#41 kluczmen

kluczmen

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

Jack Bruce? :o didnt knew he's performing
Just imagine that overhaul of two Jacks beating the shit out of their weapons of choice :o
geez sometimes I feel like I need to put my brain on hold

#42 jawkurt

jawkurt

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 483 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

I may need some help from a littleroomer. I live in the Chicago area, and really would love to take my wife to the memphis show thats been announced. Tickets go on sale this friday but there is a good chance I'll be on a plane on my way to a freelance job. Is there anyone that would be willing to purchase two tickets for me? I'm assuming it will sell out fast... otherwise I'd just do it when I landed. Please let me know. Thank you.

#43 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

^^ If you're around tomorrow, my suggestion would be to join the Vault as a Premium member (if you're not one already) and log on for the Vault pre-sale.

Edited by Kali Durga, 14 February 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#44 jawkurt

jawkurt

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 483 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

^^ If you're around tomorrow, my suggestion would be to join the Vault as a Premium member (if you're not one already) and log on for the Vault pre-sale.

I did not realize the Vault had presales. Are you sure its for this memphis show too? I've been wanting to join for awhile. I like all his bands but I favor the stripes. So I never joined in part because of the cost but partly because it seemed like the focus was more on the dead weather. Thanks for that suggestion. Thats very helpful.

#45 goodmorningspider

goodmorningspider

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

I did not realize the Vault had presales. Are you sure its for this memphis show too? I've been wanting to join for awhile. I like all his bands but I favor the stripes. So I never joined in part because of the cost but partly because it seemed like the focus was more on the dead weather. Thanks for that suggestion. Thats very helpful.

nah, there's no particular 'focus' of the Vault, but it's inevitable that whatever band is currently in action is going to have more Vault coverage. it'll likely be Jack-centric this year.

#46 jawkurt

jawkurt

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 483 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

nah, there's no particular 'focus' of the Vault, but it's inevitable that whatever band is currently in action is going to have more Vault coverage. it'll likely be Jack-centric this year.

Hey, I already had a basic membership. I upgraded to premium just now. I've been looking around and I don't see a presale section anywhere in the vault or the normal third man page. Can you point me in the right direction?

#47 jawkurt

jawkurt

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 483 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

Hey I found it. Thanks again. Are you going to the memphis show?

#48 acquiescefc

acquiescefc

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

Hey I found it.

deleted.. i found what i was looking for,as bono said.

Edited by acquiescefc, 14 February 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#49 unpleasantly_frazzled

unpleasantly_frazzled

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

meh i've decided i can't handle being in arkansas for another 4 weeks just to make it to the tulsa show. i'll hold out for a detroit date.

#50 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

Hey I found it. Thanks again.

You did? :huh:

#51 Angelina79

Angelina79

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:47 AM

So what's the deal with the presale? Is it on the vault, or is there a password to use on the regular ticket site? I tried to login to the vault and I just get an error. I know I've paid! I would hate to miss out on tickets. :(

Also, this seems competely ridiculous:

Absolutely no photos or video will be allowed during the show. ANYONE CAUGHT TAKING PHOTOS OR VIDEOS WILL BE EJECTED IMMEDIATELY. NO EXCEPTIONS.

I can completely understand no flash photography or cell phone photos, because the flash and/or the brightness of screens can be a distraction, but no photos at all? :(

Edited by Angelina79, 15 February 2012 - 01:50 AM.

#52 jokrogel

jokrogel

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:18 AM

So what's the deal with the presale? Is it on the vault, or is there a password to use on the regular ticket site? I tried to login to the vault and I just get an error. I know I've paid! I would hate to miss out on tickets. :(

"Absolutely no photos or video will be allowed during the show. ANYONE CAUGHT TAKING PHOTOS OR VIDEOS WILL BE EJECTED IMMEDIATELY. NO EXCEPTIONS".

I can completely understand no flash photography or cell phone photos, because the flash and/or the brightness of screens can be a distraction, but no photos at all? :(

I can somehow understand that. Perhaps they will record all the shows like Pearl Jam does and sell mp3, flac and cd-r of them? I doubt that they'll do it but I think it would be nice. I believe some shows will be future Vault packages as double vinyl and dvd's. I thought that I will be able to hear new songs on the Sunday after the first gig in Chattanooga on youtube but I guess not.

And what comes to pictures I think it's nice with own pictures from the show but there will be official/press photos of good quality on the internet anyway, so it's not that big of a deal. Personally I think non SLR cameras without lcd screen could be allowed, but I'm ok with these rules. This way everyone can enjoy the shows more. The people who'd film will see the performer for real all the time and not through his camera and the people behind the guy filming won't be disturbed by hands holding a camera.

If they release a dvd or blue-ray of a show, I do think it looks better without all those cell phone and camera screens in the audience. There's no mention about audio recording of these shows so that will probably be allowed. Hopefully good quality flac's will turn up on the internet soon after the first show...

Edited by jokrogel, 15 February 2012 - 04:26 AM.

#53 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:14 AM

This is Jack we're talking about. We all know how he feels about staring at people with black gadgets in their hands.

Try going to modlife.com/thewhitestripes and see if it'll let you log in without an error.

#54 jimd_md

jimd_md

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:16 AM

In case anyone has missed it, the presale is in the Vault under "Dispatches". There is a link to the presale and you have to set up a Crowdsurge account:

"A limited number of pre-sale tickets will be available to Vault members only starting Wednesday at 12 pm CST. These will be posted in a new section on the Vault site... Please use and bookmark this link for use Wed as there is not (yet) a navigation tab for tickets built into the Vault. Also, please ensure you are signed in to the Vault before you try to purchase tickets."

We are using a new Pre-sale partner for tickets, Crowdsurge. Here's is info from them about how ticket sales work through their site:

"We give fans 15 minutes to create their accounts (once tickets are safely in basket, being held for purchase), and then we reset the clock once they've created their account and are on the actual purchase page to complete the transaction.

If you want to for any reason, you can create an account before the Jack White sales begin: http://www.crowdsurg...?menu=custlogin"

Edited by jimd_md, 15 February 2012 - 07:17 AM.

#55 jokrogel

jokrogel

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:10 AM

I have bad experience of Crowdsurge. When I was trying to buy pre-sale tickets to Pearl Jam's Stockholm 2012 concert through PJ's fan club (Ten Club) the Crowdsurge page crashed after a few minutes and not many got pre-sale tickets. I was able to buy a seating ticket from the general sale.

Here's what they had to say:
http://www.pearljam....ans-crowd-surge
http://www.pearljam....pre-sale-update

I believe the demand for Pearl Jam tickets is higher than Jack White tickets and I believe there's more Ten Club members trying to get concert tickets to PJ's European shows (fans even travel from US to see them), than TMR Vault members trying to get pre-sale tickets to Jack White's US shows. I can't say for sure but I hope there won't be a similar problem.

#56 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:27 AM

I already created an account in anticipation of more pre-sales!

As far as no recording goes - those shows are happening over a month before the album drops and you know that lots of people would just record the whole show and then post them
In various Internet places. Jack and the record company are just trying to protect themselves. I don't have any problem with it - it would be nice to go to a show without a sea of cameras & phones being held up the entire time!

#57 jokrogel

jokrogel

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:44 AM

I already created an account in anticipation of more pre-sales!

As far as no recording goes - those shows are happening over a month before the album drops and you know that lots of people would just record the whole show and then post them
In various Internet places. Jack and the record company are just trying to protect themselves. I don't have any problem with it - it would be nice to go to a show without a sea of cameras & phones being held up the entire time!

I didn't read anything about audio recording being prohibited. Only photos and video. The concerts are a different thing than the album. I think good quality audio recordings will only boost album sales. There's no one who'll download a good quality recording of an early Jack White concert and say "no, I won't buy the album, I already have the bootleg shows in good quality". So I can't agree that Jack and the record companies are trying to protect themselves. I believe they just want to have a nice atmosphere at the concerts without multiple bright screens in the crowd.

#58 jokrogel

jokrogel

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

Angelina: where did you found that quote about no photos or videos?

#59 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:29 AM

I didn't read anything about audio recording being prohibited. Only photos and video. The concerts are a different thing than the album. I think good quality audio recordings will only boost album sales. There's no one who'll download a good quality recording of an early Jack White concert and say "no, I won't buy the album, I already have the bootleg shows in good quality". So I can't agree that Jack and the record companies are trying to protect themselves. I believe they just want to have a nice atmosphere at the concerts without multiple bright screens in the crowd.

I absolutely think that the no photo/video thing is because they don't want the surprise of the album ruined. Sure it may not keep people from buying the album, but it will ruin the whole anticipation and buildup of the album that they are trying to create. I hate no photo shows, but I understand why they do it since most cameras have video capability.

It doesn't say "no audio recording" because that's standard!

#60 Blindwillie

Blindwillie

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:02 AM

Ahh!!! Finally. Ill be trying to get tix to Memphis show today. Hope the site works. Anyone else going? Been a while since ive been on here. Nice to be back :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users