No replies to this topic

#1 twitch

twitch

Little Room Lunatic

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,056 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 08:35 PM

I feel its been long enough to add this…since it's all blown over and no major damage was done. If you don't know what I am talking about- here's the basics of the story. While attending the album release party for Blanche at the Magic Stick on December 13th 2003 - Jack White and Jason Stollsteimer (singer of the Von Bondies) got into an altercation. This happened sometime during the Brendan Benson set and has had numerous stories, opinions and ideas thrown out from just about everyone. Whatever the specifics…Jack was brought up on charges of assault and was released on bail for $100. The case was didn't amount to much and both Jack and Jason have gone their separate ways…

JW: That's what I was talking about as well. In the end, what happens? He did all that to promote his new album. That's what it was all about. It was about promoting his band, and living off of our kindness, once again, the attention he can get from using us. He used us in a good way by being our friend. Then used us in a bad way by stabbing us in the back. So what happens to someone who uses people in the end? His album sells two thousand copies or whatever, and nobody's going to care next year. He's forever gonna be known by his own exploitation (laughing). How do you rise above that? You can't rise above that because it's all negative. There's nothing negative from me. All I can do is defend my own honor, I guess. There's nothing else I can do. The way I see it, the more I talk about it, the more he gets what he wants. That's the problem, the whole time. That's why I never said anything, because it was giving him what he wanted, which was attention for his band. Their old manager said something in an interview someone read to me, about him wanting to exploit the situation, and use it to his political advantage. The manager of his band said that! Someone told me the other day, a friend of his - an eye doctor looked at Jason and said, There's nothing wrong with you, and he then flew out to find some other eye doctor to say that he had permanent eye damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users