4 replies to this topic

#1 jamos

jamos

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:51 AM

Hey there everyone. It seems like there hasn't been much discussion going on here in the little room as of late. Since the Raconteurs have made somewhat of a return with Vault 38, I have found myself listening to their songs again and looking up older posts. I came across one of my own posts regarding what we would like to get from the Vault. I was actually surprised to see that two of my wishes actually came true... Here is that same old post/list again. What do others think? What would you like to see released in a Vault package?

Cheers - jamos

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:34 PM

- TWS with Jeff Beck (DVD? Recordings from the rehearsals?) - I know, I know, the rights might be a problem here...

- TWS Live in Vegas (would be a nice re-release, they could make new artwork for it, too)

- TWS live at Electric Ladyland Studios (anything from that would be great, one of my favourite shows)

- TWS UGWNL B-shows DVD with maybe the concert played for the Veterans at Chelsea Hospital

- Jack White & The Bricks show

- The Go, Two Star Tabernacle...shows with Jack (audio and/or video)

- Raconteurs DVD (or audio) from the videoshoot for 'Level' - don't know if they played a complete "Proud Mary' or just a tease, but anyway, would be nice to have the whole gig!

- Raconteurs from the Video Awards (with Billy Gibbons, Lou Reed, Jim Jarmusch)

- Raconteurs show with Alison Mosshart (of historic value since it marks the beginnings of TDW)

- Jack with Beck/ Bob Dylan... (not likely, I know)

- Songs rehearsed/played for or in 'It Might Get Loud' (especially a recording of 'The Weight' without people talking over it...)

+ any kinds of alternate takes, demos from any of Jack's bands

Please less stuff from other bands. I mean, I like the Greenhornes, Black Belles etc., but I love Jack-related stuff a whole lot more.

#2 Nogard

Nogard

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:52 AM

It's been 10 years... and I think they should release something really really special. Not a live recording.

I think most of us came here mainly because of the White Stripes, so maybe a special 12" with the complete - 20+ minutes- version of Ball & Buscuit will be perfect.

Anything related to the stripes will be perfect.

#3 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,451 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:42 PM

I like a few of your wishes, so hopefully you'll be prophetic again.

#4 Death Letter Blues

Death Letter Blues

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:17 PM

- TWS live at Electric Ladyland Studios (anything from that would be great, one of my favourite shows)

I would vote for this.

An FM version has been around for a long time and a lossy soundboard copy has made the rounds. 

#5 tapedatshow

tapedatshow

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:48 PM

Id like to hear that first San Francisco show from June 2000. The one Jack that made him refer to San Francisco as the first city to like us.

A soundboard of the April 1999 Magic Stick show would be cool too. 20 year anniversary.

A soundboard of the 100 Club from London 2001 would be awesome too. First English show (not counting John Peel).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users