1526 replies to this topic

#41 Bust_Your_Brains_Out

Bust_Your_Brains_Out

Icky Thump

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 08:01 PM

you, and I'm assuming Liam Walsh is your brother?, are very talented. is that you on vox duty?
edit to add: i'm in two bands myself, both unnamed. one is with a bassist who occasionally plays keyboards and guitars, a drummer who we're teaching to play drums, and me on guitar and occasionally bass and maybe keyboards sometime.

the other one is just me and my feet and my hands playing a mean Drop D guitar and keeping the beat with a bass drum and a high hat with my feet. i just started this band 10 minutes ago.

i've heard of that first band
they are rubbish
however that drop d foot band is a personal favorite

#42 Guest_Howlin' Walsh_*

Guest_Howlin' Walsh_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2006 - 08:03 PM

you, and I'm assuming Liam Walsh is your brother?, are very talented. is that you on vox duty?

He is. Thank you. And, yes, that's me singing.

#43 Antimatter

Antimatter

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 08:06 PM

Has, anyone taken a listen at mine yet?

Yup..I think your awesome.

#44 wingedfeetxc

wingedfeetxc

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 08:55 PM

I really wanna start a band but I'm completly incompetent at guitar. Sigh. That's not gonna stop me but it just means I'll be pretty embarassing for awhile. I'm gonna get together this summer with a friend of mine who likes good music but doesn't play anything and I'm gonna try and get him to learn bass or something and maybe something will come out of it. I dunno.

#45 Guest_Guitar_Guru6916_*

Guest_Guitar_Guru6916_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2006 - 09:03 PM

no...

just kidding.

you know you're good.

Oh, Wilmeth. You prankster, you.

#46 remtone

remtone

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 09:07 PM

Larry And Da Lobsters...were a two man band consisting of a bass and i guitar and my ugly voice...were still lookin for a drummer

#47 thekiddrinkingfire

thekiddrinkingfire

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,198 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:15 AM

The Crazy Tape Machine
Yeah, feel the avant garde.

I feel the avant garde.

#48 peppermintpig

peppermintpig

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,126 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 02:50 PM

I'm in a band wit my best friend and our other frined on the drums. I sing and play guitar but Lesley does most of the writing.

www.myspace.com/deathglamdisaster

There's no songs up yet but as soon as exams are over there will be, we have them but just not got them recorded yet! The myspace was made while drunk but we let it stand pretty much unedited :)

#49 ZORRO!

ZORRO!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,202 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 04:48 PM

Yes, right now it's only 1 although I'm thinking about doing "solo" or something "gay" like that, can't sing for shit though.

#50 Zombie889

Zombie889

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 05:29 PM

The Abominables. we played our first concert 2 days ago, and our second yesterday. Being on stage is probably one of the most fun things ever. We have a myspace, but the music on there is not our best by far. One song is a Rush cover and the other is an original called Kool-Aid...it's a crowd pleaser too because everyone can sing along. The only lyrics are "kool-aid!" We have 5 originals so far and we play Time bomb by rancid and Another Journey by Train by the Cure. and we have a recording of our concerts so we'll have that up on the myspace soon and over the summer we'll record a full CD and sell it to people at our school. But we play punk-ish/ska-ish type stuff.

anyways, our myspace is here
http://www.myspace.com/abominables

#51 CandyStripeIvy

CandyStripeIvy

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:33 PM

my new bands called the Quails. were really really just in the "up and coming" stages, but its gonna be some rad shit.

http://www.myspace.com/quailsmusic

preview songs up tommorow.

#52 urMom

urMom

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:45 PM

as soon as i can sort of play guitar without completely sucking, i want to start a band. but i dont know anyone who plays anything. hmm...

#53 evie

evie

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:44 AM

My "band" now has a myspace! Although we havent actually put any music up yet and we have one freind, who thinks we're a drum and bass outfit. But yay!!

The Syllables equals us

ONE DAY WE'LL BE FAMOUS!

#54 Dr. G

Dr. G

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 02:00 PM

edit

Edited by Drgonzo91, 04 July 2006 - 07:06 AM.

#55 nofaithmed11

nofaithmed11

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 02:24 PM

I actually just started a new band. Well, it's kinda new. Originally, it was 4 people, a guitarist, a bassist, a keyboardist, and me on drums. My bass player informed me the other day that her work schedule for the whole summer was insane, and she didn't want to hold us back, so she decided to leave on good terms. My guitarist and I were freaking out because we didn't know what to do. We were going to have our keyboardist learn to play bass, but then something great happened. Our friends are in another band, and it's really only two of them (they only had a temporary drummer), and we talked with them, and we joined forces so to speak. So it will be 2 guitarists, a bassist, a keyboardist, and me on drums. Not only is that a full sound, but 4 of us can sing, so it's all good. We should have our first practice relatively soon.

Anyone have any good ideas for band names? I'm terrible at thinking of them.

#56 Dr. G

Dr. G

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 02:25 PM

Johnny Toes and the Bloated Nippledick

Or

Johnny Flavor and Furious Foreskin Five

Edited by Drgonzo91, 28 June 2006 - 02:25 PM.

#57 3Jack3

3Jack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 03:42 PM

R i M T

This is my "experimental" or "ambient industrial" project thing. Most of the stuff was done on Ableton Live with some VSTs here and there. It sounds best on high volumes. :)

NOISE

#58 Pyrope

Pyrope

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 04:24 PM

I've got a band called the Anti-Federalists. I play lead guitar, and sing some songs. Of the songs on our myspace, I sing backup only. Click the picture in my signature to go to the myspace.

#59 Guest_Hyland_*

Guest_Hyland_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:57 PM

I feel the avant garde.

Now we're signed with an album in Autumn. Oh yes folks.

#60 remtone

remtone

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 07:55 PM

i just formed a band like a couple weeks ago and were okay...not great but just okay....we call ourselves "hyper ballet"...i play guitar

http://vids.myspace....i...7699554&n=2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users