#1 Rooniedoo

Rooniedoo

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:28 AM

Im confused

Edited by Rooniedoo, 12 December 2017 - 11:36 AM.

#2 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:52 AM

Captain Beefheart much?

#3 Jack White Mini me!

Jack White Mini me!

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:56 PM

Clips of new songs that'll form a third album I assume.... consider me EXCITED 

#4 hannibal_lusty

hannibal_lusty

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:49 PM

I found each snippet more interesting than almost anything on Lazaretto.

#5 Rooniedoo

Rooniedoo

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:35 PM

same lol

#6 Jack White Mini me!

Jack White Mini me!

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:58 PM

Surprised this hasn't generated more discussion... where has everyone gone around here?! 

#7 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,812 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:04 PM

Surprised this hasn't generated more discussion... where has everyone gone around here?! 

Away, unfortunately.

And I'm inclined to agree with lusty, too.  Lazaretto's a good album, but felt a bit inorganic and uncohesive to me. Three years later, my favorite track on it by far is High Ball Stepper. These "servings and portions" sound like he used jumped off the HBS high dive into an Olympic-sized pool of experimentation.  Really seems like the touring hiatus and doing other things for a while was good for him, like it lit his musical fire again.

#8 NoRightOpinion

NoRightOpinion

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:07 AM

Anyone know anything about Jacks new band mates in the video?

#9 Monkhey

Monkhey

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:28 AM

It seems like the whole bluegrass thing is behind him, this makes me happy. One thing I can not understand for the life of me is why he stopped incorporating slide guitar into his music. In my opinion, thats his best playing style. Very excited to hear more though, these snippets sound insane.

#10 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,812 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:43 PM

"Boarding House Reach"--  https://idioms.thefr...ing house reach

Lotta very cool details going on in the title, sound snippets, and visuals of the video. 

Anyone know anything about Jacks new band mates in the video?

Check out this thread--  http://littleroom.wh...showtopic=71734  Musicians in the two Instagram photos posted over the summer were ID'd and it seems they're the same people in the video (or at least most of them).  And the voice talking about demands and abjuration is C.W. Stoneking.

Edited by Kali Durga, 14 December 2017 - 01:44 PM.

#11 kandykanekidd

kandykanekidd

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:19 PM

Really liking the release format. Can't say I did at first because I was so confused. Thought it was a parody or something.

He likes to release a single first up. This sounds like he has released the whole album in 10 second sound bytes. 

A whole bunch of brand new musicians has given everything such a fresh sound. Also quite a few instruments in the Youtube clip that Jack would usually have cast in the rubbish bin.

#12 NoRightOpinion

NoRightOpinion

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:24 AM

Thanks

"Boarding House Reach"--  https://idioms.thefr...ing house reach

Lotta very cool details going on in the title, sound snippets, and visuals of the video. 

Check out this thread--  http://littleroom.wh...showtopic=71734  Musicians in the two Instagram photos posted over the summer were ID'd and it seems they're the same people in the video (or at least most of them).  And the voice talking about demands and abjuration is C.W. Stoneking.

Edited by NoRightOpinion, 15 December 2017 - 12:25 AM.

#13 hannibal_lusty

hannibal_lusty

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:33 AM

Away, unfortunately.

And I'm inclined to agree with lusty, too.  Lazaretto's a good album, but felt a bit inorganic and uncohesive to me. Three years later, my favorite track on it by far is High Ball Stepper. These "servings and portions" sound like he used jumped off the HBS high dive into an Olympic-sized pool of experimentation.  Really seems like the touring hiatus and doing other things for a while was good for him, like it lit his musical fire again.

Yeah the stand out tracks are career highlights but it just doesnt hang together whatsoever.

#14 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:42 AM

Jack's hiatus killed the forum, although things were slowing down a little before then.

Lazaretto was awesome!

#15 YDKWLI

YDKWLI

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:14 PM

Very excited for this! I watched the video so many times, I'm already used to what song comes next.

I haven't been around for a Jack solo album to drop. I'm searching for places to discuss things, but can't seem to find the right place. There is no place to hear things first or where everybody is gathering to discuss something. I imagined this was the place, but there are too many options at the moment. Hopefully with more to come and touring it will become more alive.

#16 jokrogel

jokrogel

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:31 AM

I'm really excited about the new album and the portions of songs really sounded good and fresh. Waiting for more news on a release date and my guess is that it will be announced in the beginning of next year, same time as the next Vault package will be announced. When during the spring will the next Vault platinum package, that will be announced early January, be shipped? In April perhaps? Edit: searced some Vault discussions and they were shipped mid/late March in 2016 if I remember correctly.

Edited by jokrogel, 22 December 2017 - 09:04 AM.

#17 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:03 AM

I think there's some cool experimentation going on here, and I'm very much looking forward to it.  That said, if folks found Lazaretto "uncohesive", I don't see how what we hear in this video is, in any way, a more unified approach.  It seems like a grab-bag of ideas, which I'm perfectly fine with (I hate when albums sound samey from song-to-song), but it's far from cohesive, if that's what one is looking for.

Anyways, my favourite track from Lazaretto remains That Black Bat Licorice, but High Ball Stepper is right near the top as well.

I'd concur with Monkhey regarding Jack and the slide guitar.  But let's not forget that he didn't use it on White Blood Cells either.

#18 mmshuster

mmshuster

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 457 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:14 AM

First off I love it, I think new pieces have helped inspired a much different sound. Loved Blunderbuss and Lazaretto had some high points but I'm glad to see it go in a different direction. That spoken word piece think of a good question, the song before and after were early favorites. I cant wait to see how the servings come together. The riff at the end, the scream, and that hip hop sounding part with the pig have me curious about how the song theyre apart of will sound. Im also curious whay the words shown, symbols, kale/leak, real hands, fire extinguisher mean to the album, song titles, or if they have any significance at all. Can someone tell me more about the new band?

#19 mmshuster

mmshuster

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 457 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:55 PM

saw the other thread that discussed the other band members

#20 mmshuster

mmshuster

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 457 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

any guesses on release dates? hes released albums in March and April which would make sense with this one given the tour dates. Hope we get an early taste of a full song like we did with high ball stepper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users