#1 Nutteronabus

Nutteronabus

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 258 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 03:40 PM

So this just wrapped up.

On the one hand, they were absolutely on fire tonight, arguably better than the Electric Ballroom show last week. Interesting to see the stage setup, which was a bit grander (PK on a plinth! LOTS more lights!), and I did laugh when the stagehands came out after the opening band had finished and put copper frames around all of the monitors. Not sure if they also did this last week, but I was much further away from the stage.

The down side is that it was short. 70 minutes and 15 songs, all in, which I think was about 25 minutes less than last week. That said, we got Together and Blue Veins, along with Shine the Light on Me, but disappointingly missed out on Help Me Stranger and Now That You're Gone.

So, better, but also less good. Glad I flew out here for this one, but as I now have 8 hours to kill until the first flight home tomorrow morning, I'd really have appreciated a slightly later finish.

#2 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,671 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 03:45 PM

Ah, that's a shame.  I wonder if there was something going on behind the scenes, between the Instagram post about Jack's bruised arm and the look on his face here--

190528_Raconteurs_Cologne_2457-resized.j

Looking forward to seeing the full set list, considering they made those choices.  The rest of the show photos are here--  https://theraconteur...ologne-05282019

#3 Nutteronabus

Nutteronabus

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 258 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 03:57 PM

I'd not seen that post before now, but perhaps you might be right. Although he seemed happy enough on stage.

Vague setlist attempt;

Consoler of the Lonely
Bored and Razed
Level
Old Enough
Shine the Light on Me
Sunday Driver
Together
Only child
Broken Boy Soldier
Don't Bother Me
Live a Lie (or at least, another new one; still not sure on all the song titles)
Blue Veins
---
Hey Gyp
Salute Your Solution
Steady as She Goes

The order might be a bit off, but I *think* that's everything.

#4 Nutteronabus

Nutteronabus

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 258 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 03:59 PM

Oh, and LJ did a little dance during PK's drum into for Hey Gyp, before picking up his bass. God, I've missed LJ.

#5 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,671 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:00 PM

Looks like you recognized more of the new songs than folks at setlist.fm have so far--  https://www.setlist....y-5390637d.html

LJ danced???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users