8 replies to this topic

#1 jamos

jamos

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:51 AM

Hey there everyone. It seems like there hasn't been much discussion going on here in the little room as of late. Since the Raconteurs have made somewhat of a return with Vault 38, I have found myself listening to their songs again and looking up older posts. I came across one of my own posts regarding what we would like to get from the Vault. I was actually surprised to see that two of my wishes actually came true... Here is that same old post/list again. What do others think? What would you like to see released in a Vault package?

Cheers - jamos

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:34 PM

- TWS with Jeff Beck (DVD? Recordings from the rehearsals?) - I know, I know, the rights might be a problem here...

- TWS Live in Vegas (would be a nice re-release, they could make new artwork for it, too)

- TWS live at Electric Ladyland Studios (anything from that would be great, one of my favourite shows)

- TWS UGWNL B-shows DVD with maybe the concert played for the Veterans at Chelsea Hospital

- Jack White & The Bricks show

- The Go, Two Star Tabernacle...shows with Jack (audio and/or video)

- Raconteurs DVD (or audio) from the videoshoot for 'Level' - don't know if they played a complete "Proud Mary' or just a tease, but anyway, would be nice to have the whole gig!

- Raconteurs from the Video Awards (with Billy Gibbons, Lou Reed, Jim Jarmusch)

- Raconteurs show with Alison Mosshart (of historic value since it marks the beginnings of TDW)

- Jack with Beck/ Bob Dylan... (not likely, I know)

- Songs rehearsed/played for or in 'It Might Get Loud' (especially a recording of 'The Weight' without people talking over it...)

+ any kinds of alternate takes, demos from any of Jack's bands

Please less stuff from other bands. I mean, I like the Greenhornes, Black Belles etc., but I love Jack-related stuff a whole lot more.

#2 Nogard

Nogard

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:52 AM

It's been 10 years... and I think they should release something really really special. Not a live recording.

I think most of us came here mainly because of the White Stripes, so maybe a special 12" with the complete - 20+ minutes- version of Ball & Buscuit will be perfect.

Anything related to the stripes will be perfect.

#3 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,706 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:42 PM

I like a few of your wishes, so hopefully you'll be prophetic again.

#4 Death Letter Blues

Death Letter Blues

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:17 PM

- TWS live at Electric Ladyland Studios (anything from that would be great, one of my favourite shows)

I would vote for this.

An FM version has been around for a long time and a lossy soundboard copy has made the rounds. 

#5 tapedatshow

tapedatshow

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:48 PM

Id like to hear that first San Francisco show from June 2000. The one Jack that made him refer to San Francisco as the first city to like us.

A soundboard of the April 1999 Magic Stick show would be cool too. 20 year anniversary.

A soundboard of the 100 Club from London 2001 would be awesome too. First English show (not counting John Peel).

#6 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,706 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:31 PM

Updated the title of this thread to make it official...

Vault40-WebAdmat-Retina-FULL.jpg

Third Man Records is proud to announce the Raconteurs third album “Help Us Stranger” will be the focal point of our 40th Vault package. Their first full-length studio recording in eleven years, “Help Us Stranger” finds the band in top form, at fighting weight, as powerful as they’ve always been. The twelve songs on this album explore all the bravado and bluster, sincerity and sensitivity you’d hope for in a classic rock album. Soaring riffs, earnest lyrics, machine gun drumming, heartfelt harmonies, bass for days, and four guys coming together to be more than the sum of their parts, firing on all cylinders like an absolute unit. The exclusive 180-gram version offered only to Third Man Vault members showcases the LP on electric green/black/copper swirled vinyl and is astutely paired with a stunning moving image lenticular cover. The kind of thing you can stare at for hours.

The companion 7-inch single in the package features early, demo recordings of two songs that are included on the album in a final, finished form. “Help Me Stranger” is a “get the idea down” version recorded with Jack White playing all instruments, complete with different lyrics and simplified instrumentation from what ultimately ended up on the album. “Somedays (I Don’t Feel Like Trying)” showcases Brendan Benson exclusively performing everything in an intriguing, embryonic take that, along with White’s song, help illustrate how this band can take a song that’s solid to start with and once all four of them are in the room together, truly push it over the edge. The band, as one entity, works to make these songs great.

Additionally, we’re including a Patrick Keeler-designed Raconteurs bandana. Wrap it around your head “Rambo” style, tie it around your leg as a tourniquet, use it to sop up grease around your garage…the uses are metaphorically endless.

Finally, just to push the package over the top, we’re including an exclusive Raconteurs slip mat. As far as we can remember, this is the first Raconteurs slip mat ever and will provide decades of soft rotational comfort separating your records from your turntable platter.

Subscriptions are open now and close on April 30th. Come join us.

The Raconteurs

Help Us Stranger

1. Bored and Razed

2. Help Me Stranger

3. Only Child

4. Don’t Bother Me

5. Shine the Light On Me

6. Somedays (I Don’t Feel Like Trying)

7. Hey Gyp (Dig the Slowness)

8. Sunday Driver

9. Now That You’re Gone

10. Live a Lie

11. What’s Yours Is Mine

12. Thoughts and Prayers

7-inch single

Jack White - Help Me Stranger (demo)

Brendan Benson - Somedays (I Don’t Feel Like Trying) (demo)

#7 300 icky piranhas blues

300 icky piranhas blues

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 08:43 PM

This is going to be an aural and visual delight.

#8 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 04:48 AM

Really looking forward to this one.

Edited by wsjack3, 01 May 2019 - 04:52 AM.

#9 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:03 AM

Vault emailed yesterday to confirm folks addresses - email mentioned theyre shipping them around June 21 (release day)....heres to hoping they have them to us at or before official release day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users