176 replies to this topic

#141 itrainmonkeys

itrainmonkeys

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:08 PM

no worries dude. I just appreciate you taking the time to do this. as long as I get a dvd of our show at some point with decent audio......I will be a happy man. thanks again.

#142 jpscool4u

jpscool4u

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:41 AM

Honestly, I'd rather wait a year and get a sweet, 5-angle DVD, then get a 2 angle DVD today. Everyone has tons of videos they can watch on youtube, I don't see why anyone would urgently need a DVD done now, so, assuming people feel the same way I do, there's no need to rush. Wait for those extra angles. And if they never come, there are TONS of videos on youtube now, in all sorts of angles, and you can download an MP4 from youtube (definitely don't download FLV, if you need help for downloading the MP4s, let me know), and if the video uploaded to youtube was HD, you can even download the 720p MP4 video.

So you definitely have a lot you can work with, even if you don't get those extra angles. But if they keep saying tomorrow, just tell them you really need them so you can work on this DVD, and then hopefully they'll get them to you within days/weeks/whatever. But again, beyond that, you can use youtube videos. And my, are there a lot of them.

#143 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:04 AM

I was kind of beginning to think the same thing as with all the holiday stuff going on it's kind of hard to be hard nosed about getting stuff to me and all of that. I would love some links to the best of the YouTube stuff, I can almost always capture stuff in MP4 from YouTube but if I need help with anything I will let you all know. For now, if you know of a good YouTube video you think could/should be used as an angle, hit me with some links :P

#144 itrainmonkeys

itrainmonkeys

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:52 PM

A little late, but I just put up a bunch of photos and a few videos from the show on my website. Check it out if you guys want. I got a bunch of photos.....some really good ones. If anyone wants any copies of my photos as a wallpaper let me know.....i'd be happy to hook you up. Anyway....enjoy

http://dontwakethesc...11-17-09-added/

#145 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:16 PM

Thanks for the vids and the pics. I'd kind of forgotten to make sure to collect some photos to use for the menus and that kind of thing - these should come in very useful :D

#146 itrainmonkeys

itrainmonkeys

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:45 PM

Thanks for the vids and the pics. I'd kind of forgotten to make sure to collect some photos to use for the menus and that kind of thing - these should come in very useful :D

Let me know if there are any that you want specifically......I can give you the high-res full size image without the text and copyright.

#147 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:48 PM

I might just have you remove the text but keep your copyright on it if you want so that you get credit for your images with out having to dirty up the menu, of course I would also give you props on the DVD case that I will be making to go with this so either way is cool, but I will definitely let you know when I get to narrowing down the selections as that might be a little ways off as it's looking right now :lol:
Thanks for the kind offer and for sharing that stuff up, always nice to have more material to work with, more I say, mwahahahaha :P

#148 jpscool4u

jpscool4u

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:51 AM

Any update? Just curious, no rush whatsoever. B)

#149 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:31 PM

There is a whole other angle on it's way to me.from front and center. I've had to take a break until I get the footage don't know how long it will be but i am still working rest assured, just got a remaster of the audio completed (I didn't thanks, you know who you are) and am now just waiting on this other angle to see what I can use from it. Hope to have it here in the next couple of weeks so I will get back to work then when I get it B)

#150 jpscool4u

jpscool4u

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:10 AM

Front + center? That's amazing! Do you know if it's a complete set? I did notice a couple people around me recording video for a lot of the time...

When you get the files, can you upload them to megaupload? (or just paste whatever links you get them from in the first place)

thanks

#151 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:31 PM

Alison might as well have stood on top of him and it is very nearly complete but because of issues like people with their batteries the entire concert was not recorded from beginning to end. I don't know about sharing it I will need to ask the person I got it from as they chose not to post t here in this thread and rather to send it to me directly. I should also mention that unlike the other recordings it is not a HD recording, but a standard definition one. Because of this I have decided that there will be two versions of this DVD completed. One that utilizes all the amazing lossy angles that I have gotten from people like the video in question, some YouTube clips and other random short videos that people have sent me. And I will be making another DVD that utilizes only the HD sources retaining the high video quality through out. will do some poking around and see if I can post this up for everyone...

#152 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:32 PM

If you have video you want to share I am still collecting it PM me
edit: sorry for the double post, oops

#153 itrainmonkeys

itrainmonkeys

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:25 PM

I just want a DVD of this show. I'm dying for it lol.

#154 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:30 PM

With the amount of material I am working with, a little more than I had initially anticipated, this is taking some time, sorry :ph34r:

#155 itrainmonkeys

itrainmonkeys

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:44 PM

bump

#156 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:04 PM

If you are bumping this to see if I am done I am not. I just got out of the hospital a few days ago and though I am at the house recuperating I am on massive amounts of pain killers making it kind of hard for me to do any video editing or anything, I tried to cut up some WAV files for billdore and an hour and a half later I still had not cut anything properly. I will gladly let everyone know when I am finished but there are a few things that are obstacles for me here
none of the video sources I have received are complete in between songs, where as the audio is - and the live DVD should be. However I am having to make a looped bit of video, taking a cue from ifoughtpirahnas on that one, and insert in for continuity in the video clips. I am having a hell of a time figuring out where the holes are, exactly how long they are, what can be used to plug them from other sources etc etc
The other main problem is that I am not a professional editor. I initially had conceived this as a two maybe three source video and is it up to double that - not that I am complaining here folks, I couldn't believe the amazing videos that were shared, just saying it got a little more complicated than I had initially anticipated.
As of this moment I am working on two versions of the DVD. One pure HD sourced and the other a non-HD version that will utilize the audience videos shared with me that weren't from HD cameras and a select few number of Mp4 files that were collected from people who posted them on YouTube, Vimeo and the like.
Now that all being said this is going to be a few months. If you think you can be of assistance here I am not going to hold any of this material hostage, hit me with a PM and we can work something out. I've even had someone cool enough to remaster the audience audio. I don't see any harm in having three versions of this running around since I am going to be making two myself :P especially if you feel like you can get something done in a timely manner for all the cool people that volunteered footage etc.

#157 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:06 PM

Front + center? That's amazing! Do you know if it's a complete set? I did notice a couple people around me recording video for a lot of the time...

When you get the files, can you upload them to megaupload? (or just paste whatever links you get them from in the first place)

thanks

I am going to check on this right now for you actually, I'm sorry this had fallen by the wayside but I try and find out now for you.

#158 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:10 PM

just got a thumbs up on sharing at least one more of the sources so I will try and get the links up tonight if they still work or start re-upping them and post when they are done in a day or two.

#159 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,244 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:21 PM

just got a thumbs up on sharing at least one more of the sources so I will try and get the links up tonight if they still work or start re-upping them and post when they are done in a day or two.

let me know if you need help if the links don't work

#160 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:30 PM

let me know if you need help if the links don't work

shit yeah man, forgot I you sent me these, I'll take a look now and let you know :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users