No replies to this topic

#1 twitch

twitch

Little Room Lunatic

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,056 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 09:03 PM

There was a interview in some random publication trying to misquote the band about them making a White Stripes movie. As much as we adore any release in any form by Jack and Meg…we'll chalk this up to just bad quoting and journalists taking a brief quote and blowing it up. Here's what the writer said: White Stripes' frontman Jack White is giving a thought about following in the footsteps of 'The Who' and 'The Beatles' by making a movie about the band. "If something interesting came along, I suppose we would give it a shot. Only if it made sense and not just to do it to do it," Rate The Music quoted White as saying. Musicians can make terrible actors. Were you worried this might become your Glitter? Meg: Well, the advantage was that we were playing ourselves, so if you can't do that properly -Jack: There is less contempt for musicians to act then there are for actors who want to make a record. Even if they've had that in them before they started acting, there's so much contempt for that. I always feel sorry for them. I think people believe music comes from some really natural expression and acting is fabricated, that that's the purpose of acting: you're pretending. Music is not pretending, so it's almost like someone who pretends is trying not to pretend and be real or something. Meg: Also because there's an element of acting in music, and there isn't an element of music in acting. People always try to separate the two."

That's it…that's a bit of journalistic reaching as far as I'm concerned…you might as well ask them if they would work with Paul McCartney -

fake Jack quote:"well we would work with Paul if the right project came round." And then you explode it to - "Jack Wants To Work With Paul McCartney now!!!" The same bad writing led to everyone thinking Meg was dying to be a voice on the Simpson's and that it was some lifelong dream.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users