253 replies to this topic

#21 Monkhey

Monkhey

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

My hope is that if I'm going to both NYC shows, I'll get to see both bands!

I'm only going to the May 21st show at Roseland.

#22 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

im into the buzzards... they are loving what they are doin... the peacocks look to be in various throws of suffering if you ask me... not sure what it is but it looks that way ... besides... the male peacocks are the ones with all the flash and attitude... no offense ladies ... yiou are all gifted

Edited by thee radical eclectic, 20 April 2012 - 02:58 PM.

#23 Action Boy!

Action Boy!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

i'd obviously love to see both. and normally im a strong advocate of seeing women excel in a man's world. but from what very little i've seen of live performances, im quite taken by the energy of the male band.

#24 whatsername

whatsername

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

i don't really know which i'd prefer. hoping to see both in Nashville. i would think he'd want to use a different band each night. but I asked him in a vault chat if it's safe to assume two nights in one city would see each band, and he of course said something like "no it's not safe"... in hindsight it was a dumb question. should've known i'd get that answer, heh.

#25 skullfeast

skullfeast

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

I LOVE Carla Azar, I was lucky to see her at Jack's Tulsa show. So I would really like to see the guys play. I hope he adds more US dates, non-festival shows.

*I was looking at his tour dates, he is all over the place! Looks pretty tough...

Edited by skullfeast, 20 April 2012 - 05:07 PM.

#26 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

Nothin but love for Carla and all the Peacock artists... Lillie and Ruby are exceptional in their own rights along with all the others... but this is true

i'd obviously love to see both. and normally im a strong advocate of seeing women excel in a man's world. but from what very little i've seen of live performances, im quite taken by the energy of the male band.

i have definitely seen them both as a result of being in Chattanooga and in Memphis (most phenomenal show to date as far as i can gather on reviews) but the Buzzards throw down this wall of energy for jack to just revel around in something fierce to the degree which can be compared in the simple detail that i noticed where jack was ready willing and wanting to thrash surge hop and skip to the Peacocks Sixteen Salteens that he played with the ladies in Germany but i dont it never really got primed for such action... i think he didnt throw it down quite like SNL which killed it

Edited by thee radical eclectic, 20 April 2012 - 06:47 PM.

#27 WhiteBloodCells35

WhiteBloodCells35

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

Males... because I'm sexist.

jk

#28 Monkhey

Monkhey

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

jk

lmaooo, It would be pretty sick if he used both bands in each concert.

#29 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

jk

thats just your foxy shazaam showing

#30 Mishoko

Mishoko

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

seen both in one show, and was blown away at how much sexier the female band sounds. Props to the male band too and their kick arse spot on instrumentation. But defo the girls are delivering huge quantities of loveliness on the stage. Boys are precise and off the hook too. Hard to choose really !

#31 ymagirl

ymagirl

Icky Thump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

boys~

#32 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,187 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

We're gett'in both in Detroit ;) , so wishful thinking. But I must say that I agree with you. From what I saw the guys are the shit, except that woman drummer is rock'in it and Id love to watch her play. So for Detroit, we're getting both.

#33 Little Jellybee

Little Jellybee

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

the girls win

i love ruby.
can't tell if carla is great because i'm not a drummer :/
but i like brooke
and love the fiddle player's hair do & dress (unfortunately you can't hear her that much)
.. and the charm that comes with the pregnant bass lady.

the guys are nice though.

Edited by Little Jellybee, 21 April 2012 - 09:00 AM.

#34 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

the girls win

i love ruby.
can't tell if carla is great because i'm not a drummer :/
but i like brooke
and love the fiddle player's hair do & dress (unfortunately you can't hear her that much)
.. and the charm that comes with the pregnant bass lady.

the guys are nice though.

So what you're saying is that you like looking at the female band? :lol:

#35 jokrogel

jokrogel

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

Somehow I'd like to see the female band because I believe there's a bigger chance of hearing Carolina Drama and Love Interruption from them. But I would also like to see the guys. You lucky bastards who will be able too see them both. I believe he will let both bands play one night if he plays two shows in a row. Perhaps the gals will play Roskilde because the pedal steel player is from Denmark.

#36 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,788 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

Wonder if he'd ever do Love Interruption with the guys... The Los Buzzardos fiddle player's got quite a falsetto.

#37 2crazikids

2crazikids

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 384 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

Somehow I'd like to see the female band because I believe there's a bigger chance of hearing Carolina Drama and Love Interruption from them. But I would also like to see the guys. You lucky bastards who will be able too see them both. I believe he will let both bands play one night if he plays two shows in a row. Perhaps the gals will play Roskilde because the pedal steel player is from Denmark.

I HEARD the ladies and Jack practicing Carolina Drama when I had my ear to the garage door down at TMR after the listening party. IT HAS TO HAPPEN! It just has to

#38 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

We don't need a second vocal on Love Interruption. I hope Jack starts playing every original with both bands.

#39 Jujube

Jujube

Icky Thump

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 475 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

I have a girl crush on Ruby. No tickets though.

#40 goodmorningspider

goodmorningspider

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:00 AM

after hearing the album, i think i want to see Carla as much (if not more!) than Daru. i'll happily take either in London in June :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users