No replies to this topic

#1 twitch

twitch

Little Room Lunatic

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,056 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 08:29 PM

There has been very little in the way of public statements regarding world issues, party affiliation or really politics in general. The band seems to think of itself as a musical force and not a pulpit to spread their own political ideals. Jack: "I was really political when I was a teenager, and I just stopped: stopped myself having an opinion about politics and opening my mouth about it."

Jack: “I have never thought that rock music can have a direct influence on anything in relation to questions about war and peace or famine. Perhaps it doesn’t any longer make a difference what other things they are concerned with. If the Beatles could not get us all to love one another, then how would the White Stripes be capable to do it?”

MW: Yeah, it's a rough time. I haven't seen people be so obsessed and upset in my lifetime, you know, about everything.
JW: I guess it's the same way in England too. When you belong to a political party, it doesn't matter if it's a monkey or Einstein who's the one running, you vote for him because he's a part of that party. It's dedication to your party not the person. It doesn't matter who it is, what the truth is. That's really sad, and it kind of goes across the board. I mean, don't people want the truth? Why wouldn't you want the truth? About anything?
MW: Because you can be lazy if you don't know the truth.
JW: I guess so. That's sad to me.
MW: That's what my Dad always told me, on the ballot, they should always have a third choice, like none of the above, then if enough people picked that, they'd have to get new candidates. I think there's a lot of problems with being a two-party system. But I'm not gonna get to do anything about that. It's pretty sad when you have to choose between the lesser of two evils.

Recently Jack has altered the lyrics to The Big Three Killed My Baby live to reflect the political scene going on right now: "and bush's hands are turning red…and I found out your baby is dead." That's about as far as a statement that the bands made…take that for what ya will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users