44 replies to this topic

#41 foxglove

foxglove

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

That's just beautiful, man. Great first post, by the way.

I miss EMS, they all closed down here in the DC area.

That's so sad! Not only do they stock all your mountain sports needs, but apparently they employ DW enthusiasts. They're really just an "everything" store, aren't they?

So, you went to the show in Boston? I see and acknowledge your creepy giant eyeball avatar. It was my first of their concerts I'd been to, and it kind of spurred this snowball of crazed love which inevitably led me here. I've been riding the high of that concert since I went...which is why I apparently feel the need to re-ignite this thread with my lovey mush feelings...even though the concert was a few weeks ago. I don't think I knew live music could be like that.

#42 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,715 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:43 PM

Nope, I went to the show down in DC (and Memphis, earlier this year). And beware the crazed snowball. If you don't take steps to keep it in check, it will soon become overwhelming and there'll be no coming down from that high ;)

#43 foxglove

foxglove

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:57 PM

Nope, I went to the show down in DC (and Memphis, earlier this year). And beware the crazed snowball. If you don't take steps to keep it in check, it will soon become overwhelming and there'll be no coming down from that high ;)

Ah, two shows. You lucky little...person. Do they travel with that large, creepy eyeball, then?

I think joining an online community of equally crazed (with awesomeness) people really won't help matters any. I can only hope that by discussing their music excessively and online virtual high-fiving everyone who talks to me, that I can stop feeling so alone (with awesome, awesome music). That wasn't meant to be as emo as it sounded. I just need friends with better taste in music. And by "better" I, of course, mean "the same as mine".

#44 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,715 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:07 PM

Well, back in April they were traveling with the same giant Rorshach inkblot that they'd used last year. The eyeball is new as of this summer.

Every time you post, you add something new. Great signature ;)

#45 foxglove

foxglove

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:39 AM

Well, back in April they were traveling with the same giant Rorshach inkblot that they'd used last year. The eyeball is new as of this summer.

Every time you post, you add something new. Great signature ;)

Argh. I wish they would add more tour dates...I don't think I'm going to be able to make it to Brooklyn. And that's the last one that I know of, right? Of course I'd love to see them all tour with their original bands again, but there is some serious magic happening with this band right now. I'm not done riding the wave, dammit. I hate being late to the party.

Ha, thanks. I'm a horse person...and have been known to sing that line to my horse on occasion. He is rarely amused, but he does like the DW. We have the occasional dance-party to "No Horse".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users