6 replies to this topic

#1 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,672 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 06:05 AM

Cool Todd Slater poster for tonight's show-- https://www.instagra.../p/BpEPw-zn6pD/

#2 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:03 AM

When Jack, in his Fortress of Solitude, sticks those crystals in their spots, he receives messages from old blues masters of the '20s and '30s.

#3 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,672 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 12:42 PM

Hahaha!  That image also put me in mind of his interview with Lars Ulrich from earlier this year, when the two of them discussed Ice Station Zebra being Howard Hughes' favorite film. "The ice is so clean..."

#4 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:34 PM

So I just got home, i'll post more tomorrow but this was my fave show of the current run that i've seen. The band were just spot on. We got a nice new version of "We're Going to be Friends".

Jack and Carla had a really playful moment which had me giggling. None of his equipment drastically failed on him this time, so no little tantrums from him. Sound was excellent and the support, Demob Happy were awesome too.

Only downside for me was no visuals like he had in London. I really enjoyed that new aspect to his show.

I'll post more tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a Racs tour next year or beyond now.

#5 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,672 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 05:52 AM

Looking forward to hearing more!

#6 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 03:15 PM

Looking forward to hearing more!

Sorry, I'm currently working a festival so haven't had chance to sit down and write something out. It will arrive soon though.

#7 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 08:41 AM

The band were excellent. The moment between Jack and Carla was so funny and cute.

You know when he hits those power chords and they let it ring out? When he was doing that he was moving closer to her and she pointed her drum stick at him and was saying "Stay back" or something similar but they were both laughing. It was really playful and great to see them having such a good time.

The sound in this venue was excellent! I'll probably keep it on my radar in the future. 

I'm assuming that he hasn't had the video stuff at all on this tour, maybe it's too expensive to take. I'd be interested to know if he had that stuff at any of the other recent shows. 

When he played "Steady as she goes" I got very excited to think we could be seeing the Racs next year and beyond.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users