if this exists already i can't find it on the searcher....
curious to see who people enjoyed seeing live the most and why.
so i guess lets hear every show you've attended and wich was best and why...
can't wait to hear!
You asked for it!
(Kidding! This isn't every show I've attended. I can't remember them all!
Every single band on the following list was fucking awesome and I would have a hard time picking a favorite of all time. I had so much fun at all these shows. They all have their place in my history and I just can't pick one.
1. The White Stripes
(6x)- Do I need to have a reason?
2. The King Khan & BBQ Show
(6x)- So much fun it shouldn't be legal.
(5x)- Beautiful, creepy, heart wrenching music.
4. Dex Romweber Duo
- LEGEND. I'm seeing them again on the 8th!
5. Sleater Kinney
(2x) - For anyone that says girls can't rock, you obviously never saw S-K play.
(3x) - Fun! And for some reason every time I saw them Beth Ditto was having a hair related malfunction. WTF?!
7. M. Ward
(2x) - Amazing musician.
8. Neko Case
(4x) - My wife. Gorgeous, gorgeous voice.
9. Gillian Welch
- My second wife. See above.
10. Old Crow Medicine Show
(4x) - Coked up dance your ass off bluegrass-y stuff.
11. The Raconteurs
- really good live. Best rhythm section everrrr!
12. Dead Weather
(2x) - I was impressed with their sound and charisma. I know some won't agree though.
13. Black Lips
- What can I say about this band that Kevin hasn't said already?
(2x) - I seriously almost like them more than the black lips. So sue me.
15. The Coathangers
- Fun fun fun!
16. Took out 16 since I couldn't remember much from their show. I had fun but....
17. Magnolia Electric Company
- Amazing band. Also, Jason Molina is a super nice guy!
18. Bob Dylan
(2x) - First show I chose to see as an adult. I cried. No joke.
19. No Doubt
- I've always been a No Doubt fan & their show was seriously fucking fun.
20. The Decemberists
(2x) - Great performers. The live show is a joy to watch. They play great music AND put on an entertaining show. Win/Win.
21. Violent Femmes
- Rocked my face off.
22. The Grates
(6x) - Another super fun band. One of the few to actually get me to dance.
23. The Cannonball Legacy Band
- The second (and last) show that's had me in tears. Such amazing musicianship. I'm honored to have been in the same room with them.
- I saw them with No Doubt. Shirley is one awesome front woman!
25. Eric Clapton
- I saw this show at the height of my Eric Clapton phase. Definitely a good time. Much prefer him live to on record as far as recent stuff goes.
- AMAZING. Janet Weiss will win a drum-off against ANYONE. Go see them!
27. Stereo Total
28. Mary Weiss
- She was so cute & obviously enjoying playing for people. I really enjoyed her set!
29. Reigning Sound
- So glad I got to see them. Such a great band!
30. Jay Reatard
- The crowd had some assholes in it but I enjoyed their set despite them. Very glad I got to see him once before he passed.
31. Langhorne Slim
(2x) - Love his voice & guitar playing.
32. The New Pornographers
- Was lucky enough to see them with Neko Case & Dan Bejar in attendance. Amazing pop music & wonderful harmonies! This would have to be on my list of favorite shows.
33. Thee Oh Sees
- I saw them at a house party in Austin during sxsw. I almost died from happiness. SO GOOD.
34. You Am I
(2x) - I never thought I'd get to see them since they don't tour the US much. I was definitely glad to get to see them!
35. Gore Gore Girls
- Fun show. Such attitude!
36. Holy Fuck!
- Normally not in to this type of music, but I really enjoyed their set.
37. Carolyn Mark
- Such a beautiful voice & hilarious lyrics. "You're not a whore if nobody's paying" indeed!
38. The Watson Twins
(3x) - They have beautiful voices and I love their harmonies. Can't really beat sibling harmonies!
- I don't really listen to their records much, but their show was intense. They know what they're doing! haha
- So fucking much fun it just isn't right.
41. The Hard Lessons
(3-4x) - Good old fashioned ROCK. Great performers and nice, kind people. <3
42. The Dirtbombs
- Floored me. I was not prepared for the amazing-ness.
(2x) - Gorgeous indie-pop. I'm a sucker for great harmonies.
44. Ryan Adams & the Cardinals
- So amazing. Fuck!
45. Levon Helm
- He was in The Band. Do I need to say anything more??
1. Wanda Jackson
- She is too fricking cute, and she can still bring it despite being up there in years. Long live rockabilly!
2. The Flaming Lips
- Best live show on earth? I dunno if I'd agree with that, but you will be entertained while you're there. Fun times.
3. El Paso Hot Button
- Awesomely awesome one man band that I've been lucky enough to see dozens of times. I've never tired of the show.
4. Student Film
- Great musicians, great songs. I also enjoy seeing Sethy's glasses fly off his head when he's playing bass.
5. The Separation
- Fun pop rock with accordion, banjo, & clarinet, in addition to the traditional rock instrumentation. Great lyrics too.
6. Subatomic Pieces
- Great band. Miss them a lot.
7. Dorian Small
- Wish they'd play again. Wonderful songs. Reminds me of the weirder Beatles stuff.
8. The Hex
- Maybe one of the best shows I've been to. They'd definitely rate with the national and international acts I've seen.
9. The Grammarians
- Almost the same lineup as Hex, but not quite as good. Still enjoyed it a lot, but something was missing.
10. The Toothman
- Fucking blew me away. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't what I got.
11. 40 Minutes of Hell
- In your face rock. Really great performers. Another band that I miss.
12. Rainbows Are Free
- Front man from 40MOH's new band. Same type of thing. Still good, but I prefer the former band.
13. Penny Hill
- Beautiful alt-country stuff. Wish they'd put out a record. And play more shows.
- I liiiiike them, but I don't love them. Most people around here really like 'em. Maybe I haven't given them enough of a chance.
15. Ryan Lindsey
- Basic indie pop rock. Really good voice and some interesting lyrics. I'd like to see more of his shows.
16. Kunek (Other Lives)
- I wish I liked them more. I can tell they're talented & they put a lot into performing but they don't move me as much as other bands have.
- These guys put on one hell of a show. Go see them!
18. Pretty Black Chains
- One of my favorite newish local bands. I think the 1st time I saw them I almost had to pick my jaw up off the floor. They play rock music & put everything they have into it. I've seen them a few times now and they just get better and better. About a billion times better live than on record.
19. The Stock Market Crash
- They knew how to put on a show. Tons of talent, charisma, stage presence, what have you. I had a great time every single time I saw them.
20. The Oh Johnny! Girls
- Rockabilly hotness!
21. Mike Hosty
- Another one man band. His song 'fraidy hole is hilarious. At least it is if you're from tornado country.
22. Samantha Crain & the Midnight Shivers
- More alt-country stuff. Samantha Crain kinda sounds like she's chewing her words like Jolie Holland, & in a good way just like JH.
I've seen the locals dozens of times for the most part. Wanda Jackson only thrice & Flaming Lips only once. These listed are the great ones. I've definitely seen some local bands that really were pretty terrible. Eeek.
As you can see, I have a hard time being content with just seeing a band once. More bands need to come to Oklahoma. I will go see you, damn it!
Edited by Angelina79, 05 February 2010 - 11:53 AM.