I'll be there.

#2 Sweet Rita

Sweet Rita

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:11 PM

At first glance the lineup isn't that great but after doing that Coachooser thing on the site made me realize that I would probably like to try and go.

Jónsi has been added to the line up.

http://www.jonsi.com/

Edited by Sweet Rita, 19 January 2010 - 06:48 PM.

#3 jamesworth13

jamesworth13

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,660 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:53 PM

A night headlined by LCD Soundsystem + Jay-Z = epic win. Gorillaz, Pavement + Yorkie = pretty fucking good also.

Lotsa other cool stuff. If I didn't kinda dislike festivals, I'd definitely consider going. Lolla is cool.

#4 rag-and-bone

rag-and-bone

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:12 PM

what's with the ???? after thom yorke?

#5 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,394 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:43 PM

PUBLIC IMAGE LIMITED

#6 rob_toronto

rob_toronto

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:53 PM

^Yes! Pretty sweet line up of bands too!

Maybe still to be confirmed???

#7 ashleighlorraine

ashleighlorraine

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:03 PM

I'm going for sure. Coachella is the happiest place on earth. it's what i look forward to every year & this year is going to be filled with conflicts, i can't wait :)

it's how he wants his solo project to be recognized. when he played at the Orpheum downtown the marquee said "??????"

Edited by ashleighlorraine, 19 January 2010 - 09:04 PM.

#8 rob_toronto

rob_toronto

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:19 PM

I'm going for sure. Coachella is the happiest place on earth. it's what i look forward to every year & this year is going to be filled with conflicts, i can't wait :)

it's how he wants his solo project to be recognized. when he played at the Orpheum downtown the marquee said "??????"

Why doesn't he just use Prince's former symbol thingy? I'm sure Prince would be cool with that. :lol:

#9 ashleighlorraine

ashleighlorraine

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

Why doesn't he just use Prince's former symbol thingy? I'm sure Prince would be cool with that. :lol:

i think he wants people to sound like they are in disbelief that it's actually him and say it like "thom yorke?????????no wayz"

for real though, i heard each question mark is supposed to represent each member of his backing band.

Edited by ashleighlorraine, 19 January 2010 - 09:37 PM.

#10 sk8r408

sk8r408

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:08 PM

Exactly, this will be my 7th year in a row!

i think he wants people to sound like they are in disbelief that it's actually him and say it like "thom yorke?????????no wayz"

for real though, i heard each question mark is supposed to represent each member of his backing band.

I heard Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, producer Nigel Godrich, and seasoned session hands Joey Waronker and Mauro Refosco.

#11 ashleighlorraine

ashleighlorraine

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:44 PM

Exactly, this will be my 7th year in a row!

wow! this will be my 4th year. are you from southern california as well? it seems like everybody who grows up in southern california goes every year once they start high school. i always run into a ton of people i know there.

do you camp?

Edited by ashleighlorraine, 19 January 2010 - 11:45 PM.

#12 ashleighlorraine

ashleighlorraine

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:45 PM

p.s. i like this line up way better then last years.

#13 sk8r408

sk8r408

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:43 AM

wow! this will be my 4th year. are you from southern california as well? it seems like everybody who grows up in southern california goes every year once they start high school. i always run into a ton of people i know there.

do you camp?

I live in Northern California, San Jose.

I have camped off site at Lake Cahuilla for the last 4 years. It's a cool place, only 5-10 minutes away, without any of the hassles of onsite camping and many more benefits. I already have my site booked for this year. Do you camp onsite? Have you seen all the changes this year?

p.s. i like this line up way better then last years.

I have been to some awesome Coachella's but this year definitely has the potential to be the best!

#14 St.Andrew

St.Andrew

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 421 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:30 PM

Holy shit.

Gorillaz, Dead Weather, MGMT, and Coheed and Cambria???!!!

:wub:

#15 stripes42

stripes42

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,863 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:51 PM

My son is thinking about going, but none of us have gone before, so I have some questions. Does this usually sell out? Is it possible/likely to get tickets for just one day? (I know you can't buy them ahead of time, just wondering about the availability.) The car-camping thing sounds like a good idea this year. Is it an exhausting three days or is it relatively comfortable?

thanks.

#16 Sweet Rita

Sweet Rita

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:30 PM

My son is thinking about going, but none of us have gone before, so I have some questions. Does this usually sell out? Is it possible/likely to get tickets for just one day? (I know you can't buy them ahead of time, just wondering about the availability.) The car-camping thing sounds like a good idea this year. Is it an exhausting three days or is it relatively comfortable?

thanks.

It hardly ever sells out, but if it dose its a few days right before the festival. I don't know about this year but usaully you could always buy the single day tickets ahead of time but I guess this year there will be no single ticket avlable until that pacific day. What do you mean by car camping? Like camping at a sperate camp site(not in tent city on the coachella grounds)in your car? If so from what I've heard from others that have camped on an off site camp ground sometimes driving to and from the place(depending on how far away the camp site is) is kinda a bitch.

#17 Kat Saunders

Kat Saunders

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,351 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:47 PM

looks fantastic. no way i'll get there,

#18 Lan2_13

Lan2_13

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 398 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:43 PM

It's a decent line-up but there just isn't enough to outweigh the long ass drive and the other people sweating all over you for three days

#19 stripes42

stripes42

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,863 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:54 PM

What do you mean by car camping? Like camping at a sperate camp site(not in tent city on the coachella grounds)in your car? If so from what I've heard from others that have camped on an off site camp ground sometimes driving to and from the place(depending on how far away the camp site is) is kinda a bitch.

according to the coachella website, you can drive your car onto your campsite at coachella this year.

#20 Sweet Rita

Sweet Rita

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:04 PM

Wow, that sounds cool. I'll probably do that if I end up going.

Edited by Sweet Rita, 24 January 2010 - 07:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users