Biscuit, Take Me With You When You Go (Jack walked over to Daru's drumset and sort of stepped on one of the sets or something like that, those two have great chemistry). Then Catch Hell Blues came on and all hell broke loose. I lost it. Ikey Owens added his personal touch to the song that I was not particularly fond of but the fiddle player seemed amused. Crowd started clapping during the last verse of You Know That I know and Jack smiled and said "Ok then." No We're Going To Be Friends or Hotel Yorba, I'm not complaining. My one complaint is that we didn't get Goodnight Irene but hopefully we'll get it tomorrow.

Edited by noman, 22 May 2012 - 01:32 AM.

#17 TheImportance

TheImportance

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:21 AM

Never had the opportunity to see Mr. White live before tonight... Needless to say, this is in my top five all time favorite concerts. :)

How did Catch Hell sound with the band? If hes playing that Death Letter can't be far away. (hopefully)

I really thought it was gonna be Death Letter when he brought out that guitar. I'm not complaining though, Catch Hell Blues DESTROYED. Never been one of my favorite Stripes songs, but fuck does it sounds amazing live!

#18 Monkhey

Monkhey

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:40 AM

Amazing show, I've seen all of his bands live and this is up there. Sooo hot and crowded lol, someone behind me actually passed out right before Jack came on. Poor fella :wacko:, Black Math got everyone crazyyyyy. It sounds amazing in that arrangement. I was surprised he played Catch Hell Blues and Steady As She Goes. But, they sounded excellent.

Edited by Monkhey, 22 May 2012 - 01:40 AM.

#19 atrevino

atrevino

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:21 AM

Which band did he play with?

We're on our way to the metro now to get to our bus!

#20 Guest_cmelo_*

Guest_cmelo_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

Boys tonight, we're in the encore break now. Blunderbuss followed by Ball & Biscuit almost killed me, SO DAMN GOOD.

Heyyy!!! And *wow*, that would kill me too. Jeez. So happy for you!

Killer show, and he looked like he was going for the acoustic at the end--but changed his mind, and no Irene. There goes that theory! I just LOVE the interplay between Jack and Daru!! I'm now nursing my cold while everyone swings from the chandeliers somewhere in honor of Avard's birthday.

And sooo happy for you too that you made it through your cold and the rain!!

Show sounds amazing. (And good God, what a poster....!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users