#241 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:53 PM

New page...

Edited by J.C., 03 September 2015 - 04:54 PM.

#242 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:54 PM

You got a problem with women who swear like sailors, hmmmmmm...?

:lol:

No.  Not really.  It just surprised me.  She seemed so sweet and innocent (well, cigarette smoking aside).

Edited by J.C., 03 September 2015 - 04:54 PM.

#243 FernandoDANTE

FernandoDANTE

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:21 PM

Does Lillie Mae always swear like a sailor?

She swore every now and then, but she was super cool. I didn't even notice the swearing thing until I started transcribing.

For what it's worth, my interview with Lillie Mae is probably worth a standalone piece. It was really really cool talking to her.

#244 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:47 PM

Yeah, there need to be more video interviews with her out there. 

Gosh, you know, I wish I had some spectacularly interesting questions to ask you, but I'm drawing a blank right now.  Did you do the interviews in person, or over the phone?

#245 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:26 AM

^ That was going to be my question. I was also wondering how you got to do this... But I'm not sure if you'd want to spill those details out.

#246 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:53 AM

Thank you SO much, everyone. I'm really glad to see that it was so well received  =D

It took a lot of effort and time to get the piece done, but I think it was worth it. If you guys want to know anything about it, feel free to ask.

Thanks so much for doing this, it was a fascinating piece. I have nothing specific to ask, but I am interested in any details that you care to share--or out takes or a standalone Lillie Mae piece!

#247 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:38 AM

She swore every now and then, but she was super cool. I didn't even notice the swearing thing until I started transcribing.

For what it's worth, my interview with Lillie Mae is probably worth a standalone piece. It was really really cool talking to her.

Oh I bet. I'd love to be in some random dive bar and strike up a conversation with her about music and life. She seems so grounded and just amazing all around.

#248 FernandoDANTE

FernandoDANTE

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:33 PM

Yeah, there need to be more video interviews with her out there. 

Gosh, you know, I wish I had some spectacularly interesting questions to ask you, but I'm drawing a blank right now.  Did you do the interviews in person, or over the phone?

I spoke to Dominic and Fats in person. We were by the hotel pool. The whole thing almost seemed too cool to be true. Went from journalist to fan for a second, grabbed this pic:

https://instagram.co...y=fernandodante

Spoke to Daru Jones over Skype. He had his camera on, I didn't. I had a massive flu + fever at that point, and we spoke for about 30 minutes. Thank fuck I recorded the audio, because I couldn't even remember what we talked about afterwards. He did say "get well soon".

After many e-mails, I got a chance to speak to Lillie Mae over Skype. For about two hours, I believe. Honestly, coolest interview I've done so far. Super nice person, I hope she succeeds in whatever she gets her hands on.

I spoke to Ruby over e-mail, via 2 or 3 assistant's. Most of my questions to her were ignored.

Spoke to Cory over Facebook. Chill dude. He's the one who sent me that pic of him and Ikey. Honestly, I almost teared up, because that was his response to my question "got any cool stories about Ikey?" He did elaborate later, but that pic alone was powerful.

I tried reaching EVERYONE else, except for one person who was in the band for a very short amount of time. Some gave me a straight out "no" via an assistant, others didn't reply at all. Before I spoke to Lillie Mae, I was seriously bummed out I couldn't get more women in the piece. It sounded super weird that the former members weren't being too cooperative, but the current members indicated that there was no bad blood, no "firing" - people just had other shit to do. But I dunno... I still find it strange that some of them wanted nothing to do with the interview.

Edited by FernandoDANTE, 07 October 2015 - 08:39 PM.

#249 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:37 AM

great picture and an essential and thoroughly enjoyable series of interviews. What a thrill for you and thank you so much for sharing these.

#250 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:41 AM

Thanks for the behind-the-scenes details, Fernando, you definitely put a lot of effort into this and it was so very worthwhile.

#251 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:35 PM

Thanks for all the effort, Fernando.

#252 matthewvh

matthewvh

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:06 PM

Yes, thank you very much. You did an incredible job with these interviews!

#253 angelos

angelos

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,009 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:52 AM

Girls! Because i like girls!

#254 billdore

billdore

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:00 PM

Fernando,  I'm so glad you got to talk to Lillie Mae and that she was awesome.  Her family still lives in my area (they grew up in Galena, IL) and they had their first band up here, and her brother (Frank Carter) still plays around up here all the time.  Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users