6 replies to this topic

#1 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,584 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:17 PM

...played in Cincinnati last night, the opening date on their fall tour...and I missed it!  I was bummed but then after seeing everyone's review, seeing the pictures, the setlist, etc... I was really bummed.  Looked to be an epic show!  Looks like I will have to wait for the bootleg to be released.

Bummed!!

#2 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,303 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:42 PM

I didn't even know that they were touring :(.

I still love Eddie. I can still see him hanging and swinging from the rafters in Even Flow. I think that was the video. Oh man, that was a super long time ago........

#3 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,584 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:16 PM

It sure was.  1992.  It's now 2014 and they are still recording and putting on amazing live shows.  I know they are not for everyone but they've outlasted a lot of great bands and continue to draw huge crowds to their shows.  Nothing beats going to a PJ show and having it truly be "your" show thanks to playing a unique set list each and every night.

#4 avard

avard

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:07 PM

Luckily I caught Hartford on lightning bolt leg 1. They were AMAZING. Three hours plus......songs I've never heard before. Old songs new songs. They played my favorite song LONG ROAD. Wish some on this leg were closer to home. I live vicariously through friends that go and rave about how they just get BETTER!!!!!

#5 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,584 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:06 PM

Ah... Long Road is an AMAZING track.  They have so many good original songs now at their disposal...

#6 showbiz78

showbiz78

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:49 AM

have to admit...

after seeing Jack's infamous Radio City show, my interest waned. Would Meg ever have let him cut that show short?

i was disillusioned. i turned back to my other favorite bands, that i'd set aside for so long. 

avard i was at that hartford show as well. i have been to a few others recently as well, and they are simply amazing. 

they love their fans - they play songs to the seats behind the stage, they play long and pay the venue fines, they make every show available for purchase. 

jack's just a little too pretentious for my taste lately. 

Edited by showbiz78, 06 October 2014 - 09:50 AM.

#7 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:10 PM

Saw them once live, in 2005, at GM Place (now Rogers Arena) in Vancouver.  They certainly give their fans their money's worth, quantity-wise, as they played a two-and-a-half-hour set. 

But I was only really familiar with the first three or four albums, and most of the songs kind of bled together for me.  The guitar solos were barely audible.  Standing on concrete floors (up in the stands) is exhausting, and I kind of wanted to sit down (!).  So, yeah, I was pretty bored for much of the show, but they brought it home nicely with Baba O'Riley at the end, with Vedder throwing what appeared to be tambourines like frisbees out to the crowd.

Edited by J.C., 06 October 2014 - 02:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users