8 replies to this topic

#1 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,564 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:37 PM

I was fortunate to be there, but haven't had time since I got home to put together anything coherent from the notes I scribbled down after the show.  Any other LRers there?

Here's TMR's re-cap video--

For some reason, I can't get the setlist-fm widget to work, so here's a link to the setlist--  https://www.setlist....tn-393cd43.html

Edited by Kali Durga, 12 April 2019 - 12:41 PM.

#2 wgorans

wgorans

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 09:03 AM

I was in attendance! Came in from Lincoln NE for the day with my girlfriend. Had a blast. 

I was in the Blue Room most of the day, since I have never been inside it, so that was a great experience for me getting to see where all of my Vault package recordings usually come from.

Stood next to Jordan Klepper during the Racs set. I thought maybe he was invited because of his interview with Jack on the Lazaretto tour, but I think he's just a big TMR fan. 

All in all, fun day. I was really happy to snag an Ultra Ticket and head down even if it was only for the day. Wish I could have stuck around for the Racs Blue Room shows though :(

#3 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,564 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:14 PM

I was the opposite of you, I was at the Mission Stage all day.  Wanted to see the Detroit Cobras really badly, but figured I wouldn't be able to get into the Blue Room at that point (and didn't want to lose my spot on the rail).  Which was your favorite band, aside from the Racs?

#4 wgorans

wgorans

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:58 PM

I was the opposite of you, I was at the Mission Stage all day.  Wanted to see the Detroit Cobras really badly, but figured I wouldn't be able to get into the Blue Room at that point (and didn't want to lose my spot on the rail).  Which was your favorite band, aside from the Racs?

I really liked seeing the Soledad Brothers. It was my second time seeing the Gories and I really enjoy them too.

We hopped out after the Soledad Bros. to get some food, and had to wait in line. We thought we would have missed the Cobras too, but the line moved pretty quickly. That may have been because Quintron was pretty unique to a lot of the people in the Blue Room  :D

How about you? What was good on the Mission Stage?

#5 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,564 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:04 PM

I would've loved to have seen Quintron, too!  With so much going on, difficult choices had to be made. The Dirtbombs were spectacular, and Lillie Mae was great (her brother Frank is one hell of a guitar player).  Did you have a good spot for the Racs set?

#6 wgorans

wgorans

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:03 AM

We ended up stage right, facing the stage. Not too bad! We got in the crowd late, I was waiting on some pizza which never showed up, so we got in once after the first song. I plan on being front and center in Kansas City in October. and maybe Denver..... and maybe St. Louis  :D

Also, did you get any of the merch? I bought the poster, but didn't really get a good look at anything else. I'm having trouble finding good images of the other things.

Edited by wgorans, 18 April 2019 - 11:07 AM.

#7 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,564 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:17 AM

I got one of the 10th anniversary pins, but didn't want to get anything large that had to be carried around.  I wish I'd gotten one of the Nature Tips with Jack t-shirts, so I'm hoping those will be at the merch tables or in the on-line store soon.

Good luck at your shows later in the year!

#8 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:58 PM

Edited by J.C., 19 April 2019 - 10:01 PM.

#9 wgorans

wgorans

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:50 PM

I got one of the 10th anniversary pins, but didn't want to get anything large that had to be carried around.  I wish I'd gotten one of the Nature Tips with Jack t-shirts, so I'm hoping those will be at the merch tables or in the on-line store soon.

Good luck at your shows later in the year!

Thanks! You too, if you plan on heading to some!

also, I had no idea they were selling Nature Tips with Jack t-shirts?!?! Now I need one too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users