201 replies to this topic

#201 CandyApple

CandyApple

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:56 PM

So the video never airs or anything? No radio play? Cause personally I think it is one of the best rock songs in a long while.

Me too. This is the single biggest mystery of the Raconteurs, why the song Broken Boy Soldier was not the biggest hit song of the year. I seriously cannot get enough of that song.

Blue Veins is my other favorite song on the album, but I can understand why Blue Veins might not be considered "radio friendly" or whatever. But Broken Boy Soldier?? That song has an immediate and irresistible appeal. Not just me, but when I played it for a couple friends they said the same thing. It's the hardest rocking song, really -- the standout song, the best of an excellent album. It just rocks like nothing else I heard this last year.

I will probably never cease to be puzzled by wondering why BBS was not gigantically popular. (Like I never did understand why Black Math and a few other WS songs were not huge hits, either.)

#202 CodyT3212

CodyT3212

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:46 PM

Yeah...BBS should have had people more excited. They pump me up man...their songs are simple and shit yeah, but thats whats great about them. It's great music. But kids nowadays just want to listen to whiney emotional music that has no harmonies or anything..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users