9 replies to this topic

#1 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,042 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

I don't know if this poster is real or not. I thought Dead Weather was done for this year and the Kills are about to release an album. I'll be upset if this poster is real.

Attached File  tumblr_leqb1bBwIu1qbn6rto1_500.jpg   133.94K   111 downloads

Edited by CaseOfThePunks, 11 January 2011 - 06:16 PM.

#2 Dillinger1934

Dillinger1934

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,406 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

The Reading and Leeds line up aren't announced for a few months yet, I don't think any of these posters to be "leaked" have ever turned out to be true.

#3 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:07 PM

The Reading and Leeds line up aren't announced for a few months yet, I don't think any of these posters to be "leaked" have ever turned out to be true.

same here

#4 jamesmo32

jamesmo32

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:07 AM

No way that's it. Most of those bands have played the festival too recently. Someone probably took bands they assume would play or that they want to play. Strokes probably will play, Muse they just got done touring and they're album has been out for too long-so no. Plus I don't think much money will be made if Green Day is the big Headliner. Look what happened at Austin City Limits with The Eagles...

#5 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:36 PM

that or just sent the invitation and made a flyer to show how it would 'read' promotionally... high hopes?

#6 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:21 PM

Look Green Day has had their day and is done for fucking sure, but to compare them to the damned Eagles? Come on now - the Eagles played at the State Fair down in this little piece of shit southern Illinois town where I live, haven't even been to the arena down here - which is the one place Green Day ever bothered to play here :rolleyes:

#7 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:38 PM

Look Green Day has had their day and is done for fucking sure, but to compare them to the damned Eagles? Come on now - the Eagles played at the State Fair down in this little piece of shit southern Illinois town where I live, haven't even been to the arena down here - which is the one place Green Day ever bothered to play here :rolleyes:

apples: mega stars all co=creating mega careers which were never concerned with 'eagle status'
oranges: green day has a bitter spit of juice in its eye that punk left them only pop sensibility
tomatoes: you and me as the little grass roots farmers/consumers of hunting/gathering gristmill info

Not a salad that I wish to eat! So... fact is that we all want somethin sweet to come our way so the piece of the pie we will likely ask for is the pie we want even if we do not see in on the menu...

#8 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:40 PM

okay yeah I literally have no idea what the fuck that even meant. I don't know what you've been putting in your salad but it's kinda freaking me out and I definitely don't want none :wacko:

#9 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:22 PM

okay yeah I literally have no idea what the fuck that even meant. I don't know what you've been putting in your salad but it's kinda freaking me out and I definitely don't want none :wacko:

Look man... apples being the sort of food (like the Eagles) which can be mixed into nearly every sort of dish whether savory or sweet... are no comparison at all to oranges which are highly acidic and acerbic in their social value given punk rock's place in music (such as the pop punk mutant that are the Green Day impulse buy) ....

So... when it comes to us garden variety tomatoes who head out to the state fair or the local pub the point plays out that we take what we can get... those Reading Folks who made the flyer were likely just hoping to get Dead Weather Greats to buy into their event with a premade flyer mailed on a wing and a prayer...

The salad is a metaphor for mixing these things of unequal value into a dish which just doesnt jive

#10 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:01 PM

can the metaphors and type a sentence.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users