4 replies to this topic

#1 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,714 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 01:50 PM

The penultimate show of the Boarding House Reach tour.  

#2 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,714 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 05:32 AM

Were any Little Roomers there who can tell us how glorious Bound To Pack It Up was?

#3 Robinski

Robinski

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:34 AM

^Please?!!

#4 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 03:03 PM

Bound to pack it up was a left field surprise - I recall it being right before blunderbuss, but internet says before black bat....

Anyway, it was a real surprise and caught me off guard. If I remember right, he did two verses and two choruses, dont think he did a complete version. It was lovely though and had Carla backing on drums.

Also, as is custom, cannon was played in snippets at different points. He integrated cannon into the end of respect commander where the rest of the band was doing the rhythm to respect commander and he was doing cannon. Really damn cool. Then the other time was elsewhere in the set he did it again for a minute or two.

Between the end of Carolina drama and the start of the encore, something got messed up with jacks pedal board that they kept trying in vain to fix, looked really frustrating but jack played along well and powered through. They made it through the first five songs on the encore with techs going back and forth messing with pedals and cables , but after slowly turning, his guitar rig fully crapped out on him, which is why he went and did youve got her in your pocket solo piano and then played my doorbell on the secondary drums, which imo was a great one two punch. At the end of doorbell, theyd gotten the guitar issues fixed and so he jumped off the drums and onto guitar to rip a lovely solo.

Overall - amazing show. Whos gonna complain about a 15 song main set and 9 song encore?!?!?! Flawless dynamic playing and just yeaaahhhh wow. Amazing show - not quite metro in August levels of amazing, but still awesome. That metro show from August is pretty untouchable though.

#5 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,714 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 04:40 PM

Thanks very much for the review.  I love shows where he has technical difficulties like that, always so interesting to watch how he deals with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users