#1 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,457 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:29 PM

Howdy

I still have my farmland. If you guys want to reunite the invitation is stil open. I don't know how much longer I will have LAND.

Love

Linda

#2 mrthompson

mrthompson

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,701 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:11 PM

YES.

#3 Jamilia

Jamilia

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:54 PM

Agreed. Yes!

#4 JellyRoll Baker

JellyRoll Baker

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,799 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:27 AM

Do they even still talk to each other?

#5 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,398 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:43 AM

If this ever happens...ill be there. Crazier things have happened, right? ;)

#6 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:11 PM

I request to be on the stage crew. My job title will be "Maximum Enjoyer of Experience". I am to stand in the front of the stage before the crowd barrier and enjoy the in front of front row show perspective. I should not hit Post.  

#7 Kat Saunders

Kat Saunders

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:35 PM

Do they even still talk to each other?

It sounded like they weren't in a good place before that big interview they did, and I really doubt they helped matters. Honestly I don't really know if I blame her. In some ways reading that has changed how I feel about the band (as someone who mostly listens for nostalgia) because it seems pretty clear that Meg was not into it for several years before they disbanded. 

#8 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:07 AM

It's entirely possible that Meg wasn't ever completely into it.  But, whatever, her association with Jack made her rich, so now she can live, comfortably, in whatever manner she chooses.

That may sound harsh, but if being a musician was her life career goal, she'd still be active in that capacity, at least with someone else.

Edited by J.C., 05 November 2015 - 03:08 AM.

#9 Kat Saunders

Kat Saunders

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:10 PM

No, I think you're onto something there.

#10 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:29 AM

I would strongly disagree that Meg wasn't into it. You can clearly seeing her enjoying herself and deeply involved emotionally in the music, especially at live shows between 2002-2005 when I feel like she really found her place behind the kit. I feel that once Get Behind Me Satan finished and they took some time off and Jack did a side project, all of that time off really had an effect on Meg. Being on the road and that active in a band for all of those years... the tours, recording, etc. then to stop and take that much time off... I think that's what caused more of the anxiety and lack of wanting to continue. Yeah, she isn't as hardcore as Jack is about the music. I believe that. So she most likely felt like she achieved everything that she could or could have ever wanted. We know she was sort of tossed into the music with Jack. She is a big music listener, but the band started pretty randomly and wasn't expected to last as long as it did. What happened in terms of albums and tours with that band is amazing. They could have easily made one album and been done. Also, so many musicians talk about how rough the road is and how draining it is on you emotionally, and physically. I don't blame her whatsoever. The fact that there are a handful of musicians like Jack White out there that eat, sleep, and breathe music, no matter what the cost, is amazing.

#11 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:46 AM

Yeah, I would tend to agree that Meg seemed to be enjoying herself for a fair amount of time, though given that there was only two years in between the release of GBMS and Icky Thump (around the same amount of time as between Elephant and GBMS), and they toured for both, it might be a bit of a stretch to suggest that just because Jack was doing stuff with the Racs, it created some sort of anxiety in her.  General exhaustion, on the other hand, sure.

But we'll never really know, unless Meg writes an autobiography or does an interview in the coming years, and both of those scenarios seem fairly unlikely.  At any rate, I just hope she's content.

#12 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:19 PM

Yeah, I would tend to agree that Meg seemed to be enjoying herself for a fair amount of time, though given that there was only two years in between the release of GBMS and Icky Thump (around the same amount of time as between Elephant and GBMS), and they toured for both, it might be a bit of a stretch to suggest that just because Jack was doing stuff with the Racs, it created some sort of anxiety in her.  General exhaustion, on the other hand, sure.

But we'll never really know, unless Meg writes an autobiography or does an interview in the coming years, and both of those scenarios seem fairly unlikely.  At any rate, I just hope she's content.

I wasn't implying the other band caused it. I think when you live a certain lifestyle for so many years, then immediately stop it for a few years, and then try to jump back into that... it can definitely cause exhaustion and anxiety. I don't like to overthink it (despite making a few posts about it haha). I'm just really happy to have been able to experience what I had. I'll always wish it would come back, but it's hard to capture the magic again.

#13 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:37 PM

Fair enough.

#14 Robinski

Robinski

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:16 PM

Sometimes I wonder if the secret shows of the 2007 tour were what triggered Meg's anxiety?  Were they too much for her? I was at the Provencher Bridge in Winnipeg for one of the secret shows. Meg's eyes were fixed on Jack the whole time. It was like she was hanging on to him for dear life. But they did a fantastic show at the arena later that night...

#15 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,457 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:26 AM

JACK! Stop being an arsehole. Life is short, man.

No really, I had no idea this thread would go this way. I have my land listed and 3 (ha) to four people inquire every month.

Meg! Stop being an arsehole.

Eddie!! Stop being an arsehole!!!

#16 angelos

angelos

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,009 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:40 AM

JACK! Stop being an arsehole. Life is short, man.

No really, I had no idea this thread would go this way. I have my land listed and 3 (ha) to four people inquire every month.

Meg! Stop being an arsehole.

Eddie!! Stop being an arsehole!!!

pump

#17 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,457 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:04 PM

Hahaha!

I don't remember the entire arsehole diatribe.

Linda! You ARE an ASS.

#18 Action Boy!

Action Boy!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:52 PM

I think meg was into it...and then wasn't into it....but kept doing it because it's what was expected of her...then really really didn't want to do it...so she stopped...and now she doesn't do it anymore because she already did it.

The End.

#19 angelos

angelos

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,009 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:23 AM

Seems Icky Thump ear was a little ecky for her.

#20 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,111 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:37 PM

Dear Jack and Meg,

Because I still have a massive hole in my heart from the band, wait....disbanding, I would like for either of you to send me one White Stripes Tiffany lamp to warm my broken heart.

Thank you dolls :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users