#281 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

Does anyone else really miss this band?

My hour long commute home from work today consisted of listening to the majority of their two albums. I hadn't listened to them in quite some time, and it felt very fresh and new, like hearing it again for the first time. Two albums simply isn't enough.

I love Brendan Benson. He has an insane vocal range and a knack for writing melodies unlike anyone else in the business. Those are his strengths. His weakness is in his live performance, which comes off nervous, and in his studio production, which typically comes off too polished. When he contributes his songs to the Raconteurs, Jack compensates for his weaknesses and the songs get their full potential. There are so many songs on his most recent album that I think would have shined as Raconteurs tracks. I truly think Brendan performs better in collaboration than by himself (his work with Jason Falker on his first two albums is very noticable)

When all this Jack White solo stuff comes to a hault, I'm hoping he and Brendan hit the studio again.

From Modchat:

<JackWhite> KNARFNY: it'll be a second
<ivanapowers> cuppitycake: I third anything you second
<nursejenn> JackWhite: all the local blues musicians get together and jam at his grave
<JackWhite> EvieMay: that's nice, some people are intimidated by those gals but they are the sweetest lassies around
<vbaby74> KNARFNY: I second that... New Raconteurs
<radicaleclectic> JackWhite: lets see that Vault #15 be wacky!!!
<jenyvette> JackWhite: R u in CA for the Conan thing
<97nationarmy> hey jack, is there any chance of you ever coming to Louisville?
<kesa0801> JackWhite: excited to see you on Conan!
<radicaleclectic> JackWhite: was just watching the New Zealand vid with the kids there... like the story telling
<KNARFNY> JACK, WHEN CAN WE EXPECT NEW RACONTEURS?

I asked "Second to what?" but Jack didn't answer.... :P

#282 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

I think that hints pretty good at a second solo album first.

#283 marcosvaca

marcosvaca

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

It'll be a second means it'll be a while

#284 Twist of Denial

Twist of Denial

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

I'd put my money on another solo album and another Dead Weather album before a new Racs one.  Just a hunch.  "it'll be a second" is far from a straight answer though.

#285 AJ123

AJ123

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

I'm hoping for new Racs soon. They are my favorite Jack band 

#286 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

"It'll be a second"  - maybe Jack is really a vampire/alien/superhero and a second is like 10 years to him :P

#287 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

I've noticed that in interviews.  Everything with him happens "in a second" or "for a minute".  For example, according to one interview (I think the WTF with Marc Maron one), he was accepted to seminary school "for a minute".  Certainly explains TMR's fluid concept of time.

That said, I hope that a new Racs album really will be out in no more than a second after the next solo album/tour.

#288 kluczmen

kluczmen

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

I'd preffer another TDW album just to have it when Alison is still young enough to have  trim to perform in her style :D

#289 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

I'd preffer another Racs album just to have it when Brendan is still young enough to have  trim to perform in his style :D

Brendan ain't gonna be the beautiful blond to Jack's right forever, y'know.

#290 kluczmen

kluczmen

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

I mean beauty is really secondary thing, but both Jack and Alison are starting to hit that age when you start to slow down, and IMO it's going to affect TDW more than racs

you know beeing frontwoman in tdw is just more stamina - wise demanding :P

Edited by kluczmen, 13 December 2012 - 06:08 AM.

#291 Action Boy!

Action Boy!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

i want a new TDW album just by the impossible chance they'd cover Strange Movies by the Troggs, 'cuz that'd be so damn perfect and amazing.

#292 steadyasshegoes

steadyasshegoes

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

I mean beauty is really secondary thing, but both Jack and Alison are starting to hit that age when you start to slow down, and IMO it's going to affect TDW more than racs

you know beeing frontwoman in tdw is just more stamina - wise demanding :P

It's going to be a very sad day when Jack slows down on stage.

Him and Brendan will have an identical stage presence  :lol:

#293 Keeley

Keeley

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

I'd put my money on another solo album and another Dead Weather album before a new Racs one.  Just a hunch.  "it'll be a second" is far from a straight answer though.

There is a new QOTSA album due out soon, plus a tour, so I doubt TDW will be anytime soon.  Dean's gonna be too busy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users