Any Little Roomers going?

#2 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,649 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:29 PM

The poster for tonight's show by Mishka Westell is lovely on multiple levels--  https://www.instagra.../p/Bp-WtmyFVWM/

#3 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,649 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 09:14 AM

Was anyone at this show???  That setlist is fantastic!

#4 hardertobe

hardertobe

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:05 AM

Great setlist!

#5 Robinski

Robinski

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:41 PM

I was there with my husband. Jack played well, gave the show his all and was in good spirits, and his most excellent band was right there with him.  The visuals that appeared on the three screens behind the stage were an impressive accompaniment to the show. The stadium seemed full, but I don't think the show was sold out. Although the crowd sometimes needed a little prompting from Jack, it was for the most part engaged and enthusiastic. The opening band, Crown Lands, was fantastic! Check them out!

I enjoyed the show, but not as much as the last show of Jack's I attended, which was the Vancouver stop of the Love Interruption tour. I'm really not a fan of any of the songs on Boarding House Reach, and Jack's voice was rather hit and miss, which I suppose is understandable at this late stage of the tour. I was disappointed with Jack's vocals on Broken Boy Soldier (I love that song) but they were good for Steady as She Goes and Seven Nation Army, which of course were crowd favourites.

(A side-note: I become nostalgic for The White Stripes whenever I hear Jack's 'cover' of Ball and Biscuit - I really miss the original stripped-down version of that song.)

Edited by Robinski, 13 November 2018 - 11:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users