I'm wondering if the two albums was all there is

#2 3mily

3mily

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 02:52 AM

There's been mentions in interviews about it, I think the general idea is that Brendan is off doing his solo stuff right now, Jack and LJ are off in TDW, and then after that LJ and Patrick will be with the Greenhornes, who have a new album coming out soon-ish, and hopefully then Jack will be with Meg.
So they're all off doing their own things, but they haven't really ruled out the possibility of another album. I think it's just another Jack thing, when he feels the time is right it'll happen, though probably not for a little while.

#3 Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 260 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:15 AM

I think they will eventually come back and do another album maybe 2 at least I hope so it's my favorite band of the 3

#4 M@rk

M@rk

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:06 AM

i say third album in 2013

#5 William III

William III

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:54 PM

There's been mentions in interviews about it, I think the general idea is that Brendan is off doing his solo stuff right now, Jack and LJ are off in TDW, and then after that LJ and Patrick will be with the Greenhornes, who have a new album coming out soon-ish, and hopefully then Jack will be with Meg.
So they're all off doing their own things, but they haven't really ruled out the possibility of another album. I think it's just another Jack thing, when he feels the time is right it'll happen, though probably not for a little while.

I hope it pans out like that, LJ and Patrick are off with the Greenhornes, Jack does some White Stripes stuff, then when everyone else is free a new Raconteurs album. I'm starting to miss Jack playing guitar all the time.

#6 JeffL

JeffL

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:05 PM

I can't see why Jack wouldn't do a THIRD album.

#7 3brokenbricks3

3brokenbricks3

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:31 PM

I'd say this is up to Brendan. This band is amazing and he plays a huge part in that, yet doesn't really get recognized, which he has said repeatedly, frustrates him.

#8 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:31 PM

It seems as though everyone wants to do it (based on the most recent interviews). The whole Brendan is mad or there was any trouble on the last tour was squashed with him saying that he is sure they'd probably put out another record, just depended on when they were all feeling up to it. The Raconteurs is just a thing that happens whenever it does (as stated by Brendan). When it's ready to happen, it will. Just don't be waiting to impatiently for it...

#9 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:43 PM

I'd say this is up to Brendan. This band is amazing and he plays a huge part in that, yet doesn't really get recognized, which he has said repeatedly, frustrates him.

I don't care what he's said since, I still get the feeling another record is a ways off - seems like he's trying to get his industry cred back with all the solo touring and album etc. That being said, it would surprise me if we don't hear from these guys again eventually :P

#10 steadyasshegoes

steadyasshegoes

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:51 PM

I think it would be a shame if we don't get another album from them. Brendan is a monster songwriter, and I think he and Jack work very well together. Regardless of whether he gets credit for it, he should be happy that millions of people got to hear songs like Many Shades of Black. If it were on one of his solo albums, it would hardly be known.

#11 The Contrarian

The Contrarian

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:03 PM

my opinion:

I'd rather have new Stripes or Dead Weather any day of the week. Preferably music of the striped variety, but whatever... if it happens, awesome, but I'm not gonna cry my eyes out if there's not another Raconteurs record.

#12 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:23 PM

my opinion:

I'd rather have new Stripes or Dead Weather any day of the week. Preferably music of the striped variety, but whatever... if it happens, awesome, but I'm not gonna cry my eyes out if there's not another Raconteurs record.

second that emotion :P

#13 The Contrarian

The Contrarian

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:29 PM

second that emotion :P

Or, alternately: The Raconteurs could do a Greatful Dead cover album. How ill would that be? :lol:

#14 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:53 PM

Or, alternately: The Raconteurs could do a Grateful Dead cover album. How ill would that be? :lol:

or I could slash my eardrums like tires! :P My fuck do I ever hate the Dead :lol:

#15 hxcoliver

hxcoliver

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:55 PM

FUCK THE GREATFUL DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by hxcoliver, 22 May 2010 - 11:57 PM.

#16 wewil

wewil

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:16 AM

yes, tomorrow

#17 hxcoliver

hxcoliver

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 01:45 PM

yes, tomorrow

ahahahahaha like John Lennon used to say.

#18 mrthompson

mrthompson

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,729 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:46 PM

Perhaps.

#19 Action Boy!

Action Boy!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:01 AM

i know brendan has said that, but i think its bull. he's gotten plenty of recognition. whenever the raconteurs are discussed in the media, jack and brendan are always the focus. LJ and keeler are the ones who arent recognized, which is the real shame. sure, jack is recognized more than brendan in these instances, but thats because jack is just the better musician. but for brendan to feel ignored would be ridiculous (im not saying thats how he actually feels, because i dont know.....), but he gets plenty recognition for his role in the band. and if he is genuinely frustrated by some lack of recognition, i'd say thats bull too. i'd hope that the music is what matters to him. and while its great to be recognized for your passion, i dont think fleeting recognition should be what would stop him from continuing with the band. that'd just be immature. and if that were the case, fine, replace him with johnny walker. i'd love to see that.

#20 imbenurnot

imbenurnot

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:19 AM

Not after Brendan and Patrick were both killed in that freak tiger attack at the San Fransisco Zoo...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users