3111 replies to this topic

#61 Dial M For Max

Dial M For Max

Elephant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 08:02 PM

Yes, but one can safely assume that you get your idiocy from your mother, and hence her opinion is worthless too.

#62 astroboy64

astroboy64

White Blood Cells

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 08:18 PM

You see, my mom was never idiot enough to leave me on top of a car and drive off, like some dipshits around here.

#63 Dial M For Max

Dial M For Max

Elephant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 10:10 PM

My mother had an excuse... and at least my mother intended to have me. How long did it take your mother to figure out that the condom doesn't go over her own head during sex?

#64 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,582 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 10:13 PM

How about we try to keep this talk on the topic of the thread? Thanks thanks

#65 Dial M For Max

Dial M For Max

Elephant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 10:29 PM

Well, the theme seems to be mediocrity, so as far as I'm concerned, the black keys and astroboy go hand in hand.

#66 astroboy64

astroboy64

White Blood Cells

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 10:37 PM

I'll shift this over to the subject of The Black Keys:

I really like their cover of "She Said, She Said"...which I wasn't prepared to like. I also think "Do The Rump" is a great one, and if you don't like it--I can't help you. I haven't heard their new one yet, nor have I seen them live...maybe in time I'll come around to your way of thinking, Maxy boy, but for now I'm diggin' it.

#67 Dial M For Max

Dial M For Max

Elephant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 10:42 PM

You're still an idiot.

#68 astroboy64

astroboy64

White Blood Cells

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 10:43 PM

And your grandmother ate kitty litter.

#69 juliet

juliet

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 10:43 PM

Man, I am new here and really didn't want to post but ya know-- I LOVE the black keys...I saw them at the Beachland and SXSW and everyone (audience + press) was blown away. They are really down to earth guys who just love music. And their new one completely blows the big come up away, but that's just my opinion and the press's and everyone else I've talked to, and....But I guess I should've come here to find positivity about them. I love the white stripes-hence I'm here, but if I were to pick one--it would definitely be the keys (sorry but the stripes seem more cliche now) I just don't get all the nonsense with these comments, they're just so childish. Why does it seem that you hate them so much? Are you jealous or somethin? I'm not trying to bash but just wonder why you feel the need to spit your shit so much. If you dislike them so very much then stop writing about them. Would that be too easy, or do you just have nothing better to do with your time? :hammer:

#70 Dial M For Max

Dial M For Max

Elephant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 10:45 PM

Why dont you read the comments. I explain why I don't like them... why I think they suck. Did you bother to go through the posts or my explanations? And if I were jealous why would I bother lauding ANY OTHER band?

The Stripes are cliche but the keys aren't? Please, explain that one.

And the keys are nothing compared to the stripes live. The keys are a fucking bore on stage, and I was not at all impressed by any of their toying, technically... as for SXSW, it was one of the worst hauls in recent history this year. Nothing much went down this year. And I dont care what the press has to say.

Edited by Dial M For Max, 29 March 2003 - 10:47 PM.

#71 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,582 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 10:46 PM

And your grandmother ate kitty litter.

LOL had to laugh

Well since I am El Presidente - I may just delete this thread here in a bit.. or clean it up. But only if you all promise to behave like good little children. If not, I am going to have to get my paddle with drill holes in them

whaaaaaap

#72 Dial M For Max

Dial M For Max

Elephant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 10:50 PM

By the way... yeah you're right about me expressing my opinions. You'd think this was a DISCUSSION FORUM or something, what with the difference of OPINION I'm sharing.

#73 astroboy64

astroboy64

White Blood Cells

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 10:56 PM

And the keys are nothing compared to the stripes live. The keys are a fucking bore on stage, and I was not at all impressed by any of their toying, technically...

Well can't I assess them on their recorded material alone? And I certainly don't expect them to match The White Stripes live experience. I think you're being a wee bit harsh on these guys.

#74 juliet

juliet

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 11:22 PM

Geesh, kingsnake-I hope you do clean this up some...just a few things then I must stop reading this crap and do something worthwhile. Dial M, I have read your comments and I am very sorry that you a such a disturbed boy. It's really quite sad...I mean really 2265 posts! Holy shit! Yes, I know you think they suck...we ALL know you think they suck and your opinion is yours but it's really getting old now. It's time to put the knife down ok...here c'mere and take some Prozac or Valium...hell both---deep breaths and calm--you can do it!
No the keys aren't cliche and I don't need to go about them not having a "schtick". You know, the keys have only been together for 1 year and I know that they get better and better each show, they ARE DIFFERENT than the stripes--stop comparing puleeze, that's all you can say. Astroboy--check them out LIVE and go to the epitaph site and hear there whole "thickfreakness" cd streamed...so great! :D

#75 Dial M For Max

Dial M For Max

Elephant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 11:39 PM

Cunt, I'm a moderator. It's my fucking duty to illicit traffic and get conversations going. If the medium is so beneathe you, then why dont you leave the forum?

The Black Keys are original if you live under a rock. They still sound like weak duo jets, to me. Do you even KNOW who they are? Do you even OWN boogie chillun? Do you really even know that much about music? Could you perhaps stand to learn something?

YOU compared them to the stripes. Not I. You mentioned the stripes, and put them DOWN in defense of the Keys. It's not like people don't ask me what I think of them constantly.

Save the med jokes... You're obviously mentally inferior and schizophrenic.

#76 astroboy64

astroboy64

White Blood Cells

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 12:15 AM

The Black Keys are original if you live under a rock. They still sound like weak duo jets, to me. Do you even KNOW who they are? Do you even OWN boogie chillun?

I disagree. I think The Black Keys don't need to sound original, and I appreciate them for the sound they make, however derivative you think they are. They're just a couple guys making fine music.

Your hostility is unjustified. Nobody needs to enter a music trivia contest with Dial M For Max to know any fucking anything.

#77 Dial M For Max

Dial M For Max

Elephant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 12:42 AM

...They dont even write good songs. Theyre the interpol of this whole blues rock bullshit going on. theyre phoney. As someone who's actually passionate about music, they piss me off.

#78 lynntou

lynntou

Porch Ghoul

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 10:29 AM

I really like their cover of "She Said, She Said"...which I wasn't prepared to like.

Ditto that. I think they did a great version of that song. I like these guys a lot. As for their live show - I don't really care. If they pass through LA some day, I'll go see them. But I don't buy or listen to records because I like a live show. I don't understand all the fuss about bands not being any good live. I'm going to be listening to an album a heck of a lot more than I'll be seeing them live, so that's all that matters to me.

#79 Saturnine

Saturnine

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 11:00 AM

But I don't buy or listen to records because I like a live show.  I don't understand all the fuss about bands not being any good live.  I'm going to be listening to an album a heck of a lot more than I'll be seeing them live, so that's all that matters to me.

If I think a band is decent or even good on record, then I see them live and they're awful, it makes me lose respect for them.  Lots of "musicians" can be made to sound competent in a recording studio.  If that can't be pulled off live, it spoils the record for me a bit.

As for the Black Keys, I sincerely cannot believe how much praise they're getting, especially here.  Their record is mediocre at best and live they are a total snore.

High musical standards are not something of which to be ashamed.  I don't think it's possible to be *too* hard on a shitty band.

#80 Dial M For Max

Dial M For Max

Elephant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 11:36 AM

people are just settling for the keys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users