http://www.themodern...y-ballroom-414/

#22 Latz31

Latz31

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:13 PM

I know we all love Jack here but Allison Mosshart owned this show.
Shes rock as fuck.
The 1st 2 songs came out on point and red hot.

#23 littleredbutton247

littleredbutton247

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:56 PM

Wow, that was an amazing show, but if I had not known anything beforehand, I would have never though Jack was married b.c I couldve sworn him and Alison were kissing. They were getting reaaaallly streamy

Alison was amazing, just so sexy and energetic, and punky and wow, she kept leaning into the crowd right over me, and giving everyone these penetrating stares

So Jack was awesome on drums, and even more awesome on guitar with his duet with Alison, where they basically made out.....Karen must have been fuming hahah. His guitar solos were like better than Blue Veins during that song, they had a disco ball going, and it was pretty magical, especially with LJ on drums, who was pretty good, as good as Meg

Dean was basically acting as Jack all night, switching between ogran, piano, guitar, and playing them at the same time at some points.

But even though I couldn't stop watching Jack at first, because he's amazing at drums, my eyes were really on Alison, because she was just so energetic and cool when she performed.

IDK the names of what they played, only one I recognized was Heavens as first song during the encore. And they all wore black leather, but Jack and Alison took off their jackets during it.

One other cool Alison moment was during a song that was like More Coffee and More Cigarettes where she just sat down on the stage, smoked a cigarette and played that white box shaped guitar.

All in all, awesome show, Jack had his Blackpool lights hairdo back, like Icky Thump hair except more puffy and crazy, and Alison was much better than I thought, and all the songs they played were amazing, like raw, bluesy, punk, sludgy amazing songs.

Oh, and merch wise, there was a t-shirt, buttons, some free pins, and Rob Jones poster that was "stuck in Memphis due to bad weather"

Edited by littleredbutton247, 14 April 2009 - 11:58 PM.

#24 noman

noman

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:56 PM

^^Thanks for the review! So was it Dean playing those dirty riffs on Hang You From The Heavens then? Also, did they play New Pony, the Bob Dylan cover?

That girl on twitter posted the video on vimeo, good sound:

http://www.vimeo.com/4160236

Edited by noman, 15 April 2009 - 12:08 AM.

#25 littleredbutton247

littleredbutton247

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:10 AM

^^Thanks for the review! So was it Dean playing those dirty riffs on Hang You From The Heavens then? Also, did they play New Pony, the Bob Dylan cover?

That girl on twitter posted the video on vimeo, good sound:

http://www.vimeo.com/4160236

Yeah, Dean played everything except on the song about setting sail, where Jack dueted, and broke a string on his guitar with his beyond amazing solos. And I'm pretty sure they did play New Pony, b/c that sounds familiar, but I'm not 100%

I forgot to mention one disappointing thing which was that Jack didn't say one word to the audience, but I think makybe he was just trying to stay out of the spotlight? He sang backup on a lot of songs from behind his drum kit, which had no Dead Weather drumskin :( , and Alison said all the thank yous to the audience

One other thing: Jack definitely has his voice back, he was hitting all the high notes, and back to full strength!

Edited by littleredbutton247, 15 April 2009 - 12:14 AM.

#26 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,043 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:15 AM

Drummers don't usually talk to the audience, do they?

#27 littleredbutton247

littleredbutton247

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:18 AM

But he's not just a drummer, he should at least acknowledge the fact that everyone knows, which is that he's the most famous one in the group, and the tix wouldn't have sold out in 2 mins if he wasn't in it. I'm not mad, I just would have liked a thank you or hello or something haha

You can't deny that like 80% of the audience was there to see Jack, so he's not just a drummer

#28 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,043 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:20 AM

I know he's not just a drummer, but it would just be weird for him to talk to the crowd from behind the kit.

#29 noman

noman

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:38 AM

missmodernage has uploaded a video (It's all on the first link of this page, but just in case someone misses it)

Edited by noman, 15 April 2009 - 12:39 AM.

#30 Hunt

Hunt

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:42 AM

the show was awesome. dean has an amazing guitar tone.

#31 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,043 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:44 AM

Goddam Allison has one of the sexiest voices I've ever heard and she has a giant stage presence. I'm afraid no one is going to be paying attention to Jack in concert. Hahaha.

#32 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,043 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:46 AM

the show was awesome. dean has an amazing guitar tone.

:o Get on facebook and tell me how you got to go. ;)

#33 3brokenbricks3

3brokenbricks3

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:07 AM

All Videos so far:

http://vimeo.com/4160236

http://vimeo.com/4160594

#34 whitestripesman

whitestripesman

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:12 AM

I know he's not just a drummer, but it would just be weird for him to talk to the crowd from behind the kit.

are you kidding me? I'm the drummer in my band and it is not weird at all when I talk to a sold out audience of ours...just check out our youtube video on the right..

Edited by whitestripesman, 15 April 2009 - 01:13 AM.

#35 Kaseyls

Kaseyls

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:17 AM

It was all so steamy sexy dirrrrty....so loved it!

Jack was great behind the kit, and his one guitar stint was so, so, so ~ just wow! Then they all left the stage. Came back for the encore - Hang you from the Heavens was amazingly strong and perfect, followed by something just as rockin. Not knowing the songs was a different experience to me, but they were so incredible and I loved the whole sound, I'm dying for the album!

I'd say 9 or 10 songs were played total? Anybody? New Pony was one of them. Can't say enough about how great their sound is! Some of it so grinding bluesy ugh it made me ache! Wished they played longer! But would say that if they played 30 songs!

Alison is so sexy...positively prowls on stage. And knows how to capture and keep the audience. Hubby thought she was a great front person and said "you couldn't take your eyes off her". <_< ( He swears she's not his type, but shit, after tonight she's practically MY type! LOL)

LJ rules! Got to really see him go off. Loved him on drums too.

Dean was very cool and great guitar! And keys. All the singing was spot-on too. Even the backing vocals were bold.

And being a total girl here.....Jack looked so amazing! Love where his hair is now (like in the livid videos from the Elephant tour, great look in my opinion). And so sexy. And I was even a little uncomfortable watching him and Alison share the mic.....talk about sparks! Karen must be a very secure woman....more so than me! (Of course I don't look like Karen, nor have I born him any children).

I was disappointed they didn't have the single for sale....hope I can find it this weekend. And I failed you all with merch and the poster list. Sorry all, don't hate me!

Oh, and the venue was great. Lovely intimate room. Saw David Fricke and Nick Zinner. Thought I saw Mark Watrous, but could be wrong.

Met some lovely Little Roomers.....Hi girls and Chris. Sorry I lost you and didn't get to say goodbye. Really enjoyed sharing this with you! I hope you all get home safe...you came from so far! And I saw Tom (you look great Tom, btw). Sorry I lost you too on the way out. Hubby was getting antsy to get out the door.

I'm rambling....must sleep. I'm in love with the new band. So grateful to have been there. Desperate for more. Sorry I'm not a better reviewer.

goodnight.

#36 kaputnik

kaputnik

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:19 AM

Very cool show. Opened with 60 feet tall and Allison absolutely commanded the stage and LJ was going off on the bass. Dean was in control on the side. Allison sang the first two songs. Jack sang two songs (I think one was a cover), a duet with Allison and sang the chorus on one or two and backup with the boys on a few others. ALOT of keys which I loved, a bunch of songs were Dean only on keys/organ/piano. Interesting blend of modern rock, blues, rock and rock and roll.

Played Hang You from the Heavens (encore), and pretty sure they played So Far from Your Weapon, Treat Me Like Your Mother, New Pony (last song?), Bone House and Will There Be Enough Water? (closed the first set with the disco ball, Jack on guitar, LJ on drums, Slowly Turning Into You's slower distant cousin.)

#37 Kaseyls

Kaseyls

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:22 AM

Very cool show. Opened with 60 feet tall and Allison absolutely commanded the stage and LJ was going off on the bass. Dean was in control on the side. Allison sang the first two songs. Jack sang two songs (I think one was a cover), a duet with Allison and sang the chorus on one or two and backup with the boys on a few others. ALOT of keys which I loved, a bunch of songs were Dean only on keys/organ/piano. Interesting blend of modern rock, blues, rock and rock and roll.

Played Hang You from the Heavens (encore), and pretty sure they played So Far from Your Weapon, Treat Me Like Your Mother, New Pony (last song?), Bone House and Will There Be Enough Water? (closed the first set with the disco ball, Jack on guitar, LJ on drums, Slowly Turning Into You's slower distant cousin.)

Tom, your review is much more detailed than mine about the songs.....I agree with everything you say I think.

#38 3brokenbricks3

3brokenbricks3

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:34 AM

Well they definitely played Cut Like A Buffalo.

#39 kaputnik

kaputnik

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:37 AM

Sorry I lost you too on the way out.

Yeah, sorry about that. I turned and one of the bouncers was in my face telling me too move out.

Hung out with Chris, Lisa and AnonymousBrunette (sorry, I'm bad with names and I was wired/half deaf by that time) out side after the show and we saw the band leave around 11:45. Had a chance to say a quick good show to them all but they immediately entered a waiting white van.

#40 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,043 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:01 AM

fab pictures:

http://www.flickr.co...57616789971580/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users