176 replies to this topic

#161 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:36 PM

I can't seem to find the conversation where you sent them to me Mac, if you still have that and can check the links I would be eternally grateful - if those don't work they will need to be re-uploaded if you can help with that, thanks a million man :wub:

#162 itrainmonkeys

itrainmonkeys

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:23 PM

hey man......take your time. don't want you stressing if you just got out the hospital. focus on you. i was only bumping it to keep it fresh and not let it get lost. This was such a special show and i've been excited about the prospect of this. Don't worry about it. Just bumping the thread. Feel better

#163 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:49 PM

I didn't mean to get defensive, reading that back it looked a little like I was jumping your case - I think it was the afternoon Vicadin that did it. My offer still stands though - it will be a while before my versions are complete, if you feel like taking a shot at this let me know - and thanks for your kind words there monkey :P

#164 jokrogel

jokrogel

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:58 AM

What's the status of the editing project?

#165 itrainmonkeys

itrainmonkeys

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:20 PM

bump

#166 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:08 PM

What's the status of the editing project?

I took a fall a few months ago and had to have the rods in my back adjusted - while I was laid up I tried to work on this to no avail as it was a loosing battle with the pain killers - more recently I've been out of work and trying to find a job so this has been on the back burner for a while. Thanks for the reminder will get back to work here in the next couple of weeks as I get employment hopefully figured out as well...

#167 jokrogel

jokrogel

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:33 PM

I took a fall a few months ago and had to have the rods in my back adjusted - while I was laid up I tried to work on this to no avail as it was a loosing battle with the pain killers - more recently I've been out of work and trying to find a job so this has been on the back burner for a while. Thanks for the reminder will get back to work here in the next couple of weeks as I get employment hopefully figured out as well...

Thanks for the update and good luck with the job. Is your back ok now?

#168 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:49 PM

I was actually unable to attend the BRMC concert in STL that I was going to go to on the 23rd because my doctor said my back wasn't in any shape. Hoping I can make it when TDW come to STL, might have to disobey orders there and go anyways. Avoided further permanent injury though - just had to get the rods adjusted...

#169 jokrogel

jokrogel

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:34 PM

I was actually unable to attend the BRMC concert in STL that I was going to go to on the 23rd because my doctor said my back wasn't in any shape. Hoping I can make it when TDW come to STL, might have to disobey orders there and go anyways. Avoided further permanent injury though - just had to get the rods adjusted...

Ok good for you, I hope you can go to TDW concert in STL, take care and please post when the dvd is ready.

#170 xeyedandpainless

xeyedandpainless

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:08 AM

Ok good for you, I hope you can go to TDW concert in STL, take care and please post when the dvd is ready.

Hope you are feeling better , and I am def intersted in that DVD.

Posted my pics and some not high quality video here:
http://rockthebodyel...-and-video.html

Full review is here:
http://www.glidemaga...ad-weather.html

All the best.

#171 hannibal_lusty

hannibal_lusty

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:18 AM

Can I ask what software you use to edit?

#172 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

do you still have the original files that you used to upload from? If so I would love to get a hold of them ;)

Edited by spastic.jerk, 23 April 2010 - 01:47 PM.

#173 itrainmonkeys

itrainmonkeys

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:47 PM

so this project is kinda dead right? just want to make sure.

#174 jpscool4u

jpscool4u

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:10 PM

Hey everyone! Well this is the first time I've logged in in months, and I was excited when I saw this thread so close to the top, I figured the discussion was still going, but it was just a really coincidental bump.

I'm also wondering the status of the DVD. Sorry to hear about your back, spastic! I missed a She & Him show after knee surgery that was supposed to be virtually painless...

#175 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:21 AM

so this project is kinda dead right? just want to make sure.

no just on hold. Working on a shit ton of stuff as well as being real busy with work - work on it when I can but just haven't gotten much done in the last couple of months unfortunately. Long ago I remember when someone posted a DVD and said they had been working on it for like two years, laughed at it at the time - now not so funny....

#176 itrainmonkeys

itrainmonkeys

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:55 PM

no just on hold. Working on a shit ton of stuff as well as being real busy with work - work on it when I can but just haven't gotten much done in the last couple of months unfortunately. Long ago I remember when someone posted a DVD and said they had been working on it for like two years, laughed at it at the time - now not so funny....

Glad to hear. Please update this if you ever finish it. I'd really appreciate it. I was at the show and really would like a DVD of a concert I attended from DW.

#177 jpscool4u

jpscool4u

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:04 AM

I'd also really appreciate it.

By the way, I now have a somewhat better camera, I had the Sony WX1 and this is the HX5, it was released about 6 months after the WX1. The video is absolutely better, and it's 10X zoom, and "active" optical stabilization which basically means at 10X, it's the shakiness that most cameras would have at 1X. It makes the videos really smooth, and the 10X zoom is great, and it can do 720p 60fps, 1080i 60fps, or 1080p 30fps. I've been doing 1080p 30 lately, but i might switch to 720p 60.

The one bad thing, and it's actually one of the big reasons I got this new camera and sold the last Sony, is it had a stereo mic, while the WX1 had a mono mic. Unfortunately, and this is a HUGE unfortunately, the microphone is really shitty and cannot handle concert-volume audio whatsoever. The WX1 mic was pretty damn good, and the audio was really clear even, say, front row at a Dead Weather concert, but the HX5 stereo mics can't handle shit. And it's a known problem.

Now I only have two solutions. I can send it in for repair, but I don't think that'll do anything. So my only real two options are to buy a mic kit, get a good audio recording of the concert, and sync it up to my videos. I wouldn't mind that at all, but I'm in Boston now, and some venues really pat you down tight, I don't think I'd be able to sneak in a mic and recorder. The other option is to call up Sony and demand that they take it back and give me my money back (which I accidentally did before, wasn't expecting $330 for a 3 year old shitty Sony that they refused to repair), and then get a new camera.

But I need really specific things. It needs to be good at recording dark video (as in, concerts), which any camera with a CMOS censor will do, then I really want 10X zoom and the active optical stabilization, I'm pretty sure there's a few brands that have improved video optical stabilization similar to Sony's. It definitely has to record 720p, but 1080p or 720p 60 fps would be better. And the most important thing would be a microphone that can handle concert-volume audio. I know it's just based on the type of microphone. Some cameras have terrible sound (including mine), and some have decent sound, and some have amazing sound. If possible, I would want amazing sound, but anything that can make a rock concert sound clear is good.

Anyone know? I definitely want a new one before any possible White Stripes shows, because I'll be front row, camera in hand, and you guys know I record full concerts.

It's really unfortunate that the microphones in mine are so bad, because it's such a good camera, the videos come out so well.

Actually, I have a video already on YouTube.

She & Him, I Was Made For You, performed live in NYC, on Governor's island. I actually have the original, and then a new one where I stole the audio from someone else's and synced it to mine. Theirs was HD too so the audio quality is actually pretty good. I downloaded their video as an MP4 and extracted the AAC audio without any transcoding. Synced it to mine in iMovie.

So anyway....

The videos are embedded, so change the video quality to 720p so you can see what the videos really look like. It'll also make the audio higher quality.

original, with bad audio:
same video, stolen audio:

It's pretty damn good, and that's why it's such a shame that the mic is terrible, because 95% of what I use that camera for is recording concerts.

Edited by jpscool4u, 22 October 2010 - 12:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users